HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

I've never read the books so my body is ready for what's about to happen :pimp:

I'll probably marathon season 1 & 2 again like I did a few months ago before 3 begins.

Any of y'all watch Downton Abbey? It's nothing like GOT but that Wildling chick was in the first season....that is all
Ser Jorah was also on Downton Abbey. I hope we'll be seeing a lot of Rose Leslie in season 3 :evil:.

I don't think I'll have HBO anymore when the season starts :smh:. I'll have to find a way to watch the episodes. I'm fiending way more for a new book though. GRRM probably won't be done with the next one until 2015. He also writes novellas about characters from the past but they're spread out in different works.

hey where can we find those novellas. ive been wanting to read his other work. no one answered if they have read them when I asked. I need something til the next book and if 2015 is true thats would suck.

hey where can we find those novellas. ive been wanting to read his other work. no one answered if they have read them when I asked. I need something til the next book and if 2015 is true thats would suck.

i read em and they're not as great as the books obviously but they do give you a better understanding of the history behind the SOIAF novels. Its also pretty cool to read about the time period when the Targaryans were on top. Oh, and you can get the books on da internetz.

what were the titles of the ones you read ill pick them up tomorrow.
I cant read books on the computer/tablet. not the same to me (call me old fashioned)

Got me hyped. :pimp:

Ive been reading each book after the season airs.... But I haven't been able to resist starting a storm of swords.

Advice from the book readers...
I've read maybe 5 or 6 chapters... Basically until it got to a point where the end of season 2 stopped in the book.

Question is should I continue reading? Or should I stop and just wait to watch the episodes?

I guess it's purely opinion, but do you guys think it will be more entertaining to watch it play out on tv or finish asos and critique as it airs.

I wouldn't. I'm in the same position. I'd rather just wait, because it's really hard to resist the urge to compare the show to the books, and I'd rather just appreciate the show now, because I know it's not gonna take away from the book nearly as much as the book would take away from the show.

And waiting is easy once the show isn't on and hype dies down. :lol:

I couldn't resist... I'm now about halfway thru asos... I kinda regret it because I'm pretty sure I know everything that will happen in season 3 now.

I won't let a little regret stop me now tho... think I'll just read all of them now.

^
I didn't have the willpower to start any of the books and just stop. The first 3 books were like crack to me. I'm not a big reader but I would go through one of the books in under a week.

^
I didn't have the willpower to start any of the books and just stop. The first 3 books were like crack to me. I'm not a big reader but I would go through one of the books in under a week.
Under a week?! Christ.

I started reading the books from A Clash Of Kings after I watched the first season. This was summer '11. I just started A Dance with Dragons a week ago.

Under a week?! Christ.

I started reading the books from A Clash Of Kings after I watched the first season. This was summer '11. I just started A Dance with Dragons a week ago.

lol the first book took me the longest since I had already watched the show. it was sort of boring to go back over it with the show being so fresh. books 2-4 took me about. 6 months. with working and daily life. but when I read it was an intense session.
audio book on the ipod helped me get through them also. he read slow but with so much emphasis on perfecting tones of the character

i read em and they're not as great as the books obviously but they do give you a better understanding of the history behind the SOIAF novels. Its also pretty cool to read about the time period when the Targaryans were on top. Oh, and you can get the books on da internetz.

What were these book titles??? i need to pick these up this weekend.

just found out dreamsongs vol. 2 has the hedge knight. but I broke down and just bought the marvel graphic novel since I heard it was the sane.
plus I heard those 3 novellas will be re-released soon

yea I just hate reading things on the computer. id do audio books but I still like having the physical copy.

edit for double post:
I have a tablet...it stays on my floor. just feels different. cant explain it

Last edited:
I'd recommend a 7 inch tablet or a Kindle. Trust me you'd appreciate it. Been reading books more and comics on my Nexus 7.

funny thing is I actually have them all on my tablet. I just couldnt read them on there. just used the paperback and audiobook to get through them

Last edited:
Anyone have the same problem with ADWD that I have? So much is going on that I only read a chapter every few days. Feels like my head will explode... Great book tho

^
Yeah, but you get used to keeping track of everything since you're already on book 5. These books have been good memory exercise but so much has gone on that I forget stuff.

My main problem with ADWD was the first 2/3 of the book just dragged on (pun intended). I didn't enjoy reading it as much as the other books :\.

^
Yeah, but you get used to keeping track of everything since you're already on book 5. These books have been good memory exercise but so much has gone on that I forget stuff.

My main problem with ADWD was the first 2/3 of the book just dragged on (pun intended). I didn't enjoy reading it as much as the other books :\.
I agree with the dragging.

Back
Top Bottom