Health woes forcing Paxson's decision on quitting

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JStar25

After last night I was hoping this thread would have been titled "Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro Resigns."

I don't care what is going on in the world... last offensive possession of a tight game Derrick should be on the court not Thabo!
wait that seriously happened? thats a coaching mistake right there. as for this news, he better get Amare before he goes

Originally Posted by AirWing03

Originally Posted by JStar25

After last night I was hoping this thread would have been titled "Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro Resigns."

I don't care what is going on in the world... last offensive possession of a tight game Derrick should be on the court not Thabo!
wait that seriously happened? thats a coaching mistake right there. as for this news, he better get Amare before he goes

That's a combo of both as to what happened last nite. Coach and player
smh.gif

ESPN.com news services

Is John Paxson resigning from the Chicago Bulls?

Maybe.

New York Post writer Peter Vescey on Friday speculated that Paxson may leave the Bulls shortly after the NBA trade deadline on Feb. 19. His story began with: "Do I know this to be fact? No" and cited "two people in the know."

Later, the Chicago Sun-Times, in an unbylined report on its Web site, confirmed the story, crediting Vecsey with breaking it.

Shortly after that, the Bulls released a statement from owner Jerry Reinsdorf which said: "Pete Vecsey is not a credible enough source to comment on. Two weeks ago he had John being fired. Now he has him resigning."

Later Friday, the Chicago Tribune reported that Paxson "is strongly considering resigning as Bulls general manager, likely at the end of the season." The paper said that Paxson has talked about his wishes with Reinsdorf, who has tried to persuade him to stay.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Just saw this, these are the picks Paxson has had since being named GM...this can't be right can it?
nono.gif

2008 - 1st pick
2007 - 9th pick
2006 - 2nd pick, 4th pick, 13th pick, 16th pick (traded)
2005 - 21st pick (traded)
2004 - 3rd pick, 7th pick
2003 - 7th pick
2008 - Rose
2007 - Noah
2006 - Thomas and Sefolosha
2005 - No one
2004 - Gordon and Deng
2003 - Hinrich

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I mean... those are not bad....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Just saw this, these are the picks Paxson has had since being named GM...this can't be right can it?
nono.gif

2008 - 1st pick
2007 - 9th pick
2003 - 7th pick
2008 - Rose
2007 - Noah
2005 - No one
2004 - Gordon and Deng
2003 - Hinrich

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

ohwell.gif

they really werent, its just that hindsight is 20/20. i dont think people are mad with the draft picks, i think most us bulls fans are mad about the trades andsignings that did and didnt take place (Wallace, KG, Kobe)

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

nono.gif

2008 - 1st pick
2007 - 9th pick
2003 - 7th pick
2008 - Rose
2007 - Noah
2005 - No one
2004 - Gordon and Deng
2003 - Hinrich

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

ohwell.gif

they really werent, its just that hindsight is 20/20. i dont think people are mad with the draft picks, i think most us bulls fans are mad about the trades and signings that did and didnt take place (Wallace, KG, Kobe)

Yup. Thats what it all boils down too, giving Wallets 80 was extremely poor decision making as well
smh.gif

listening to The Score right now...apparently Pax ran into the locker room and screamed "we are the worst !*%**%% team in the league"

Originally Posted by ES300

listening to The Score right now...apparently Pax ran into the locker room and screamed "we are the worst !*%**%% team in the league"

Damn Pax, i hope this isnt true. If so, dude has offically lost it

Wow bro... I mean are we really?!?!?!?! I'll give you the fact that we have the worst coach in the league, but worst team???? I can't quite co-signthat G
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Wow bro... I mean are we really?!?!?!?! I'll give you the fact that we have the worst coach in the league, but worst team???? I can't quite co-sign that G
embarassed.gif

Thats what i'm saying, i know we have been upsetting but for him to say that we are the worst team is a bit much. If this is true i think he may have justlost the confidence of the team. And the Del Negro move was one of the worst decisions hes ever made. But naw Seymore i wasnt agreeing with Pax at all, i thinkwe can make the playoffs probably as the 7 or 8 seed, but make it nonetheless

Oh naah Mause I wasn't insinuating that you agreed. It was more so directed directly at his comments. Like Wow that crazy as hell to hear him out of allpeople say that in the locker room with his players
smh.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif
Pax

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Oh naah Mause I wasn't insinuating that you agreed. It was more so directed directly at his comments. Like Wow that crazy as hell to hear him out of all people say that in the locker room with his players
smh.gif
tired.gif

LOL. But yea man i think if Pax said that he just lost all trust and confidence in his team and he needs to go. Of all people your GM says this and hes theperson who brought in every single player and coach on the team. Pax i like some of the moves you made but you are totally out of line on this. I think hesgoing to sell the team to get Amare and then be on his way. And then watch Amare not even re-sign with us SMFH

i dont think he's done a terrible job. i mean look, at least he did better then isiah
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but honestly, if he can land amare without giving the whole frontcourt, he'll be a great GM in my books.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

We made the playoffs all but two years he was GM

Got rid of Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry....dude is good in my book

More than half the NBA makes the playoffs.
eyes.gif
Including this year, theyonly made the playoffs 3 out of his 6 years, losing in the 1st round twice and in the 2nd round.

And you know you're a terrible GM when your best moves are getting rid of players to Zeke, who at least has a better eye for draft talent, by the way.

Let's just be thankful Pooh is from Chicago or else he may have taken love...

After yesterday loss I'm still angry and hung over.
Im not really sure if I want Pax gone. I really want Vinnie gone, I mean we could've had Carlisle, Collins, D'antoni,..........Hell if Charlotte gotBrown we could've probably got him too.
Pax really messed up by not pulling the trigger on that Kobe trade, that $#it had a ripple effect that just destroyed our franchise.
All in all he did some good things, and he did some bad things.........................but one thing is for sure..................

HE IS A HELLUVA LOT BETTER THAN KRAUSE

You know Krause put together the dynasty teams of the 90's right?

Yes, Krause botched the years after though.

Paxson isn't gone yet, and if he does , he'll wait until the season is over. And I totally agree on the horrid draft picks..........totally stupid inthe sense.....and the whole Wallace fiasco.....ughhhh

Originally Posted by arstyle27

You know Krause put together the dynasty teams of the 90's right?

Yes, Krause botched the years after though. .

C'mon fam.
The Bulls dynasty was a no brainer for Krumbs, or anyone else for that matter when you had Mike in his prime.
He never really made any good deals besides Pip and Rodman.
He singlehandedly dismantled a dynasty to satisfy his own ego.

He added all the minor pieces that together constituted the greatest basketball team ever. Horace Grant, trading for Cartwright, adding shooters like BobbyHenson, Craig Hodges, and Steve Kerr, role players like Jason Caffey, Stacey King, and Ron Harper. Yes he had the greatest player in the world leading theteam, but Jerry Krause built that team man....let's not discredit that fat bastard.

Back
Top Bottom