Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Regarding #3, here's an excellent article about the creation of that Oxford vaccine:

Gilbert also explains that, crucially, her team was well prepared for this moment, long before Covid-19 surfaced. Prior to the pandemic, her lab had developed technology to create vaccines against virulent viruses. This approach used a genetically engineered chimpanzee adenovirus — which causes the common flu in apes – to carry elements of a harmful virus into humans, triggering the necessary immune response.
Her work covered the likes of Nipah, Lassa and Rift Valley fever, and, perhaps most significantly, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome – a lethal disease caused by another coronavirus. The framework, she says, was in place for team to hit the ground running with Sars-Cov-2.
I remember reading that article thanks.
Have there been any updates from them? Back in May/June the Oxford vaccine seemed like a sure hit with reports saying it would be launched in the UK by september

I remember reading that article thanks.
Have there been any updates from them? Back in May/June the Oxford vaccine seemed like a sure hit with reports saying it would be launched in the UK by september

Last I heard, phase 3 trials had started back up everywhere except USA. I don't know exactly what the hold up is, but apparently the FDA is taking their time investigating the potential link between the vaccine and the 2 reported adverse reactions.

Time to cancel football for the year, ppl

It won’t happen, but why should they? Players are low risk individuals as are many coaches and other personnel. Everyone had the option of opting out, free of repercussion, prior to the season. It’s not like the league is taking zero action to mitigate risk. They’re giving players and personnel guidelines to adhere to on bye weeks (can’t travel).

Everyone there participating now are grown adults who have given their informed consent to participate. I really don’t see the NFL shutting down. Especially if baseball didn’t.

Actually, only way I can see the NFL halting everything is if the outbreaks are so bad that enough games get cancelled to where the scheduling becomes impossible. You see what happened to the Steelers/Titans game and that was a favorable situation because the teams schedules actually worked in a way that rescheduling was relatively easy. If it gets to a point where multiple games are being cancelled weekly, then I could see it.

It won’t happen, but why should they? Players are low risk individuals as are many coaches and other personnel. Everyone had the option of opting out, free of repercussion, prior to the season. It’s not like the league is taking zero action to mitigate risk. They’re giving players and personnel guidelines to adhere to on bye weeks (can’t travel).

Everyone there participating now are grown adults who have given their informed consent to participate. I really don’t see the NFL shutting down. Especially if baseball didn’t.

Actually, only way I can see the NFL halting everything is if the outbreaks are so bad that enough games get cancelled to where the scheduling becomes impossible. You see what happened to the Steelers/Titans game and that was a favorable situation because the teams schedules actually worked in a way that rescheduling was relatively easy. If it gets to a point where multiple games are being cancelled weekly, then I could see it.
The season may be extended with 3-4 bye weeks. I can't believe they didn't try to lessen the # of games from the get go. We may be having a Superbowl in April this year.

I have one question, is the US supposed to make the vaccine for the world or is other countries trying to develop as well?

It still baffles me that the rest of the world still haven't found a solution to beat Covid.

Does the rest of the world depend on a country like us?

I have one question, is the US supposed to make the vaccine for the world or is other countries trying to develop as well?

It still baffles me that the rest of the world still haven't found a solution to beat Covid.

i think there are a few countries are making a vaccine or trying to

i'm not surprised there is nothing yet to keep this virus in check in fact i don't think there will be a cure or a working vaccine for a long while if there will be i could see many people having bad reactions to it

as bad as it sounds i truly believe we will not find a cure
i hope i'm wrong

There are vaccines in development all over the world. Trails are happening all over the world.

In fact, the leading candidate for getting approved first is being developed by Oxford.

Also, when we do get a vaccine, it might be manufactured in a place like India.

There are vaccines in development all over the world. Trails are happening all over the world.

In fact, the leading candidate for getting approved first is being developed by Oxford.

Also, when we do get a vaccine, it might be manufactured in a place like India.

Technically, both Russia and China have already been vaccinating limited numbers of people, starting with military personnel, IIRC. Neither vaccine has received global approval (or confidence), but those individual countries seem confident based on the limited information they have so far.

Why does it baffle you that the rest of the world hasn't found a solution to COVID?

Given the severity of this situation and the global participation taking place between governments, health organizations, and pharmaceutical companies, we'll definitely find a cure.

We had a somewhat working solution, it was called infectious disease preparedness and response. However Chinese officials, Trump and other world leaders were more worried about looking bad, than addressing the imminent and urgent crisis. Their shortsightedness and incompetence is simply breathtaking and to put it nicely, their idiocy killed a million people.

Back
Top Bottom