Help me build a PC... Please?

ASE

I'm building my first computer and need some help. I'm looking for a guide to let me know what I need to buy and maybe some tips on where to purchase parts

All help is appreciated.

Purchase @ Newegg or if you have a compusa by you their prices are reasonable.

you need the following parts if you are starting from scratch

Computer case
Motherboard
Processor
RAM
HDD
Thermal Paste

These are the bare minimum to have a computer to be able to run and be able to install a operating system on a hdd

Purchase @ Newegg or if you have a compusa by you their prices are reasonable.

you need the following parts if you are starting from scratch

Computer case
Motherboard
Processor
RAM
HDD
Thermal Paste

These are the bare minimum to have a computer to be able to run and be able to install a operating system on a hdd

Building one of those new psychic controlled PC's, ey?

I'm building my first computer and need some help. I'm looking for a guide to let me know what I need to buy and maybe some tips on where to purchase parts

All help is appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/

thank me later

can see other peoples builds
ratings on parts
compatibility
shows you the cheapest available price

Last edited:
For your first build I would suggest starting with a bare bones kit. You still get the building experience and most of the components needed to get up and running are included. You can always upgrade certain components later down the line as needed.

Check out www.tigerdirect.com too

For your first build I would suggest starting with a bare bones kit. You still get the building experience and most of the components needed to get up and running are included. You can always upgrade certain components later down the line as needed.

Check out www.tigerdirect.com too

Came in here to suggest this. Some kits already come w/ towers and mobos that fit the towers among other parts. Tigerdirect and Newegg are your best bets

I built my first PC this year and dam was it a thrill joint took me some 7 hours to get it up and ready :lol: when that **** turned on i felt like I won a gold medal.

+1 for the SSD suggestion. Your comp will have dedicated space to boot your computer instead of having to sift through loads of data. Good luck man!

isn't it easier to just buy a new pc? also cheaper? unless you just want to learn. if that's the case then it might be kind of painful

isn't it easier to just buy a new pc? also cheaper? unless you just want to learn. if that's the case then it might be kind of painful
No. New PCs from major brands are usually horrible.

Better to build as you can always upgrade parts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom