Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
My 40 year old coworker, who is an essential worker who treats covid patients everyday, is a mother of 5 kids, wife of a firefighter, and somehow was still anti-vaccination, just died from covid the other day. She was relatively healthy and wasn’t out of shape but had diabetes. she had a stroke.

Out of our whole department of around 100 people, she was one of the 3 people (all maga) who refused to get vaccinated after being asked numerous times.

get your vaccine people and try and persuade people to do so too. It’s so random how this virus will affect you. My pops made it when he shouldn’t have considering his health problems and age. He fought it over a months in the ICU and my coworker was gone in a matter of days and she was way healthier and almost half his age.

see I don’t even feel bad for people like this. Call me selfish and outdated but if someone wants to be dumb, they deserve the dumb horrible stuff that happens to them. Only people I feel bad about in this situation are her children. But with her gone, maybe they won’t turn into ignorant MAGAs themselves.

the **** boggles...here in Philly with a whopping THREE PERCENT of the city vaccinated, all the bars up and down the strip were packed.

elbow to elbow, good old times.

city health commissioner out here sounding like an anus, talking about "life must go on" and blaming excess street violence on fans not being able to attend Sixers games and IN THE SAME BREATH warning of a new surge because of a national-level weak vax program.

with all that weighing on my mind I just took my cheesesteak baos and box of wine to go and headed back to base, **** all that.

gotta get out of here after my shots...we lost.

45 minutes? Woodbridge?
sounds like Babylon or Brittanys :lol:
I was getting ready to say that might be Manassas

45 minutes was based off a quick Apple Maps search but it was Stafford,VA.

the **** boggles...here in Philly with a whopping THREE PERCENT of the city vaccinated, all the bars up and down the strip were packed.

elbow to elbow, good old times.

What strip/part of Philly was this? I was PMing another Philly NTer a few days ago and he told me that folks out there are wildin’. Large groups, no masks, indoor seating galore, etc. I just don’t get it. I miss going out as much as the next man but it’s not worth it to me to risk it all for nothing.

gotta get out of here after my shots...we lost.
Back to Mexico tho?
I just read an article about travelers from the US testing positive before flying home (no rules requiring negative test to go, but have to test negative to return) and having to stay in Mexican quarantine hotels before being allowed to go home.

45 minutes was based off a quick Apple Maps search but it was Stafford,VA.

What strip/part of Philly was this? I was PMing another Philly NTer a few days ago and he told me that folks out there are wildin’. Large groups, no masks, indoor seating galore, etc. I just don’t get it. I miss going out as much as the next man but it’s not worth it to me to risk it all for nothing.

Passyunk Ave, South Philly...you know how they get down over this side, I don't think I have to say any more than that.

Back to Mexico tho?
I just read an article about travelers from the US testing positive before flying home (no rules requiring negative test to go, but have to test negative to return) and having to stay in Mexican quarantine hotels before being allowed to go home.

my return is probably more of a May-June thing but as far as travel I can report directly...quarantine is a mere suggestion, you can get off the plane and go where you want immediately and if you insist you can do the same coming back.

in fact, I keep tabs on PV since I do plan to take my various jobs back at some point...like Tuesday or so some muppet asks one of those Facebook groups if he can still take his scheduled flight that day despite getting a positive test the day before.

the answer should be "hell *** no," but we both know it wasn't.

my early 2020 estimate of 2-5 years with this cluster**** leans more on the long side every day. we really lost.

My 40 year old coworker, who is an essential worker who treats covid patients everyday, is a mother of 5 kids, wife of a firefighter, and somehow was still anti-vaccination, just died from covid the other day. She was relatively healthy and wasn’t out of shape but had diabetes. she had a stroke.

Out of our whole department of around 100 people, she was one of the 3 people (all maga) who refused to get vaccinated after being asked numerous times.

get your vaccine people and try and persuade people to do so too. It’s so random how this virus will affect you. My pops made it when he shouldn’t have considering his health problems and age. He fought it over a month in the ICU and my coworker was gone in a matter of days and she was way healthier and over 30 years younger.
The thing that's sad is that the other two coworkers might still not be convinced. They might be like, 'you can't prove that covid caused that stroke'

you know what man it's Sunday I'm not doing ****...while I'm here let me highlight for history that the city's vaccination program is miles behind others in the country. a quick google of other top cities like LA and Chicago turn up rates hovering around 20 percent and NY for example has vaccinated 2 million people, which is more than the Philadelphia population.

my personal theory about why this is so centers on this Andrei Doroshin dude, a 22-year-old(!) Drexel grad who started 3D printing masks which is cool and all but then he shifted WAY out of his lane to focus on delivering the vaccine to the public.

his prior public outreach efforts include a failed GoFundMe and making videos for his daddy's business.

