Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
So if a normal healthy person contracts this do they actually need hospitalization (apart from quarantine reasons)?

Like i wouldn’t normally go to the hospital when I get sick or get the flu (which has rarely happened to). I just lay in bed miserable for a few days, drink lots of liquid and chicken soup, and watch a tv series.

I would say you are better off self quarantined than in the hospital as long as you aren’t experiencing breathing difficulty, coughing up blood, etc. All you will do in the hospital is take up resources that could otherwise be used for someone more ill who needs it, potentially infect others (including health workers), and possibly be infected yourself with a different strain or something else entirely.

Last edited:
New Jersey reports first case of coronavirus

RIP troyjerby troyjerby
yo, that’s what my sister said right before she forwarded a text from her friend who’s an RN saying the flu is worse than c19 and we have nothing to worry about.
#itsjusttheflubro
oh yeah let me take advice from a global virus that they are still trying to figure out from a random RN :stoneface:
You think they'll cancel the Olympics?
people arent showing up, no point to have them at the moment i feel

I guess it's inevitable. Some people still downplay this threat accusing media creating a panic. When reality hits, it's too late already, which it is now. If they start to have 1 confirmed case in Washington DC, I am sure things finally get escalated quickly.

IMO first responders and medical staffs need to start wearing hazmat suit when treating "suspected" patients. Otherwise, they will be automatically quarantined and next thing you know you'll have short staffs.

I guess it's inevitable. Some people still downplay this threat accusing media creating a panic. When reality hits, it's too late already, which it is now. If they start to have 1 confirmed case in Washington DC, I am sure things finally get escalated quickly.

IMO first responders and medical staffs need to start wearing hazmat suit when treating "suspected" patients. Otherwise, they will be automatically quarantined and next thing you know you'll have short staffs.

Im in the DC metro area. im 99.9% that mess is here and nothing has been said yet. There are way too many transients for it not to be.

Honestly pretty impossible to stop it from spreading. It’s more mild than the numbers would suggest for the average person since majority probably aren’t even being tested. How many people are honestly going to go get tested for cold like symptoms? For younger people this is nothing. Going to get tested is a bigger inconvenience than the virus.

Not sure how you would reasonably contain it without large mandates like lockdowns. I think it’ll just continue to grow exponentially until a vaccine or it disappears on its own. I also read it could become just a thing we deal with.

Last edited:
Japan's economy is already in shambles, cancelling the olympics would be really bad for them

Plenty of reports saying Abe Gov't dramatically slowed testing.
Abe must protect Nikkei and the Olympics Cannot be cancelled at any cost.
Worst case...Olympics like NCAA (proposed) will be on time but w/o spectators.

UK REPORTS FIRST DEATH FROM CORONAVIRUS: TELEGRAPH
RIP

BRITISH PM JOHNSON'S SPOKESMAN SAYS PM WAS BRIEFED THAT IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY THAT CORONAVIRUS IS GOING TO SPREAD IN A SIGNIFICANT WAY

Last edited:
Honestly pretty impossible to stop it from spreading. It’s more mild than the numbers would suggest for the average person since majority probably aren’t even being tested. How many people are honestly going to go get tested for cold like symptoms? For younger people this is nothing.

Not sure how you would reasonably contain it without large mandates like lockdowns. I think it’ll just continue to grow exponentially until a vaccine or it disappears on its own. I also read it could become just a thing we deal with.

Most people if they are mildly sick just go about their day. A lot of people can have this without knowing and it passes like a regular sickness. Whats the dangerous part is having it snd it spreads to someone who does get affected hard by it, which is what the focus should be on.

This is gonna stick around for a while, and then its gonna be old news, the media and people are gonna be desensitized from hearing about it and on to the next big story.

Most people if they are mildly sick just go about their day. A lot of people can have this without knowing and it passes like a regular sickness. Whats the dangerous part is having it snd it spreads to someone who does get affected hard by it, which is what the focus should be on.

This is gonna stick around for a while, and then its gonna be old news, the media and people are gonna be desensitized from hearing about it and on to the next big story.

I would just treat it as a matter of fact thing that it will eventually be in your area. Just tell your older relatives to isolate themselves more until proper treatment is available to the public.

Dang and the Euro 2020 cup is sooner than the Olympics.
Plenty of reports saying Abe Gov't dramatically slowed testing.
Abe must protect Nikkei and the Olympics Cannot be cancelled at any cost.
Worst case...Olympics like NCAA (proposed) will be on time but w/o spectators.
will most likel;y be the case for the euros as well
italy (serie a) already stated games will be played with no fans in attendance

one of my coworkers (different office) said she had to go pick up her kids because one of the other moms has the coronavirus.. i don't know if she's BSin or not. she said there were news trucks outside of the school.. haven't seen any reports yet (around Los Angeles).

Back
Top Bottom