Here's a thankless job that DESERVES every dollar of your tip....

If you don't tip the mfers who clean the building you walk in, the toilets you use when you go these places, and other people besides waiters and car wash people, all this courtesy you think you got don't mean ****. How you gon selectively tip some, and not others?

So why does your barber deserve a tip?

Is there anyone out there who doesn't tip their barber?

Barber Shop: $15 for a cut + $5 tip

You tip for a few reasons

1. Keeps him motivated. Especially long days, when you sit in his chair, he doesn't BS
2. In a customer dispute of, "who was there first", he is more likely to look out for you and let you sit in the chair first
3. If you call and ask, "How many do you have in the shop." He MIGHT have 4, but for you, he might say 2. ANd when you get there, he might tell the people waiting that you were already there.

So tipping a barber is about investment honestly.

Barber Shop: $15 for a cut + $5 tip

You tip for a few reasons

1. Keeps him motivated. Especially long days, when you sit in his chair, he doesn't BS
2. In a customer dispute of, "who was there first", he is more likely to look out for you and let you sit in the chair first
3. If you call and ask, "How many do you have in the shop." He MIGHT have 4, but for you, he might say 2. ANd when you get there, he might tell the people waiting that you were already there.

So tipping a barber is about investment honestly.

Tipping the Pizza guy/girl, waiter, waitress, bartender...ect.

1) They don't spit in your food

2) They don't spit in your drink

3) They don't spit in your food & drink

Those 3 reasons is already enough for me to tip people

Yall seeing what you want to see in regards to the heatwave.

I said it was near 80 at 9am the other day. Heat index got over 105. Not 80 degrees as a HIGH for the day :lol:

These code red/orange days in the DMV are no joke.

Left my place for work yesterday morning and it was 77 degrees out at 6:30 am

Last edited:

work in the hotel industry. 

I tip my barber, bartender, servers 20-25%. 

QUestion. I have a boy that works in the hotel industry.

He always gets mad at us when we don't, "Leave a tip for house service."

Until he entioned it the first time, I never thought to tip house service because it can be 3 different people on 3 different days. WHo gets the tip (Pause).

Yall seeing what you want to see in regards to the heatwave.

I said it was near 80 at 9am the other day. Heat index got over 105. Not 80 degrees as a HIGH for the day :lol:

These code red/orange days in the DMV are no joke.

Left my place for work yesterday morning and it was 77 degrees out at 6:30 am

Got off shift in the morning couple days ago.. said it was 93 degrees.

I'm giving my barber 25-30$ on a 15$ cut everytime. Been going there for years and he does a great job. That extra 10$ doesn't hurt me at all and sometimes it's a good feeling to make someone's day a little better. And if I need to be squeezed into his schedule he is always making time for me, the cheap customers - no way.

QUestion. I have a boy that works in the hotel industry.

He always gets mad at us when we don't, "Leave a tip for house service."

Until he entioned it the first time, I never thought to tip house service because it can be 3 different people on 3 different days. WHo gets the tip (Pause).

I worked as a bellman at two hotels on Fort Lauderdale beach. In the busy season, I was raking in a minimum $800 a week (5 days, 8 hour shifts) the money is great for a young college aged student, or a person re-locating to a new town. If you had 3 different housekeepers, for 3 different days, you're suppose to leave 3 seperate tips, each time. For instance, when you request a room cleaning, upon you leaving the room, you leave the tip, beforehand.

I'm giving my barber 25-30$ on a 15$ cut everytime. Been going there for years and he does a great job. That extra 10$ doesn't hurt me at all and sometimes it's a good feeling to make someone's day a little better. And if I need to be squeezed into his schedule he is always making time for me, the cheap customers - no way.
:x

Did it as  a young buck. Job sucked ***.  We used to get high as **** though 
laugh.gif

Super generous dudes in here. Hair cuts are 19 bucks at NY spot, I pay 20. F that and my barber is my nephews dad his tip goes to his son on Xmas.

You actually beleieve when they say they only do that for you or "I got you"? :lol:

Y'all boys getting played psychology. It's like the stripper saying you're her favorite customer, they say that to everyone :rofl:

You actually beleieve when they say they only do that for you or "I got you"? :lol:

Y'all boys getting played psychology. It's like the stripper saying you're her favorite customer, they say that to everyone :rofl:
you got it buddy

I'd tip him the same anyways. Because I'm generous and not a greedy ******* like half the people here.

Last edited:
All for being a great tipper....

but your tipping 200% b... Where do you live? I just started a new barbershop there...

^lol and im the first barber in said shop, i can squeeze you in the schedule, got you b

Last edited:
All for being a great tipper....

but your tipping 200% b... Where do you live? I just started a new barbershop there...
I don't tip based on percentages when it comes to any bill under 50-75$. I'll usually just tip 10-20$. Thanks but I have a barbershop already buddy.

^lol and im the first barber in said shop, i can squeeze you in the schedule, got you b
damn. Y'all will do anything for that 10 bucks. I need my car washed - you guys can pm me about it. I got 12$ for you.

damn. Y'all will do anything for that 10 bucks. I need my car washed - you guys can pm me about it. I got 12$ for you.

12? That's it? You're greedy. How can he live his life without you tipping enough? He needs you to tip more

After all, you are his favorite and he always squeezes you in. He ain't do that for nobody else.... :rofl:

Last edited:
12? That's it? You're greedy. How can he live his life without you tipping enough? He needs you to tip more

After all, you are his favorite and he always squeezes you in. He ain't do that for nobody else.... :rofl:
you're right. I'm a fool for being a nice and generous guy and liking to give people a little extra when they provide a service. Shame on me.

Back
Top Bottom