...but he talks a good game so hey, **** it.

surely this milk-sucking twerp can handle the largest public health campaign and civil crisis in living memory.

among the firms passed over was a group of experienced medical professionals led by a physician with specific expertise in vaccine distribution and disease prevention, decades of experience doing exactly this to lots of people on a regular basis.

it is literally called the Black Doctors Consortium.

instead they pick this mini-Musk mf, slick talking shyster talking out the side of his neck about "disruption" and "innovation."

edit:here's the meeting where they planned to use Meek Mill as an urban puppet...you can't make this **** up.

(I can't believe he still hasn't taken this video down!)

AND SO, signing a distribution contract with the city, he immediately proceeds to start grabbing extra vaccines for his friends and family, selling off bundles in backroom deals, and publicly sucking his own **** about what a ****ing genius he is.

they caught him out there at the end of January, and by then he had secured the bag and the vaccines, so they basically had to start all the way over from square one. of course he has not been arrested, why would you ask such a stupid *** question?

the headline here says it all:

After weeks of radio silence, Philly Fighting COVID’s Andrei Doroshin surfaced Tuesday afternoon in a brief email addressed to “donors.” Though framed as an apology, the start-up CEO did not elaborate on what he was sorry for.

In the note, Doroshin said he would focus on “money owed” and “recovering the good of our names.” He pointed to unnamed “minor administrative decisions” that he described as the “fodder that was needed for competitors and other groups that did not share our interests to shut us down and personally discredit me and my team.”

The City of Philadelphia cut off Philly Fighting COVID’s vaccine supply after WHYY News and Billy Penn revealed the group had abandoned its community testing obligations and pivoted to a for-profit model with a privacy policy that would allow the company to sell user data. It was later revealed that Doroshin took vaccine doses home from PFC’s Pennsylvania Convention Center clinic, even after turning patients away.

tl;dr: the 4th or 5th largest city in the US stands the chance at a customized Philly Variant because leaders got drunk on WP.

it is a microcosm of America as a whole.

I...just...

dawg.

Last edited:
Well it's clear now that we're seeing a fourth wave. How high will it go? Will we see a rise in hospitalizations and deaths as well?

It's worth noting that the unmitigated R0 from last spring was between 3 to 6. (it's estimated to have been 6.4 in NYC before lockdown last year). With restrictions, masks, and changes in behavior, it's been between 0.7 and 1.3 for most of the past year. Vaccines can reduce it (I'd guess by 5-fold to 50-fold), but this effect is minimal if only 25% of the population is vaccinated. A return to pre-pandemic behavior now means that R0 will shoot up to high levels. The R0 of 6.4 means we'd need to vaccinate at least 80% of the population to get to a point where we could reopen fully without causing another surge.

The vaccine will help early on (i.e. this spring) if we maintain restrictions. If instead we relax restrictions too soon (which we're doing now), we will see this surge. I've been saying we should wait until late April or May because by then we'll have a high percent of the population vaccinated and the weather means most activities will be outdoors.

But we didn't want to wait and we wanted to preserve our precious spring break tradition of exchanging STIs and respiratory viruses.

Also I'm referring to spread and not mortality. By targeting vaccinations early on, we've hopefully protected enough people to avoid any surge in deaths. But if we allow for uncontrolled spread, we will see more variants and we risk something that could evade the immune response and cause harm to the vulnerable. Unfortunately it's hard to get this message out clearly because it's a bit complicated to explain both that the vaccine is great but also it doesn't mean we can go back to normal right away but also it will get us back to normal if we are patient.

Last edited:
states where cases are rising:

Screenshot_20210328-172441.png

source: https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS/USA-TRENDS/dgkvlgkrkpb/

Not to sound like a wacko, but how can texas and Oklahoma and Arizona have higher levels of reopenings/ lessening of restrictions and their cases are dropping (I guess for now?). No one wants to follow science when red states prove there’s no stopping it no matter what you do. And then the northeast is surging. Is this from spring breakers? Or maybe it’s still weather related as we turn to patio seating almost exclusively.

My state is wedged between wide open vaguely masked states and we’re doing worse. I want to follow science but many refuse to acknowledge some of what’s happening. Both sides are agenda driven imho.

Not to sound like a wacko, but how can texas and Oklahoma and Arizona have higher levels of reopenings/ lessening of restrictions and their cases are dropping (I guess for now?). No one wants to follow science when red states prove there’s no stopping it no matter what you do. And then the northeast is surging. Is this from spring breakers? Or maybe it’s still weather related as we turn to patio seating almost exclusively.

Partially it has to do with population density. We are much mroe densely populated in the northeast. We also rely on public transportation at a higher rate because the Northeast is pretty well developed in that departments compared to the rest of the country.

Now remember, Florida gotexposed for under reporting numbers by a former doctor in charge of that task force. Don’t underestimate the massaging of numbers to make it seem fine.

true. I almost don’t believe Arizona and Oklahoma. Both went from top 5 surge states to being some of the lowest In The usa

I tend to look at the nytimes covid data

they have a 7-14 day per capita tracker and the northeast is surging hard (including Vermont).

I know last year they had cell phone data from spring breakers and we got to see where they ended up back home. Are we close to that surge happening?

I’m not anti mask or antivax. I just like truth data. Some say they follow data and all accounts show a true decline, but they don’t want to lift any restrictions because states 1500 miles away have a spike. Many states are waiting for a few surge to maybe happen.
My states been one of the most strict in lockdowns and mandates (we still are), but we’re sitting historically closest to our population/density, but sit top 14 in deaths per capita. One could argue it’s been a bit scattered or random

R0 indicates how much the virus spreads. 2 means if you have it, you give it to 2 people. For covid, it takes about 5 days to pass on. So after 5 days, 2 people are infected. At 10 days, it's 4 people. And so on. After 40 days, that's 256.

At the start of the pandemic, R0 was 6 in NYC but maybe 2 in Texas (just eyeballing these numbers for the sake of illustration). That means after 40 days Texas will have the 256 cases. NYC would have 1.7 million cases.

How do you even begin to compare the two?

Given that, we have been hovering around an R0 of 1 for much of the last year. That's due to restrictions + masks + wfh + public awareness and social distancing. But it doesn't take much to increase the R0 and start to see a spread of virus. Even the Dakotas, despite being much better positioned than NYC, can and did see an outbreak because they relaxed too hard. At this point, there's so much covid that an R0 of 2 is bad because we're not starting with 1 case. We're starting with 500,000 across the country. We don't have the luxury of relaxing all the way. All this debate is about trying to thread the needle with an R0 near 1.

Anyway, I hope it's clear now why someplace like oklahoma could get away with fewer restrictions than someplace like NYC:

256 vs 1.7 million

Makes sense. It just feels like Oklahoma gets a bad rep when in reality, they aren’t even within the same realm as NY. Not all states are created equal and many refuse to realize that. Generic thresholds have been set by many states for almost a year now.
If we can understand why OK is open and thriving and it’s not their fault, the sooner we can balance it all out.

It’s not to the credit, and not to their fault. Understanding that is quite the concept.

My state is wedged between wide open vaguely masked states and we’re doing worse. I want to follow science but many refuse to acknowledge some of what’s happening. Both sides are agenda driven imho.
People can claim population density, but that still doesn't explain why these states are DROPPING after removing the mask mandates and fully opening. Texas cases should be completely out of control 3 weeks into removing the mandate.

Meanwhile, NY is surging despite millions being vaccinated. As we are approaching 1/3 vaccinated adults, it doesn't seem like it's effective whatsoever in slowing down the spread. Perhaps vaccines aren't effective for strains going around in the north.

Meanwhile, NY is surging despite millions being vaccinated. As we are approaching 1/3 vaccinated adults, it doesn't seem like it's effective whatsoever in slowing down the spread. Perhaps vaccines aren't effective for strains going around in the north.

Are vaccinated people the ones testing positive? If so, are they actually getting sick? I’m skeptical based on the data I’ve seen so far. NY test positivity remains fairly low to call it a surge, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom