Heat Vs Pacers East Semi-Finals. Good Series Folks, Now Time To Destroy Boston.

You cant say a team is trash and they arent even a top 5 team in the playoffs if you havent seen them play. How dumb does that sound bruh? I know why you probably think they are trash. You rely on ESPN too much

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

All I know is..
Lebron better not let these weak Pacers knock em out.

Jordan only had Pippen for the most part..

Lebron got Wade. No excuses. Unless Wade is really hurt.

And to you Indiana fans.. You guys shouldnt even be hyped.

Series aint over. Especially with that simp Grainger guarding Lebron.

let's not act like kukoc and horace grant weren't pretty damn good shooters and played their roles to perfection ... but we don't need to compare lebron to jordan ... no need 
it's still a team game ... u need the right supporting cast ... w/ that being said ... miami's supporting cast sucks but when the heat have needed bron and or wade to step up ... they haven't so far in this series ... 

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

All I know is..

let's not act like kukoc and horace grant weren't pretty damn good shooters and played their roles to perfection ... but we don't need to compare lebron to jordan ... no need 
it's still a team game ... u need the right supporting cast ... w/ that being said ... miami's supporting cast sucks but when the heat have needed bron and or wade to step up ... they haven't so far in this series ... 

...and Bill Cartwright...John Paxson...BJ Armstrong...Steve Kerr...Ron Harper...Dennis Rodman...
Both Bulls' repeats had SOLID teams.

The Heat's supporting cast does not suck. I am a Miami fan and I hate hearing that excuse. Miller, Battier, Haslem, Chalmers are all great role players. But the problem is everyone of them besides Chalmers have disappeared on offense. They're all getting open looks, but converting on very low percentages. Also James Jones is an incredible shooter but NEVER gets enough shots to get in rhythm. Say what you want about Joel Anthony, but he's a guy every team wants- hustle, defense, sacrificing his body, etc. He's just undersized and non-existent on offense. A huge lingering problem is our lack of depth at the 4/5.

I've watched 90% of the Heat games this year. But yesterday was only the second time I had to turn the TV off (first was when we went into OT with Chicago towards the end of the season). What I learned yesterday was that Spoelstra does not have control of this team. I've seen him make adjustments since the Big 3 happened that made me earn respect for him, no doubt he is one of the better coaches in the league. But when your team forgets how to execute, that's on you. Everytime I see Lebron or Wade come out to the top of the key, pounding the ball 10 times on the ground then wait for a Joel Anthony p&r 5 feet above the 3-point line, it kills me. It's street ball- championship teams do not play this way. I'm not going to blow the Spo-Wade situation from yesterday out of the water, but everyone knows damn well Wade would never step up to Riley like that. Last year Riley handed Spo the keys to a formula-1 car, when he's only capable of driving a stick shift. I've been saying that since the beginning, but I still respect Spo because he has incredible knowledge of the game and is very dedicated to the Heat organization but Wade and Lebron don't deep down respect the guy as a coach. I'm not saying that's Spo's fault, but it is his problem. If we lose this series, Pat Riley should not even hesitate to come down and coach. He gave Spo his opportunities and has had a lot of patience with the guy, but time is running out while other team continue to get better and better.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Say that again.

Norris Cole faded into Bolivian after that great game he had against the Celtics earlier in the season.

Wow I forgot that dude completely. He was getting hyped crazy.

The way the Heat are looking. Even if they get pass the Pacers, how much of a chance would they even have against the Celtics? KG fresh out of Lazarus' Pit. 

That's why you don't declare ROY winners after a month
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

The Heat's supporting cast does not suck. I am a Miami fan and I hate hearing that excuse. Miller, Battier, Haslem, Chalmers, Wade, Bosh are all great role players. But the problem is everyone of them besides Chalmers have disappeared on offense. They're all getting open looks, but converting on very low percentages. Also James Jones is an incredible shooter but NEVER gets enough shots to get in rhythm. Say what you want about Joel Anthony, but he's a guy every team wants- hustle, defense, sacrificing his body, etc. He's just undersized and non-existent on offense. A huge lingering problem is our lack of depth at the 4/5.

I've watched 90% of the Heat games this year. But yesterday was only the second time I had to turn the TV off (first was when we went into OT with Chicago towards the end of the season). What I learned yesterday was that Spoelstra does not have control of this team. I've seen him make adjustments since the Big 3 happened that made me earn respect for him, no doubt he is one of the better coaches in the league. But when your team forgets how to execute, that's on you. Everytime I see Lebron or Wade come out to the top of the key, pounding the ball 10 times on the ground then wait for a Joel Anthony p&r 5 feet above the 3-point line, it kills me. It's street ball- championship teams do not play this way. I'm not going to blow the Spo-Wade situation from yesterday out of the water, but everyone knows damn well Wade would never step up to Riley like that. Last year Riley handed Spo the keys to a formula-1 car, when he's only capable of driving a stick shift. I've been saying that since the beginning, but I still respect Spo because he has incredible knowledge of the game and is very dedicated to the Heat organization but Wade and Lebron don't deep down respect the guy as a coach. I'm not saying that's Spo's fault, but it is his problem. If we lose this series, Pat Riley should not even hesitate to come down and coach. He gave Spo his opportunities and has had a lot of patience with the guy, but time is running out while other team continue to get better and better.
FIXED

Lebron just has to find his spots to dominate. Cant have this guy defending West or Granger too much imo.

I say you have to hide Lebron defensively until its clutch time.

Its pointless to tell this guy he cannot get tired playing 43 intense minutes.

Not a fan of the Heat at all but Heat will win in 7!!!

