Hermès ...

I had no idea any clothing brand had such restrictions. I’ve gone to the official stores of Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Saint Laurent, … simply to check out their inventory with no intention of buying anything, aside from SLP.
I was never asked about appointments or anything and I was able to get a good look at everything. Staff was quite friendly across the board. In the case of Hermes and LV, by that time I did complete and had on my completed jewelry setup.

But even when I was poor and made clear that I just wanted to look, no luxury designer store has ever treated me poorly.

There was one instance where I remember walking in a Gucci store with a friend who dresses kinda hipster/alternative and some staff member quickly asked her to leave because she ‘looked like she couldn’t afford anything there so she should leave.’
Ironically she’s actually rich and could’ve easily frivolously spent thousands.He didn’t tell me to leave (presumbly due to how I was dressed), even though her and I were clearly spending time together. That’s the only bad experience I’ve had at luxury designer brand stores though. The guy came straight towards us and asked her to leave almost instantly after we entered and looked around.

Every time you post man 🥹

Alright it's been less then 24hrs but I'm changing my tune...

My down payment for a crib getting spent on a bag for a woman I don't eem have yet.

Here's a link to educate all you broke bois....

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/buying-an-hermes-bag

triple-h-disgusted.gif

The prices posted were the reseller prices. They don’t actually run that in store - hence wanting to buy retail.

My wife got a Capucines bag in June and is already talking about a Birkin. Don’t feel like jumping through the hoops at this point.

The prices posted were the reseller prices. They don’t actually run that in store - hence wanting to buy retail.

My wife got a Capucines bag in June and is already talking about a Birkin. Don’t feel like jumping through the hoops at this point.
Yes and no ...

The retail price in a Birkin is a few thousands less than the prices posted. However, you need to be at least at a 1:1 more like 2:1 or 3:1 in some cases to be offered a bag and most times is not the color scheme you want.

So in actuality trying to score a B or K from H is going to run you more than buying from a reseller. Only benefit of doing it that way is that you'll have a report and probably get more bags offers going forward.

I want one of those “H” Hermes belts so I can make sure everyone knows I spent a lot of money on a belt I don’t need
Ewww are you gonna wear your pants to your knees or the shirt just tucked in the front?

PS you sounding extra salty for whatever the reason though .... smh.

I want one of those “H” Hermes belts so I can make sure everyone knows I spent a lot of money on a belt I don’t need
I'm ashamed to admit that I was seriously considering a Gucci belt at some point in the past :lol: But then I matured.
My current clothes are all designer but almost all of them have no logo or other indication as to what brand it is, aside from a few exceptions like a tiny logo on a t-shirt or two.

I think buying things like this is just clown behavior tbh. I can vouch that Armani makes good quality t-shirts and I absolutely love their geometric designs without logos or branding, but stuff like this is just 'hey look at me everyone I'm wearing ARMANI'
a84f5d73bedba835d33e6269cd152149.png

Lol @ clown behavior. If thats not your style, just say that :lol: People like what they like...
Everyone's free to like what they like. I just think those kind of items' sole purpose is to brag to everyone they encounter that they're wearing Armani. There's no design or anything, just big branding. I guarantee nobody who wears that would even consider buying it if it didn't have a giant Armani logo/branding on it.
I own a lot of Armani myself, they have many interesting designs without logos that aren't just a regular designless t-shirt with a big logo stamped on it.

I don't have an issue with something like this. It still has a logo but unlike those other examples this t-shirt actually contains some form of design.
43962b719c04febff6aecf1609a8fc28.png

Last edited:
Damn .. Hermes really hit some of ya'll nerves.
Nothing wrong with Hermes imo. The belt is probably bought solely to show off in 99% of cases but I do think it looks kinda cool and could improve a fit with a tucked in shirt and blazer for example. A Birkin bag is priced that absurdly high mostly due to the exclusivity, there's a limit to how far quality goes and it stops well short of that kind of price. However unlike a regular t-shirt, there is no 'regular bag', so I respect the design process. I'm sure most buy those to show off but that's not its sole quality.

