Help, Air jordan 3 Retro '88 Legit Check

My friend and I in Los Angeles ordered these from a website in Austin, Texas. can you guys please help us out. We are leaning towards these being B-grades. He's been in the game forever and we'd like your opinions.

based on the pictures, they look good to me

the only thing that's throwing me off is the production dates

the dates on all the pairs that i own ranges from 09/12 to 12/12

ex. two pairs that i have are dated 09/12/12 and 12/13/12

to me they look legit, but just to be sure we may need additional opinions from others

update: just took a look at the official forum and others have the same production dates as your pair.  As stated before I'm leaning towards legit because I don't see anything odd or different when comparing your pairs to mine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Takumi. The stitching looked different from my eastbay pair as well as the perforations and small things
I'm still on the fence

now that you mentioned the stitching, after looking carefully at the 5th picture, the diagonal stitching that runs from the beginning of the sock liner down to the elephant print is not uniform with the rest of the stitching on the upper.  The entire stitching on the upper should be consistent with distance between each stitch. The inner stitching bordering the red eyelets is poorly sewn on and should be sewn with a clean trapezoid shape the parallels the stitching that borders the tongue/upper.

Heck, the pair I got from FNL looked like B grades when I got them! Plus they don't fit like any other size 10 Js I got...

they are legit. But what makes them B grade to you? Its Jordan Brand, many of there shoes are B grade quality.

Like a guy up there said, pairs they order came pretty messed up with bad paint jobs on the nike air, creased leather, inconsistent elephant print.

i got some pairs with the same production dates. no worries. i have pairs as early as 11/13/12 from eastbay

Last edited:
Cash money, idk I compared them to a nike.com pair and the stitching was different, just looked messier upon closer inspection and it came with the laces tied a the way up where the black things are. And it has these little holes on the tongue where the leather and red meetView media item 272228

I know this is going to sound weird but did anyone's else feel like they where in the factory when they opened they box the smell of glue hit me hard and did anyone else have problems on there elephant print my friends has some

Those are legit, pretty much all Jordans are B-Grades from a quality standpoint. Its been like that from the beginning.

The smell of glue isnt a good sign .A lot of replicas have that crazy glue smell but...  I cant see any major issues with the shoes.where did you get them from?

Well I ordered 2 pair from FinishLine and when I opened both pairs the first thing I said to my girl was it smelled like fingernail polish. And that ***** was STRONG! I let them sit out the box for a bit to air out but they still have that smell. All my others that have come from retailers have a glue smell, SOME do have that good new shoe smell though :]

Anyways they look legit. Quality control on Jordans now is a bit off so I dont think you have anything to worry about really. Im 95% sure you got an authentic pair. Give me about 2 hours and ill post pics of mine and you can compare (from FinishLine)

if you want you can compare to mine. I got from FNL, they smelled like fingernail polish STRONG

I just received my order from the same website. I also have some concerns. The placement of the size sticker on the box. All the posts on the web show its on the lid, on these it's not. And the Jumpman on the tongue looks pregnant. lol But it seems like that is how it looks on every pair I've seen.

If it's not too much trouble, you should post up pics that are similar to the original pics, so that we can actually compare the iffy parts. I'd go grab my Nikestore pair, but I don't want to wake the missus up, but I'll do it tomorrow and post pics of my joints. I'm glad I'm seeing this because I just ordered another pair off of ebay for the re-seller ticket, and want to make sure mine isn't on some BS. Yes, JBs quality can vary from time to time, but I am interested to see if my pair has the same issues as the OPs pair, and if your pair has any of the same issues either. Lastly, it was a couple weeks ago, so maybe I'm not remembering right (lots of acid/extacy/weed smoke in my earlier years has led to a shoddy memory...), but to my recollection, I didn't notice any weird smells when I unboxed my pair. Just typical "brand new shoes" smells, which is better than good kush!

Another thing... I've never ordered from that website, so I can't say either way if they're legit or not, but when you said you ordered from a site that was located out of Austin, TX and u had a shoe you thought might be a b-grade, I was 100% sure you were going to say you ordered from kick-sole.com. They too are supposedly based out of Austin TX. I wonder if they're one and the same... Like I said, it's just a thought, and I've never ordered from either sites, so I don't have an opinion on them other than from what I've heard (which, granted, wasn't anything good). How long did it take for you to get your order? And also, how much did you pay?

EDIT: Now, I've only looked at 4 pairs, so I might be jumping to conclusions, but on those 4 pairs, Kick-sole and Iamkickz are using the EXACT SAME PHOTOS. The first red flag was when I was looking at iamkickz.com and noticed their White Cement 4s used a picture of a GS pair, which is something that always was suspect about Kick-Sole's page. When I looked closer, it dawned on me that I was looking at the same picture from kick-sole, so I pulled up both pages tab-by-tab to do some comparisons, and so far (Bred 11s, White Cement 4s, Blk Cement 3s, Bred 4s), it's not looking too good. Plus, the prices are eerily similar. The Grape 5s are different photos, and I imagine not every shoe is the same, but is this a coincidence, or possibly an attempt by Kick-Sole to shake their ever-worsening rep by opening a new store? Am I tripping?

Last edited:
If it's not too much trouble, you should post up pics that are similar to the original pics, so that we can actually compare the iffy parts. I'd go grab my Nikestore pair, but I don't want to wake the missus up, but I'll do it tomorrow and post pics of my joints. I'm glad I'm seeing this because I just ordered another pair off of ebay for the re-seller ticket, and want to make sure mine isn't on some BS. Yes, JBs quality can vary from time to time, but I am interested to see if my pair has the same issues as the OPs pair, and if your pair has any of the same issues either. Lastly, it was a couple weeks ago, so maybe I'm not remembering right (lots of acid/extacy/weed smoke in my earlier years has led to a shoddy memory...), but to my recollection, I didn't notice any weird smells when I unboxed my pair. Just typical "brand new shoes" smells, which is better than good kush!

I just posted what i had already taken. Tomorrow i can get come better ones of need be

Another thing... I've never ordered from that website, so I can't say either way if they're legit or not, but when you said you ordered from a site that was located out of Austin, TX and u had a shoe you thought might be a b-grade, I was 100% sure you were going to say you ordered from kick-sole.com. They too are supposedly based out of Austin TX. I wonder if they're one and the same... Like I said, it's just a thought, and I've never ordered from either sites, so I don't have an opinion on them other than from what I've heard (which, granted, wasn't anything good). How long did it take for you to get your order? And also, how much did you pay?

EDIT: Now, I've only looked at 4 pairs, so I might be jumping to conclusions, but on those 4 pairs, Kick-sole and Iamkickz are using the EXACT SAME PHOTOS. The first red flag was when I was looking at iamkickz.com and noticed their White Cement 4s used a picture of a GS pair, which is something that always was suspect about Kick-Sole's page. When I looked closer, it dawned on me that I was looking at the same picture from kick-sole, so I pulled up both pages tab-by-tab to do some comparisons, and so far (Bred 11s, White Cement 4s, Blk Cement 3s, Bred 4s), it's not looking too good. Plus, the prices are eerily similar. The Grape 5s are different photos, and I imagine not every shoe is the same, but is this a coincidence, or possibly an attempt by Kick-Sole to shake their ever-worsening rep by opening a new store? Am I tripping?

Damnit
Some guy on his website was like "why does my shipping email say kicksole.com?"

Back
Top Bottom