Hedo Turkoglu unnapreciation vol. benched for faking stomach flu

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Hedo > Raptors, though.
grin.gif

Hedo=Raptors

they both have division championships
nerd.gif

I can't stand hedo...in orlando he thought he was lebron with how much he dominated the ball. He's a player who thinks he's better then he is.

You know dude doesn't want to play there, who fakes a stomach flu? Someone who doesn't care about the team, that's who.

All he saw was $$$$$ when he signed.

Apparently this story is true...
http://www.thestar.com/sp...glu-sits-as-raptors-wilt

Doug Smith is one of the biggest Raptors a.ss-kissers out there so when he reports something negative about the Raptors then you get a sense its pretty accurate.

I was against this signing from day 1 but idiot a.ss Colangelo had to do it in order for the Craptors to be somewhat competitive this season in order to convince Bosh to stick around. Now that the team is on the verge of missing the playoffs/getting destroyed in the 1st round, Bosh is 99% leaving and the Raptors will be on the hook paying Hedo for 4 more years. I believe that they can trade Hedo but they'll have to take back players that match Hedo's $11 mill/yr and probably aren't as good as him.

Hedo is a freakin' idiot though. Dude has been complaining all season about not getting enough touches...what did he expect signing with a team that has a 1st overall pick, maybe the best PF in the league, 2 natural PGs and a newly drafted 1st round SG? He has not been committed to the team from day 1. He came into training camp out of shape and claimed that he was fatigued due to the long season with the Magic. How you gonna be claiming fatigue after almost 3 months off? I'm not surprised at all that this signing has been terrible for the Craptors but Hedo deserves most of the blame for pretty much slacking off for most of the season.

What the Raptors need to do is either fire Colangelo or let his contract expire and bring in another GM with a proven track record. Sign and trade Bosh, try to trade Hedo and either Jack or Calderon. Keep Bargnani and DeRozan around with either Jack/Calderon and bring in a PF, SF and some more depth players. Also fire Triano and bring in a coach with experience. The last time we had an experienced coach was Lenny Wilkens and that was like 8 years ago. Next season might not be pretty but it'll give Bargani and DeRozan a chance to further develop and we should have some draft picks to play around with in 2011 (dumba.ss Colangelo traded away our 2008 and 2010 1st round picks
indifferent.gif
).

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

laugh.gif
at the Raptors. Vince did the EXACT same thing when he was there too, stayed home from a road trip because of ankle injury and was on stage dancing with Nelly at the concert while the Raptors were getting their backs blown out by Atlanta.
eek.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

I can't stand hedo...in orlando he thought he was lebron with how much he dominated the ball. He's a player who thinks he's better then he is.

QFT

it's not that he is really bad either.  I mean, he's got smarts, and has made some amazing passes.  That is really all he is though is a tall guy with a good pass game...and the raps don't even utilize that.  
He worked well with dwight because dwight relies on a good interior passer to get him the ball, After dwight has already established position and sealed his man, etc etc.
But with a dude like bosh who is an iso post player, bosh creates his own shot, rendering hedo sort of...ineffective.
So then hedo starts trying to be a scorer but he's so unathletic and sloppy it's a wonder he manages to drive to the hoop and finish at all.  Top it all off i swear the guy is a stoner or something.  His level of energy is comparable to a dude in a coma.
He was signed by colangelo just to make it look like colangelo was doing SOMETHING, but he was signed for his name and the idea of him without actually taking a serious look at how he would fit in with the raps.  I'm sick of watchin raps games, they just suck so bad.  They need some damn backbone.  A coach like byron scott would help them, swear.  They'll need a whole new team tho when bosh jumps ship.

This guy has lost his love for the game, like Vince did, or is the biggest baby of all time. Just cause you dont like your team doesnt mean you dont play. When you start faking injuries to not play the game you're supposed to love, you dont love it anymore. Plus you're getting paid all that money to do it, maybe he'll make it back next year but yea, he's lost it, that competitiveness.

Damn Hedo, I really thought he was going to make the Raptors a problem in the east, and Im especially glad the Blazers didnt land him, he needs that big city glam to keep him motivated.

So Raptors fans out there. Who is the leader on the team? Like I hear Bosh once in awhile complain to the media that the team needs to toughen up, but does he talk to his teammates behind closed doors? Hedo might have the most experience, but he certainly isn't the best player on the team so he can't do that crap without getting some harsh words from his teammates.

LOL @ Jarret Jack not knowing what was going on when asked by reporters about Hedo...

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

This guy has lost his love for the game, like Vince did, or is the biggest baby of all time. Just cause you dont like your team doesnt mean you dont play. When you start faking injuries to not play the game you're supposed to love, you dont love it anymore. Plus you're getting paid all that money to do it, maybe he'll make it back next year but yea, he's lost it, that competitiveness.
its a shame really...what is it with toronto though?

its not fair to their fans

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Damn Hedo, I really thought he was going to make the Raptors a problem in the east, and Im especially glad the Blazers didnt land him, he needs that big city glam to keep him motivated.
This isn't true. This is the same guy that has played in Sacremento and San Antonio and he played hard for them. Toronto is a bigger city than Orlando and the Raptors have more fans than the Magic. This is the same guy that was considering signing with Portland. At the end of the day it looks like a classic case of a player being motivated in a contract year, getting that huge contract, and then taking it easy.

One can argue that Hedo lost his motivation because he hasn't really fit in and the team stinks but my argument is that Hedo hasn't been that motivated since day 1. The guy showed up to training camp in Shaq mode and told the team he wasn't ready to play. When the regular season started, this guy kept on saying he need more time before he'd be in game shape. His mind hasn't been there from the jump.

toronto isn't a big city?

could have fooled me. i'd rather play in toronto than half of the cities in the NBA

Originally Posted by DubA169

could have fooled me. i'd rather play in toronto than half of the cities in the NBA
Thats right. There is actually only 3 cities in the NBA that are bigger

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

shoulda stayed with my magic for a lot less money to win a ring

Nah. Money > ring. Ring ain't gonna feed your kids.. word to Latrell Sprewell.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Originally Posted by DubA169

Thats right. There is actually only 3 cities in the NBA that are bigger

But you've gotta multiply its awesomeness by a factor of .3 just for being in Canada. That said, it has nothing to do with Toronto as a city but crap mismanagement from the top on down.

Back
Top Bottom