Help identifying............been on my mind for weeks.

I had a pair of Nike trainers/cross trainers back in 96-97. They were purplish, white and black. Everyone thought they were Barkley's cause he was with theSuns at that time. The Nike's had exactly the same sole of the shoes pictured below. Can anyone help or have a name/pics? I wish I had more info. Themidsole were white and the bottom's were black.

True, my bad. I've just spent the last hour looking on the net. Not to mention thinking about it for weeks. Can anyone reccomend sites that may have oldNike releases?

Air_Max_2_Uptempo_Low_White_Concord_Black_Orange_001.jpg

?

^Not them. The ones I'm talking about has the same exact sole and midsole. They were also cross trainers and a midtop. The back had a wed like design inblack.

The shoes you have pictured were called Air Trainer Max 95'. They came out at the Same time as the Air Max 95 and the Webbers. When Nike first tried theirhand at retroes in 97-98 these were included and they released them in White/Blue/Maroon and another colorway I can't think of. Then the pairs you havepictured are retroes from 2005 but now they're referred to as Air Trainer Max '97's or "Bulldogs" because there is one on the bottom ofthe shoe in the air bubble. I have been on a hunt for another OG 95' pair for about 2 years now. If it's not the pair pictured, it might be these.....

bdnm2o.jpg

The Box just says "Air Trainer Max", and they came out in Early 1997

The 95 trainers had a mesh upper and mesh tounge. They came in two colorways, maybe more. A white with a hint of yellow and blue. With black over the heelarea. And an all black with yellow and maybe blue. I wish I copped them back then but never had the funds.

The 97 trainers had a "leather" upper and tounge. I did cop the white,blue, maroon in 97. Still rock them today. I would post picks but don'tknow of a good server to place them at.

If they re-retroed them in OG colors. I would buy them in a heartbeat. Those shoes are comfortable as hell.

None of the names or pics posted yet. The Nike's I'm talking about have the same sole/midsole pictured below. Not similar or kind of, exactly the same.The Nike's I'm talking about only had the bottoms black instead of gum/yellow. Time's like this I wish I knew how to draw. Thanks to everyone sofar.

I don't know man...

I just checked 6 Nike catalogs from '96-'97 and there are no other shoes with that midsole except the Air Trainer Max.

EDIT: These are close but still a few differences from your description.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

I don't know man...

I just checked 6 Nike catalogs from '96-'97 and there are no other shoes with that midsole except the Air Trainer Max.

EDIT: These are close but still a few differences from your description.

You got a link to all the catalogs? I'm trying to find a shoe I had back in the 3rd or 4th grade. my first Nikes.

I graduated in 97. I know for a fact I had these Nike's while I was still in high school. Maybe it could have been in 94-95? I use to work at a car washwhile I was in high school and save up money for just kicks. I bought Jordan IX, X (AT A THRIFT STORE) XI, Pippen Olympic, Reebok Shaq 3's with the instapump etc. This shoe is driving me crazy! Thanks again for the help so far. :lol:

Your driving me crazy now...

So I checked the '95 catalogs as well I'm 99% sure I found what your looking, the only thing is the color you mentioned isn't pictured. Everythingelse matches to a tee. The "Air Max Trainer Mid" is what I believe it is.

Structure, I know which ones you are talking about now. I honestly think they are the first version of the Air Trainer 95 because I do remember seeing it inwhite/purple in 1995. I also think they had a black/yellow colorway too. I think it's sorta like how they had two versions of the Air Max 96, or the 97 AirMax triax.

^Yep, the catalog shows black/orange (maybe you were confusing it with yellow). It also seems to have came out before the Air Trainer Max that most arefamiliar with. I didn't remember these things at all...

Jagshemash
Can you post a pic of the ones you saw? Thanks!

ShortyC94
I remember the black colorway. Two of my friends got those cause they didn't
want the same ones I had. Ha ha.

Structure 330 - I had the exact same shoe you drew/ are talking about - Nice sketch from memory, btw. 1997? maybe

IIRC correctly they only were named Air Max Trainer, NO fancy name for them - came in the OG black & orange box.

I had to get them after seeing them in a Men's Health workout poster from waaaay back & the guy was doing aworkout in them & I was thinking manthose are some sick cross trainers. Purple, black & white with round black laces and some sick big air units... got them a week after they dropped back inthe 1990's...

Sad to say after much disuse (I got them in a sz 13 when I was a sz 12 at the time) the bubbles in both shoes deflated & most likely I will toss these outor give them to the Salvation Army or something... comfy while they lasted.

Back
Top Bottom