I can't speak for others but I only have an issue with things like a piece of clothing that only has a giant logo or/and brand name stamped on it.

In terms of pure craftsmanship and quality, Hermes in one of the top in the world. Is it worth the money, thats up to the individual.
Is a Patek P Perpetual Calendar worth it? May not be to me , but to someone it is.

In terms of pure craftsmanship and quality, Hermes in one of the top in the world. Is it worth the money, thats up to the individual.
Is a Patek P Perpetual Calendar worth it? May not be to me , but to someone it is.
For sure, most luxury designer brands and particularly the top tier ones put in an extraordinary amount of effort in getting the highest quality materials and craftsmanship.
The difference between a 100% cotton designer t-shirt (usually they're part elastan now too but whatever) and a 100% cotton t-shirt from a regular brand is generally very different.
With watches, I think any watch with an actual mechanical movement, not that quartz bs, deserves respect for the craftmanship. Whether it's worth paying ridiculous prices for is up to the buyers to ask themselves but an incredible amount of effort is put into crafting such watches.

And even between luxury designers there can be a noticeable difference in quality. For example I notice at least some difference between my clothes from Etro and Armani, with Etro noticeably feeling better with the same materials.

Last edited:
Damn .. Hermes really hit some of ya'll nerves.
Dudes are mad mad for no reason ... lmao

Dudes talking about belts and being clown **** but yet wear Yeezys Js etc ...

Why not just walk into walmart and get a simple pair of ****t shorts and underwears with some shaq kicks?

Why drive in a Mercedes Bimmer etc and not in a zip car?

People can't imagine paying 20+ in a purse so it's automatically stoopid ...

I think that's the real clown mentality. And to continue unless you know how a Birkin or Kelly look, there's nothing on that purse that screams Hermès or expensive unlike LV Gucci etc.

Not sure why people are so butt hurt.

there's a whole community that splurges on replica birkins when they can get real birkins.

Dudes are mad mad for no reason ... lmao

Dudes talking about belts and being clown **** but yet wear Yeezys Js etc ...

Why not just walk into walmart and get a simple pair of ****t shorts and underwears with some shaq kicks?

Why drive in a Mercedes Bimmer etc and not in a zip car?

People can't imagine paying 20+ in a purse so it's automatically stoopid ...

I think that's the real clown mentality. And to continue unless you know how a Birkin or Kelly look, there's nothing on that purse that screams Hermès or expensive unlike LV Gucci etc.

Not sure why people are so butt hurt.
THIS.

Same people that be paying $$$ on stockx for sneakers made in some factory in China with crooked stitching.

Who's mad about Hermès though? I think their H belt borders on serving purely as a way of bragging but I can see it adding to certain fits.
Birkins, and basically any bag, are unique designs and not just bragging material. Whether they're worth their price is up to potential buyers to decide for themselves.

The only thing I mentioned that I find kinda clown-ish is wearing something like a plain t-shirt with only a giant logo/brand name on it. That serves no purpose whatsoever besides wanting to brag to everyone and literally nobody wearing that specific kind of item would even consider buying or wearing it if it didn't have giant branding of a known expensive brand.

My business partner's wife is a big Hermes shopper and buys all their crap to be able to buy Birkin bags...
That's kinda my thought. Buy little things here and there and build that rapport. Seems like it would still be less than resell.

Who's mad about Hermès though? I think their H belt borders on serving purely as a way of bragging but I can see it adding to certain fits.
Birkins, and basically any bag, are unique designs and not just bragging material. Whether they're worth their price is up to potential buyers to decide for themselves.

The only thing I mentioned that I find kinda clown-ish is wearing something like a plain t-shirt with only a giant logo/brand name on it. That serves no purpose whatsoever besides wanting to brag to everyone and literally nobody wearing that specific kind of item would even consider buying or wearing it if it didn't have giant branding of a known expensive brand.
nah you're cool. this was directed towards other people who went off the cliff early on in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom