Heading to a job fair what should i expect ?

Never been to one , all i know is to dress professionally and bring plenty or resumes . Has anyone ever landed a job on the spot ? Any tips at all on getting the most out of meeting these people face to face ?

Never been to one , all i know is to dress professionally and bring plenty or resumes . Has anyone ever landed a job on the spot ? Any tips at all on getting the most out of meeting these people face to face ?

Job fairs are a thing of the past. I've been to a few recently just walking by since it was at my school at it turned out to be a bunch of lame institutions and organizations that don't really offer much in the way of solid experience.

Your best bet would be to check with your career adviser at school see if there are any internships open. Those are more lucrative in the sense that you'll gain way better experience.

Job fairs are a thing of the past. I've been to a few recently just walking by since it was at my school at it turned out to be a bunch of lame institutions and organizations that don't really offer much in the way of solid experience.

Your best bet would be to check with your career adviser at school see if there are any internships open. Those are more lucrative in the sense that you'll gain way better experience.

Job fairs are the biggest wastes of time. Go and they tell you to apply online.

You're better off using Twitter and following a bunch of career advisors from different schools as well as corporations. They post job listings and internships almost every day if you follow the right people.

You're better off using Twitter and following a bunch of career advisors from different schools as well as corporations. They post job listings and internships almost every day if you follow the right people.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom