Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've noticed some discrepancy in whether someone who was previously infected should wait or take the vaccine when offered to them. CDC has said there is no reason to wait, however Fauci stated they should wait 90 days to avoid interaction between antibodies and the vaccine. I'm not smart enough to understand fully, but to me it seems like the same antibodies present after natural infection would also exist after your initial vaccine dose. Since you only have to wait 21-28 days before receiving your second dose, what's the reason to wait 90 days after infection? It would make more sense that you'd wait 30 days, at most.

the only reason I can think of off the top of my head is that the immune cells from the initial infection response might instead move over to the inactivated spike protein made by the vaccine? I assume the timing they gave depends on the lifespan of the cells involved but I'm not sure.

This is AMERICA!

Money gotta flow, lives be damned!

Sad truth but ummmmm, people gotta get this bread.

I have the option to get the Pfizer vaccine on 2/3 or moderna on 2/8. I ended up scheduling for the Pfizer since I can get it sooner, less time needed for 2nd dose, and slightly closer location.

any reason to opt for moderna instead? My parents and sis will be getting moderna
they're both pretty similar vaccines in terms of technology

pfizer has stricter storage requirements...needs to be kept colder

seems more ppl I know complain of side effects with pfizer (relative to moderna) but the side effects aren't serious. most ppl complain about fever and chills for a short period of time which usually goes away the day after. although there are some that have complained of fever for longer than that..

moderna is protective against uk variant but supposedly 6 times less so against sk variant, but they are working on a booster shot that can be given for a third dose

idk how protective pfizer is against the new variants

I'd just go with the vaccine that comes first.

I was about to post about masks -- I was just browsing this afternoon and came across a couple options (a few months ago, there would be nothing usually).

These are US-made, $58 for 50 on amazon, but backordered for a week:

Amazon product ASIN B08NVDFB3R
These are in stock but pricier ($120 for 50):

Also, just got my 1 dose of the Pfizer vaccine this weekend, so this was good news to see across my TL today. Hopefully they can collect more info on the effectiveness of the vaccines on the new strains and push that info out to reassure those who are on the fence.

damn the way these stories are coming out it sounds like teachers are being treated like the military
My girl is an educator. She teaches in Bellevue School District out here and the district really bullied them into submission. It's sad. Parents of a certain "type" really showed they asses out. They set up a website and created a wall of shame for educators who did not want to teach in person unless they received a vaccine. Just awful.

Dealing with actual children is hard enough. Support your educators NT.

Working with the kids is the best part of the job. Everything else sucks, basically get told you don't mean s*** every other day.

I probably have one more year left in me and I'm out. Especially if the pandemic sticks around.

So is the general consensus to double mask now?
It depends on your masks and the situation, IMO. For example, if you don't have access to a quality well fitted mask then placing a tight fitting cloth mask over it will provide better filtration by sealing the gaps and giving an extra layer of protection. If you're going into an indoor high risk setting with many others, such as Dr. office waiting room (especially ER), conference room, etc. you would want the best filtration you can possibly get. If you're outdoors or somewhere that's lower risk, there's no reason to double mask. Also, it's best to put another mask over a valved mask that isn't filtering your exhaled air.

Still been rocking the same mesh mask with filters and capped off the valves. Not sure how efficient they are in comparison to others but I barely go anywhere as is

Aside from the k95 masks--whats the best alternatives? Theres a ton of people making masks for a quick dollar, just wanted to know if heads knew of one brand/type that was better than others

Back
Top Bottom