Help me setup my KRK speakers with sub!! Paging Mondaynightraw

Hey guys. I'm going to pick up two KRK Rokit 5's and the KRK 10 sub. I was just wondering what would be the ideal way to set them up with my Macbook Pro/iMac/iPod.

Do I need an audio interface? Would I be fine with just some cables? I want the sound to be clear and good. Help me out guys!

Hey guys. I'm going to pick up two KRK Rokit 5's and the KRK 10 sub. I was just wondering what would be the ideal way to set them up with my Macbook Pro/iMac/iPod.

Do I need an audio interface? Would I be fine with just some cables? I want the sound to be clear and good. Help me out guys!

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

why are you getting studio monitors?

Well, I want a good sound system for my computer. I play a lot of FLAC ad lossless files, so I figured maybe studio monitors would be ideal. High quality sound is very important to me.

Well, I want a good sound system for my computer. I play a lot of FLAC ad lossless files, so I figured maybe studio monitors would be ideal. High quality sound is very important to me.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Studio monitors are not for "enjoying" music.... they are for identifying levels and problems in the sound.
You would be better off with a speaker system made for listeners. 

You are going to notice alot of defects and artifacts (if they exist) in your music collection.

The macbook sound chip is pretty good (compared to other laptops) but to enjoy the music you should look into an audio interface.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Studio monitors are not for "enjoying" music.... they are for identifying levels and problems in the sound.
You would be better off with a speaker system made for listeners. 

You are going to notice alot of defects and artifacts (if they exist) in your music collection.

The macbook sound chip is pretty good (compared to other laptops) but to enjoy the music you should look into an audio interface.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting an M-Audio FastTrackPro for the interface. Do you have any suggestions on which speakers I should get?

Yeah, I was thinking about getting an M-Audio FastTrackPro for the interface. Do you have any suggestions on which speakers I should get?

Not top of the line, but get the job done for me.
I have some Harman Kardon SoundSticks III.
Definitely better options out there for sure, but for the price, these were a lot of bang for the buck.
I'm satisfied with the purchase, you're probably looking for something more high end.

Not top of the line, but get the job done for me.
I have some Harman Kardon SoundSticks III.
Definitely better options out there for sure, but for the price, these were a lot of bang for the buck.
I'm satisfied with the purchase, you're probably looking for something more high end.

Don't even bother doing the whole interface with Studio Monitors thing if you're not making beats or engineering.

KRKs are great but no point in getting them if you're just going to be listening to iTunes.

I'll be back with suggestions.

Don't even bother doing the whole interface with Studio Monitors thing if you're not making beats or engineering.

KRKs are great but no point in getting them if you're just going to be listening to iTunes.

I'll be back with suggestions.

Im an audio engineer and i use the fast track pro with a macbook pro and its aways worked flawlessly. If you want to use it with your speaker set up it will work fine but its honestly user preference. For my personal setup up i have klipsch promedia 2.1 and use and airport express via airtunes. I used some mics and an audio program called smaart to the system. smaart puts the raw audio source through a real time analyzer and and then compares it to input from a mic listening to the speakers using a real time analyzer again. Out of the box the klipschs were almost identical. Some sub placement and i had a great match. Like i said its all user preference though.

Back
Top Bottom