I'm looking at the nba in a way I never did!!

$$$$$$$$!!!! If you know what I mean....

Originally Posted by bballkid11

As soon as I read this I knew $ was involved 
laugh.gif

Just because you have money riding on a series/game doesn't mean the team you want to win will actually win. You sound like an irresponsible gambler. That's worse than being a gambler in the first place.

EDIT: I just realized that you had money on the favorite
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CreekShow

You cant say a team is trash and they arent even a top 5 team in the playoffs if you havent seen them play. How dumb does that sound bruh? I know why you probably think they are trash. You rely on ESPN too much
I never said I havent seen them play.
I said I havent seen them play a BUNCH of games.

Im still waiting on you to tell me how many games I have to watch so I can form an opinion.

Like do I have to be a season ticket holder? 

Or is there some arbitrary number of Pacers game that I have to watch before Im allowed to comment?

Let me kno.. I will wait.

Originally Posted by CreekShow

I never said I havent seen them play.
I said I havent seen them play a BUNCH of games.

Im still waiting on you to tell me how many games I have to watch so I can form an opinion.

Like do I have to be a season ticket holder? 

Or is there some arbitrary number of Pacers game that I have to watch before Im allowed to comment?

Let me kno.. I will wait.
Ok well what makes them trash?

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

All I know is..

...and Bill Cartwright...John Paxson...BJ Armstrong...Steve Kerr...Ron Harper...Dennis Rodman...

Im not even talking about winning a ring.. Im talking about getting booted from the 2nd round.

Ok ok.. Jordan had solid teams. And I agree.. Its a team game.
But how good does a team with Lebron and Wade need to be.. In order to defeat the Pacers?

Im not even talking about winning a ring.. Im talking about getting booted from the 2nd round.

But how good does a team with Lebron and Wade need to be.. In order to defeat the Pacers?
Im not saying the Pacers are going to win, but great players =/= a great team.  Obviously it hasnt paid dividends twice, we'll see how the rest of the series plays out...
but you said the Pacers were garbage...what makes them garbage?

Originally Posted by solarius49

Im not saying the Pacers are going to win, but great players =/= a great team.  Obviously it hasnt paid dividends twice, we'll see how the rest of the series plays out...
I said they were weak. Not garbage or trash.
Reality is.. They are a decent squad..

But I'm a Heat supporter.. What do you want me to say?

Originally Posted by solarius49

I said they were weak. Not garbage or trash.
Reality is.. They are a decent squad..

But I'm a Heat supporter.. What do you want me to say?
Be objective, its not like the Heat went undefeated this year.  Im not a Heat fan at all, but I can tell you objectively that they're a good team.  The Lebron and Wade formula isnt an instant trip to a championship (remember last year?).  Either way, whether the Pacers win or lose, its a great series

Basically if Lebron makes those free throws in the game 2 and Wade is anywhere like his normal self in game 3 The Heat should be up 3-0. Its really not the supporting cast that is letting them down because they've done that all season and theres only so much salary cap room left after you sign Lebron, Wade and Bosh. The roster is good enough win championships they just need all the guys to play like they are capable of. Also it would help if Pat Riley was on the bench.

A lot of casual Heat fans are hopefully realizing what Bosh meant to the Heat offense with spacing. He gave Wade a lot of room to breathe. The Pacers don't have enough firepower to contend with the Heat long term but it's been a fun series to watch. Pacers are bringing back 90s style physicality. I like that. 

I can't stand Chalmers, that inconsistent bastard. OF @#$$$*# COURSE he has a game like this when they get blown away by 20. But in game 2 when they were beaten by 3 and they needed just a couple of buckets from a third guy, he had to be the worst player on the court from either team. If he had just made a couple of more shots instead of going 2-10 then, they would be up 2-1.

Heat players switching between themselves about who is going to take the night off and who is going to show up and play is not going to cut it, with and especially without Bosh.

I was cleaning up my dvr deleting some recordings & before I deleted games 2 & 3 I watched some more of each. It's clear wade has something wrong with the lower leg(s) & it's throwing off his jump shot along with his ability to create open shots for himself (& get to the hole). Looks like haslem is playing hurt also. Most likely the reason why they canceled practice. No media as well as rest physically/mentally. These marque players should proly invest in a hyperbaric chamber if they haven't already...

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by bballkid11

As soon as I read this I knew $ was involved 
laugh.gif

Just because you have money riding on a series/game doesn't mean the team you want to win will actually win. You sound like an irresponsible gambler. That's worse than being a gambler in the first place.

EDIT: I just realized that you had money on the favorite
laugh.gif

Dude you must have not got my post or I didn't write it clear... LolI don't even gamble!! I meant I'm looking at the nba as a businesses more and more now and they are all about making their money !! These series will go 6-7 games to extend the playoffs and make more money!! That's the way I see it... Im not suggesting the league is fixed or nothing but I do believe they favor a team in certain games and situation.... Could be wrong but that's what I see....

The disrespect the Pacers get is ridiculous. All this talk about the Heat and nobody still says a damn word about how good of a team the Pacers are. They have a better TEAM top to bottom by leaps and bounds over the Heat. The Pacers honestly have one of the best starting fives in basketball, along with maybe the top point guard tandem in the league and one of the best front court depths in the league. They play awesome defense starting with their anchor in their All-Star center, a great coach that every single player believes in and one of the best wing tandems in the league as well with Granger and George who match up with Bron and Wade as good as anyone in the league. Regardless of the impact you guys think Bosh would have made, the guy was playing terrible in Game 1 before he got hurt and I said from the start that the Pacers physical front court would eat him alive. This was the worst possible matchup the Heat could have drawn.

Back
Top Bottom