HBO's The Night Of

the only thing that keeps bothering me about the show is the lack of detail when it comes to Nas and Omar... 

Omar protecting Nas in exchange for intelligent conversation yet all them ****** ever doing is some jailbird ****... 

all the time being spent on Stone's feet could be spent on Nas and Omar's relationship and the transition of Nas into a goon

I'm still enjoying the show
Some of y'all too critical

I don't hate it but I've come to the realization there isn't gonna be some crazy moment where we find out who committed the murder. I'm almost certain it wasn't Naz but I think he'll get convicted. I think th show is gonna end up about how they turned Naz into a criminal by throwing him in jail. Omar and that other dude both told him they'll make a proper convict out of him. I think that's exactly what's happening. He'll get convicted and I don't think he'll mind by the time that happens.

the only thing that keeps bothering me about the show is the lack of detail when it comes to Nas and Omar... 

Omar protecting Nas in exchange for intelligent conversation yet all them ****** ever doing is some jailbird ****... 

all the time being spent on Stone's feet could be spent on Nas and Omar's relationship and the transition of Nas into a goon
That was a lie.

Freddy obviously just wants to corrupt Naz. There's probably some payoff we'll see in ep 8. He's been buttering him up for 6 eps and he'll flip it on Naz in the end.

That was a lie.

Freddy obviously just wants to corrupt Naz. There's probably some payoff we'll see in ep 8. He's been buttering him up for 6 eps and he'll flip it on Naz in the end.
could very well be a lie... but they could have at least made a better effort to develop that part of the story is all I'm saying... 

it feels rushed, whereas the rest of the show is taking its time 

like I mentioned in the post, they even taking their time with Stone's feet of all things

I love this mini-series, but 8 episodes isn't enough. Too much to try to cram in in such a short period of time. This is what's leading to a lot of the inconsistencies some of yall are pointing out.

That was a lie.

could very well be a lie... but they could have at least made a better effort to develop that part of the story is all I'm saying... 

it feels rushed, whereas the rest of the show is taking its time 

like I mentioned in the post, they even taking their time with Stone's feet of all things
It's kinda from Naz's perspective so I can see why they didn't hint more at it.

It's only 8 eps so Naz's degradation in to the life of a convict/criminal was gonna be rushed. 1st 2 eps had to be him being a deer in headlights, then learning a hard lesson on who to trust, then the turn to the dark side.

I wonder what the complete time-frame is? From the crime to the actual trial....

*edit*

1z1ea8z.png

Last edited:
I wonder what the complete time-frame is? From the crime to the actual trial....

*edit*

1z1ea8z.png
Fam you won

Chandra is very far from 'ugly' work

Yall gotta in be supermodel box daily to think otherwise 
laugh.gif

@Master Zik  you get it man 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Chandra :pimp:

And yea this show screwed up, not enough episodes or they either moved too slow. Tryna build like we getting multiple seasons or something.

Last edited:

It's only 8 eps so Naz's degradation in to the life of a convict/criminal was gonna be rushed. 1st 2 eps had to be him being a deer in headlights, then learning a hard lesson on who to trust, then the turn to the dark side.
I hear you... I guess I just keep harping on Stone's feet having it's own story, wasting time that could have been used for other **** 

feel like the Omar and Nas manipulation game deserved more

also... the 1st two eps weren't rushed at all (took both eps before 48 hours had even passed, if i'm not mistaken) ... they took their time with the process, and it's what I really like about the show.... so I expected most of it to go that route, maybe in an ep or two they'd do a big jump in time to make up for it... 

Chicken tika messala NOW THAT is flavor. Shandra= bland, ohio style mexican food.

Last edited:

I hear you... I guess I just keep harping on Stone's feet having it's own story, wasting time that could have been used for other **** 

feel like the Omar and Nas manipulation game deserved more

also... the 1st two eps weren't rushed at all (took both eps before 48 hours had even passed, if i'm not mistaken) ... they took their time with the process, and it's what I really like about the show.... so I expected most of it to go that route, maybe in an ep or two they'd do a big jump in time to make up for it... 
I don't really knock anybody puzzled by the feet but it don't bother me and I just try to have fun with it.

I'd be lying if I said I understood the why though. Best I could figure is they needed to flesh out Stone in a certain way since he's like the main character in the outside investigating the case. So they show he has a son but they don't want to get too deep in that relationship, he's divorced and alone but they don't want to get too deep in his relationships/love life, so they gave him this feet problem that literally is the center of his life. If he didn't have the feet problem he'd probably would've solved the case by now and they ain't want that so they padded it out. In sure in the end they may say it had some meaning but I doubt it'll mean much to the main plot.

Naz time in Rulers probably deserved more screen time in place of most of the feet stuff but maybe they thought they wrote/covered enough.

Back
Top Bottom