Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone been to the dentist during corona? Thinking of going this week for some tooth pain. Say I need to get a procedure done, how are they keeping themselves and me protected?
Yes, i just went on Thursday for my routine teeth cleaning. My wife and kids went last weekend.

Arrived at the front door and had to call in before allowed in. They checked my temperature, asked some questions and took me to the chair. Hygienist was extra strapped up, and they had a machine that they put next to my face that sucked any particles away from everything. As i was walking in, i saw two hygienist wiping a chair that was previously occupied by a patient. I would have felt better if it was covered with that paper sheets that a doctor would have in the room. I did bring a change of clothes and changed before getting into my car. Just for peace of mind

Other than that, it was pretty par for the course. I have to go back in 2 weeks to have a porcelain crown put in and that will take 2.5 hours.

Surprisingly unaffected with going to the dentist in these times. Feel like now if a good time to go before cases shoot up.

Yes, i just went on Thursday for my routine teeth cleaning. My wife and kids went last weekend.

Arrived at the front door and had to call in before allowed in. They checked my temperature, asked some questions and took me to the chair. Hygienist was extra strapped up, and they had a machine that they put next to my face that sucked any particles away from everything. As i was walking in, i saw two hygienist wiping a chair that was previously occupied by a patient. I would have felt better if it was covered with that paper sheets that a doctor would have in the room. I did bring a change of clothes and changed before getting into my car. Just for peace of mind

Other than that, it was pretty par for the course. I have to go back in 2 weeks to have a porcelain crown put in and that will take 2.5 hours.

Surprisingly unaffected with going to the dentist in these times. Feel like now if a good time to go before cases shoot up.

Got a root canal?

forgot to mention, one thing i felt is the teeth cleaning didn't feel as thorough as in normal times.

They do their best, it seems, to have as minimal amount of particles flying around for obvious reason. But i like when my hygienist gets in there and attacks!! But i get it. And no polishing at the end was done. I like that part but they sent me home with the polish for me to use at home.

Oh nvm you said cleaning. I think I need one, most people ive talked to said it wasnt bad. In any case, tylenol it is. :lol:
My homie had one 2 weeks ago. In an out. I think Root Canals are not as bad as they were 10+ years ago. Seems like things have progressed enough to where its not as terrible as some think they are.

pa7gdwuq3k451.png

That kills me almost as much as people wearing grubby gloves everywhere!

That kills me almost as much as people wearing grubby gloves everywhere!
I'm curious what the issue is with gloves?

I wear gloves everywhere. Even to the dentist office. But i wear it for that one time and then toss them in the trash once i leave. Example, going to the market, i wear 2 gloves. Once i leave the store, i take the top pair off and leave the one pair on so that when i get home, i can have them on so i can bring the groceries in.

Just trying to figure out what the issues are with people wearing gloves. Its no different than having bare hands, no?

Oh nvm you said cleaning. I think I need one, most people ive talked to said it wasnt bad. In any case, tylenol it is. :lol:

I just had my first one on Wednesday and I have an extreme fear in getting dental procedures done (bad experiences when I was a kid). Paper screening, hand sanitized as I was walking in, and temperature checks. One patient was finishing up as I got there (I didn't sit in that station). My procedure took a while (2.5 hours) but was pretty painless, and I was the only one in there after it started. Not bad at all, but I wouldnt go signing up for root canals either hahaha.

I'm curious what the issue is with gloves?

I wear gloves everywhere. Even to the dentist office. But i wear it for that one time and then toss them in the trash once i leave. Example, going to the market, i wear 2 gloves. Once i leave the store, i take the top pair off and leave the one pair on so that when i get home, i can have them on so i can bring the groceries in.

Just trying to figure out what the issues are with people wearing gloves. Its no different than having bare hands, no?
You’re not absorbing the virus through your fingers so they just give a false sense of security - and unless you have good clean etiquette with them on it’s worse than having clean hands.
People are doing things like opening a door, pushing a cart, selecting produce, adjusting their face mask - all with gloves on so they’re doing nothing.
Gloves are important in certain situations - but only when they’re not contaminated.
Like I said earlier I’m running a hospital clinic at the moment and one of the things I’ve been hard on is that care - we’re obviously not performing surgery but I’m trying to make the staff think about what they’re doing - and that means not wandering around the clinic with gloves on, not making notes or typing - you just do your procedure then remove them and wash your hands.
Part of what you’re doing isn’t bad - the wearing them for discrete episodes and then removing them - but the part about wearing 2 pairs and removing them doesn’t make sense to me.
Mainly though it’s seeing people who have had the same pair on clearly all day (or worse) and are just acting like they’re in a space suit that bothers me.
Almost as bad as the old lady in the grocery store holding a lacy handkerchief across her mouth - but occasionally using that to push the cart then back to her mouth.

You’re not absorbing the virus through your fingers so they just give a false sense of security - and unless you have good clean etiquette with them on it’s worse than having clean hands.
People are doing things like opening a door, pushing a cart, selecting produce, adjusting their face mask - all with gloves on so they’re doing nothing.
Gloves are important in certain situations - but only when they’re not contaminated.
Like I said earlier I’m running a hospital clinic at the moment and one of the things I’ve been hard on is that care - we’re obviously not performing surgery but I’m trying to make the staff think about what they’re doing - and that means not wandering around the clinic with gloves on, not making notes or typing - you just do your procedure then remove them and wash your hands.
Part of what you’re doing isn’t bad - the wearing them for discrete episodes and then removing them - but the part about wearing 2 pairs and removing them doesn’t make sense to me.
Mainly though it’s seeing people who have had the same pair on clearly all day (or worse) and are just acting like they’re in a space suit that bothers me.
Almost as bad as the old lady in the grocery store holding a lacy handkerchief across her mouth - but occasionally using that to push the cart then back to her mouth.

Just imagine this but with gloves on because people are this careless

edit:
the lady ends up coming back to the hospital and dying :frown:

Last edited:
Beijing will suspend all kinds of sports events from now on

June 12, 2020 23:13 Beijing Daily Client

Urgent notice of Beijing Sports Competition Management Center on suspension of holding sports events

Relevant units:

According to the changes in the epidemic prevention and control situation in Beijing, in order to implement the requirements of epidemic prevention and control, reduce the risks brought by the movement and gathering of people to epidemic prevention and control, and effectively protect the health and safety of the people, the city will temporarily suspend all kinds of sports from now on Event activities. The recovery schedule will be notified separately. Relevant units are required to attach great importance to strictly implement the "quartet's responsibility" and do a good job in epidemic prevention and control.

Beijing Sports Competition Management Center

I can’t believe healthcare workers have to be told this. This is basic training.

When I worked in a senior in patient rehab facility, I’d have to use gloves all the time whether I was cleaning equipment between patients or transporting a patient with a certain condition and I ran through gloves like crazy because they always came right off after the single task I put them on for. Even just going into a room with someone with c diff, I didn’t even touch anything, and I took them right off after I left the room and sanitized my hands.

I hope they know how to take them off properly too. I know the masses don’t.

Back
Top Bottom