HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Damn Melisandre, you's a freak. 
laugh.gif

Joffrey.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm reserving judgment til the rerun, cuz I missed the first 10 minutes...but from what I saw...that was one of the best episodes of the series.

And even though I read A Clash of Kings...that ending...
eek.gif
wow

That medic chick was nice.  I thought Rob Stark was going to try and do something with her.
They killed Dani's silver mare an episode or two ago.  Not sure what their reasoning was.

Always nice to see Melisandre naked 
smokin.gif
.  Harrenhall and Qarth both looked awesome 
eek.gif
.  Renly's Kingsguard didn't have rainbow cloaks or any colored cloaks.  They probably thought it would be too gay 
eyes.gif

This season has been moving at a snail's pace.  Only 10 episodes at this pace is not enough.  

I need a few things cleared up for me.
First thing is, what is point of that camp Arya is at, and why are they there torturing the prisoners.
Second question is what happened to Stannis and Renely to bring them to the point where they hate each other.
And lastly, how did she get pregnant so fast, and what in the hell was that thing

@omgitswes
1. If I remember correctly, Harrenhall is sorta in the center of the Riverlands where all the battles are taking place so it's a good point for the Lannisters and their bannerman to have a homebase that isn't Casterly Rock (where the Lannisters live) or Kings Landing. As for torturing the prisoners, I'm not totally sure, it might be just them showing the cruelty of the Lannisters but I could be totally wrong (been a while since I read the books).

2. Stannis always felt that he was screwed out of a lot of things from Robert. Idk if they talk about it in the show, but Robert gave Renly Storms End which was the historical seat of the Baratheon's while Stannis got #****$ Dragonstone even though Stannis was the older brother, so there is a lot of resentment there. Then you add the fact that Renly is calling himself the true King when the laws dictate that next in succession should be the next of kin male relative (Stannis), is all annoying.

3. That was basically some crazy witchcraft is the only thing I could come up with.

@omgitswes
1. The camp Arya is at is good for the story development that progresses her.. people she meets blah blah.. her hatred for all the people who did her wrong.

2. Its not that they hate eachother. Stannis is like ned stark in the fact he's bound by Honor and the law.. the law says he should be King.
Renly is loved by many.. and would make a better king for the people. but its not his Crown by birth right (since stannis is older) and thats what Stannis is mad about Renly trying to be king with no right to it.

3. Shes pretty much a witch/demon.. and that thing was a baby demon (kinda) Thats the result from when stannis had sex with her.. thats the child she produced

That was a funny start to the episode...really well done, but again with the 'hide the action/protect the budget for later' stuff...I really hope it pays off.
nerd.gif

Robb and that nurse girl
smokin.gif
dude is really growing into his role.

But um...Sansa...not that great an actress? Like she can't keep the same emotion from one shot to the next?

Then you have Joffrey who was born to make people hate him...that scene with Ros
sick.gif
#*$+

Yall were hyping up Margaery, but she kinda permanently has the same expression on her face for everything.

And it just feels like there's not much to this Stannis actor is there? Dude lamed down that scene with Renly, which should've been amazing. He just feels miscast. They kept building his character up through all of last season and dude doesn't have that weight of character. He's like the replacement for Spartacus to me, when he should've been as imposing as Tywin Lannister.

Speaking of...well done. Everything with Arya for me...so well done. The whole camp, everything was just well setup and run. I really hate that they recasted The Mountain...and for what?? Dude got a role on Spartacus just to last 1 episode.
indifferent.gif
I get your character is barely in the show, but he's one of the most memorable characters...Whatever...Tywin Lannister...that dude (I love the change they made of putting Arya with him)...he's much more what I expected Stannis to be like, and Harrenhal looks amazing.

I'll give this much...as much as that Stannis-Renly scene didn't live up to expectations...the next one with Davos did. Then Davos and Melisandre finally won me over with these Dragonstone characters. Well written, well shot, well acted, so surprising, timely, Melisandre
devil.gif
...the shadow baby
sick.gif

Loved this episode. It feels like the season finally started.

edit: oh yeah, Daenerys...the Council of the Thirteen, wasn't what I expected, but not in a bad way.
I'm shaky on Xaro, but Qarth
eek.gif
I'm impressed and hope they live up to that scene.

and damn...this show has a real thing with $@*%$# up births. Gilly's baby being given to the woods, Janos stabbing that baby, Dany's baby and the witch, Melissandre's _____, Joffrey.
30t6p3b.gif

edit2: Almost forgot...this kid Lancel...lowkey has killed this role.
laugh.gif
and Peter Dinklage looking for that easy repeat Emmy.

I too have a few questions about this episode and you dudes always come through so here goes.

1. Those people that Robb attacked in the first scene...who were they? Everyone is claiming to be the king so exactly what "kingdom" did Robb just raid (sorry if question doesnt make sense)

2. Why did Ned Starks wife go to Renly? From what I remember it seemed like Ned was ready for Stannis to take the throne so why is his wife with Renly now? Is it cause he has all the men?

I'm sorry but i'm cringing at all the changes they've made from the book-
1.Arya doesn't meet Tywin. 

