HELP! Buying Macbook pro/ seller is in Italy.

Need help NT.. I saw an ad at my local craigslist its a Macbook pro 17'' i7 spec. seller asking for $950 and maybe i can ask for a lower price, so i email and ask if still available. seller replied saying that he move back to Italy after losing her job here in US. she tried selling the macbook locally in Italy but no takers due to US warranty (i dont have a clue about apple's international warranty) and the keyboard layout. I emailed her back saying that if i cant test the macbook im backing out of the deal. i got a new email saying that i can test the laptop before buying using a TNT service.

TNT service

anyone tried TNT service?

Need help NT.. I saw an ad at my local craigslist its a Macbook pro 17'' i7 spec. seller asking for $950 and maybe i can ask for a lower price, so i email and ask if still available. seller replied saying that he move back to Italy after losing her job here in US. she tried selling the macbook locally in Italy but no takers due to US warranty (i dont have a clue about apple's international warranty) and the keyboard layout. I emailed her back saying that if i cant test the macbook im backing out of the deal. i got a new email saying that i can test the laptop before buying using a TNT service.

TNT service

anyone tried TNT service?

Seriously, there are about a half dozen red flags in your initial post.
If you can't do the transaction locally, don't do it. Especially with electronics.

Seriously, there are about a half dozen red flags in your initial post.
If you can't do the transaction locally, don't do it. Especially with electronics.

I still don't understand how people are still falling for these scams even after all the exposure online and on TV. No wonder scammers are eating so good. I don't even know why, but people like you frustrate me
laugh.gif

First, you should know no one's going to sell a $2500 laptop for $950 (the i7's are pretty new too).

Second, the seller wants to use some obscure transaction service. I mean even paypal isn't always legit so using some random service should be another red flag.

Third, use google dumbo http://www.scamvictimsuni...iewtopic.php?f=24&t=5214

I still don't understand how people are still falling for these scams even after all the exposure online and on TV. No wonder scammers are eating so good. I don't even know why, but people like you frustrate me
laugh.gif

First, you should know no one's going to sell a $2500 laptop for $950 (the i7's are pretty new too).

Second, the seller wants to use some obscure transaction service. I mean even paypal isn't always legit so using some random service should be another red flag.

Third, use google dumbo http://www.scamvictimsuni...iewtopic.php?f=24&t=5214

Back
Top Bottom