HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by MHT214

Very nice mondayC, i think that player has a LAN line, just make sure to do any firmware updates that it may need...
It has the LAN connection, but updates on a USB flash drive very easily. The quality of the player is great, whether it's upscaling DVD orblu-ray/HD-DVD. I highly recommend anyone in the market to go to Best Buy or Circuit City and get the last ones before they're gone. If you already have aplayer, buy it and sell it on ebay. A broken one just sold for $150.

As for sound, home theater in a box is still better than TV speakers, but still garbage. The cabinets are usually poorly constructed with thin wood (if it evenis wood) and little to no bracing. Tweeter and woofer usually don't belong together and the crossover is usually a 1st or 2nd order that rarely fits thedrivers. It might sound alright without listening to some really nice speakers, but once you hear nice speakers your set might sound like tin can garbage.
And bose= overpriced htib=overpriced junk. Faux technology and marketing FTL.

Originally Posted by abstrack

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Took me 2.5 hours, but I got it done
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Good job getting that on the wall, but I hate to see wires coming down from a TV on the wall.

If you own your spot put two small holes in the wall & fish that wire through the wall.

Hell even if you don't own the spot put the holes in the wall & when it's time to move fill the holes in, sand it down & paint over it.

I have wires exposed too...when you gotta add extra stuff it becomes a hassle if you put wires in the wall IMO. I had to use one HDMI for everything when mywires were in the wall or keep making holes and then the paint wouldn't match
frown.gif

TO: 4wrestling

Nice job first off. i see you decided to mount to lower than first planned. Just get something to cover those holes up you should be fine. Use the old, typingpaper method, it works ive done it myself. ALSO, DO NOT PLACE THAT POWER CORD BEHIND THE WALL. Unless, you intend on doing it with the right materials, it isAGAINST LAW/CODE to put a power cord behind the wall. It automatically voids your home owners insurance. So if you do, do it right. HDMI's are cool though.

TO: nealraj006

$1920 for that TV is not bad. Although, ive moved on from DLP, i still feel it is a great inexpenisve TV. The series 7 DLP from samsung is nice, you also mightwant to check this one out though:

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...uct&cp=1&id=1205538040691

This Mitsu' is just as good if not better. Mitsu's video processing is awesome. Mitsubishi in my opinion is still the best in rear projectiontechnology.

TO: mondayC

They are actually faster through a LAN line, but whatever works for you....

it kinda lacks in the midrange imo

but in that price range that setup will yield the most output...i'd get it a beginner surround sound system

get some stands for the rears and you'll enjoy them

i wouldn't spend $399.99 on those speakers. There are plenty of HTIB's that are comprable in price yet will be more effective for your beginning HTsystem. And that THX certification on those Logitech's is a bunch of marketing......a real THX sound system is like $5-10K MINIMUM....

I'd spend $150+ tax on them tops. I will admit though, that system is bangin for what it is, i friend of mine has it hooked up to his PC....

Originally Posted by mondayC

Chart on 1080p benefits

Also, I got the BH200 for $190 and then a $75 rebate is on the way. I just bought 8 HD-DVDs for $50. Dead formats FTW.
i love this player. ive bought 2 in the last few months. it only took about a week to get my $75 checks from LG. i highly recommend this playerunless you REALLY need to have BD-Live.
Region Free blu-ray player
pimp.gif

calibrate.jpg

Apparently professional TV calibration is a raw deal, because it appears Best Buy has to trick customers into paying for it.

To advertise calibration services, Best Buy stacked a supposedly calibrated TV on top of an identical television that wasn't calibrated. And Best Buy exaggerated the benefits of calibration by using a lower-quality component cable for the bottom television and a higher quality HDMI cable for the TV above, according to a Consumerist reader who says he spotted the trick.

"This disturbed me a bit because nowhere on the display did it mention this fact," said the tipster, in a letter to the Consumerist. "The average consumer would look at the display, see the TVs and think that the only difference between the TVs was the calibration."

This story shortly follows a consumer report from November -- also related to Best Buy's calibration services. In that incident, a customer said Best Buy put two TVs side by side -- and the "non-calibrated" TV showed a standard-definition ESPN while the other was set on the high-definition version of the channel.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

home theater in box=trash
You dont know what you're talking about...

You get what you pay for. Not everyone can spend a G on home Audio equipment... a Yamaha HTIB that has a Yamaha reciever for $350 is
pimp.gif

EDIT:

This is BS too btw.

calibrate.jpg

Apparently professional TV calibration is a raw deal, because it appears Best Buy has to trick customers into paying for it.

To advertise calibration services, Best Buy stacked a supposedly calibrated TV on top of an identical television that wasn't calibrated. And Best Buy exaggerated the benefits of calibration by using a lower-quality component cable for the bottom television and a higher quality HDMI cable for the TV above, according to a Consumerist reader who says he spotted the trick.

"This disturbed me a bit because nowhere on the display did it mention this fact," said the tipster, in a letter to the Consumerist. "The average consumer would look at the display, see the TVs and think that the only difference between the TVs was the calibration."

This story shortly follows a consumer report from November -- also related to Best Buy's calibration services. In that incident, a customer said Best Buy put two TVs side by side -- and the "non-calibrated" TV showed a standard-definition ESPN while the other was set on the high-definition version of the channel.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

home theater in box=trash
You dont know what you're talking about...

You get what you pay for. Not everyone can spend a G on home Audio equipment... a Yamaha HTIB that has a Yamaha reciever for $350 is
pimp.gif
yamaha is
pimp.gif

most htibs are medicore with the exception of yamaha and onkyo stuff

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

Chart on 1080p benefits

Also, I got the BH200 for $190 and then a $75 rebate is on the way. I just bought 8 HD-DVDs for $50. Dead formats FTW.
i love this player. ive bought 2 in the last few months. it only took about a week to get my $75 checks from LG. i highly recommend this player unless you REALLY need to have BD-Live.
pimp.gif

that player isn't capable of decoding the new audio formats: Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio.

even the PS3 has that capability. granted, it doesn't bitstream either of those, but it can still output Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio in linear PCM.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Chart on 1080p benefits

i love this player. ive bought 2 in the last few months. it only took about a week to get my $75 checks from LG. i highly recommend this player unless you REALLY need to have BD-Live.
pimp.gif

that player isn't capable of decoding the new audio formats: Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio.

even the PS3 has that capability. granted, it doesn't bitstream either of those, but it can still output Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio in linear PCM.
wrong, this player bitsreams both DTS MA and TrueHD.

4wrestling
pimp.gif
set up is nice man. If I were you...I'd get rid of the wires...and get a better looking stand to hold your somponets...you can get a nicecheap joint on amazon or bby.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Chart on 1080p benefits

pimp.gif

wrong, this player bitsreams both DTS MA and TrueHD.

if that's true, then i stand corrected...i wasn't able to find that on any of the spec pages i looked at, though.

is sceptre a good brand? theres this deal going on at costco 46" for 699.99 iono if i should hop on it im kinda ehh on the brand i got a vizio right now ijust need a bigger tv thats 1080p for my xbox 360 should i cop?

Back
Top Bottom