2.Arya Gendry and Hot Pie don't get caught like that, they actually escape the Lannisters when Yoren is killed, only to be captured again off of God's Eye. 

3.Littlefinger doesn't go to Renly's camp and visits Catelyn, let alone deliver his bones. 

4.Shae isn't Sansa's maid. 

I began reading after season 1 ended so i jumped right to a clash of kings, now reading a storm of swords, so did stuff like this happen in the first season as well? 

Originally Posted by Regis

I too have a few questions about this episode and you dudes always come through so here goes.

1. Those people that Robb attacked in the first scene...who were they? Everyone is claiming to be the king so exactly what "kingdom" did Robb just raid (sorry if question doesnt make sense)

2. Why did Ned Starks wife go to Renly? From what I remember it seemed like Ned was ready for Stannis to take the throne so why is his wife with Renly now? Is it cause he has all the men?
1. Robb attacked a Lannister stronghold 

2. Robb sent Catelyn (against her wishes) hoping she could persuade Renly to become allies with the Starks.

Originally Posted by Man E

2.Arya Gendry and Hot Pie don't get caught like that, they actually escape the Lannisters when Yoren is killed, only to be captured again off of God's Eye. 

3.Littlefinger doesn't go to Renly's camp and visits Catelyn, let alone deliver his bones. 

I began reading after season 1 ended so i jumped right to a clash of kings, now reading a storm of swords, so did stuff like this happen in the first season as well? 

Given the constraints of the season being only 10 episodes it would be almost impossible for the show to follow all of the details of the book verbatim.

You mention that Shae wasn't Sansa's maid but the person who she was a maid for hasn't even been introduced on the show yet and I doubt they will be.

I have no problems with the show changing some of the little details about a character/storyline, the main plot of this season is more or less the same as the book.

1. Nope.
2. Nope. I mean that was last ep, and everyone kinda reasoned...too expensive to do that big battle and drag it out.
3. Nope. But why are you mad?
4. Nope.

I get, understand, and kinda love what the writers are doing with the show. The book has these built-in blindspots...because you only follow maybe 7 or 8 characters in each book, and it's all in the first person, whatever one of those 7 or 8 wasn't there to see, you don't see. So a ton of stuff happens out of sight, and you don't see certain characters for half the book+

But this is a show that's paying real actors, so instead of having Shae almost disappear for most of season 2, they put her with Sansa. Instead of having Tywin not appear for almost all of season 2, they put Arya with him. Forget the book, I'm excited for Shae-Sansa and Arya-Tywin scenes. I feel like they'll get the best out of each other.

And Ned's remains. That stuff happened off-screen in the book. Littlefinger disappears too, but here, instead of anonymous shipment of Ned's bones were sent to X, we get this moment, where Catelyn confronts Littlefinger and he tells her these lies that they still have Arya and that he tried to help Ned.

I mean, if you want the show to follow the book and get rid of moments like that, then so be it. But, to me, this is exactly what defines an adaptation, and I think they're doing really well with it.

Plus that leaves the book readers a little something extra to be happy about, because now people wonder what the book is like which makes them go out and read them..

I didnt want tonights episode yet I'll download it later.. but with these changes.. its not bad it actually kind of speeds up the story which is needed for 10 eps.. if this was 24 eps then I can see them doing it book for book but these are revisions that the author himself is doing keying in on.. so maybe his first ideas or his new ideas.. the books are kinda 8+years old..

so its possible this is what he has seen in order to speed the process up or make the story a bit more interesting. Like i said in another post, that whole Arya running around til she got caught and put in Harrenhal anyway was kind of a pointless arc in the book.. Lord bolton should be important but we'll see what happens

Joffery
30t6p3b.gif
Cant wait for that little prick to die.

And, uh... that ending........

... yeah...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

1. Nope.
2. Nope. I mean that was last ep, and everyone kinda reasoned...too expensive to do that big battle and drag it out.
3. Nope. But why are you mad?
4. Nope.

I get, understand, and kinda love what the writers are doing with the show. The book has these built-in blindspots...because you only follow maybe 7 or 8 characters in each book, and it's all in the first person, whatever one of those 7 or 8 wasn't there to see, you don't see. So a ton of stuff happens out of sight, and you don't see certain characters for half the book+

But this is a show that's paying real actors, so instead of having Shae almost disappear for most of season 2, they put her with Sansa. Instead of having Tywin not appear for almost all of season 2, they put Arya with him. Forget the book, I'm excited for Shae-Sansa and Arya-Tywin scenes. I feel like they'll get the best out of each other.

And Ned's remains. That stuff happened off-screen in the book. Littlefinger disappears too, but here, instead of anonymous shipment of Ned's bones were sent to X, we get this moment, where Catelyn confronts Littlefinger and he tells her these lies that they still have Arya and that he tried to help Ned.

I mean, if you want the show to follow the book and get rid of moments like that, then so be it. But, to me, this is exactly what defines an adaptation, and I think they're doing really well with it.
I'm not mad, just a little disappointed now that i'm pretty sure that i might have missed a lot of details from the first book. In my opinion the books are amazing and honestly i don't even really watch the show anymore, i would really recommend them.
edit-obviously not to you since you read it. 

Back
Top Bottom