Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are vaccinated people the ones testing positive? If so, are they actually getting sick? I’m skeptical based on the data I’ve seen so far. NY test positivity remains fairly low to call it a surge, IMO.
Not sure if data is available about vaccinated vs non vaccinated, but positivity rates are up half a percent since March 1st trending upward. It's definitely spreading faster week by week.

Cmon buddy.

NJ, NY, and many others are 7 times higher than states that are wide open. Cases per capita, the NE is looking suspect.

Admittedly, I look at those daily update charts that 160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep posts and have noted that NY seems to have leveled out hospitalization rates and the test positivity remains under 5%, but don't follow the daily cases too closely. New infections appear to have spiked over the past week, likely as a result of restrictions being lifted and people changing their behavior thinking the worst is over. I fear it will only get worse as spring breakers bring home unwelcome souvenirs. Even in CA it seems indoor dining is back with a vengeance and we all know what that is likely to cause. People can't wait to get back to normal but it still hasn't sunk in that the old normal is gone.

Got notification from my county that they received my registration to get the test. Now just waiting.

Is there a difference between the two doses or are they identical?

Identical for the 2 dose vaccines approved so far. The only one I know for sure is different is the Russian (Sputnik V) that uses 2 separate adenovirus vectors to deliver the vaccine to your cells. If they used the same vector, your immune system would likely recognize it from the first dose and destroy the vaccine before it has a chance to take effect. J&J uses similar technology and will likely have to do the same if they end up going with the 2 dose regimen.

the **** boggles...here in Philly with a whopping THREE PERCENT of the city vaccinated, all the bars up and down the strip were packed.

elbow to elbow, good old times.

city health commissioner out here sounding like an anus, talking about "life must go on" and blaming excess street violence on fans not being able to attend Sixers games and IN THE SAME BREATH warning of a new surge because of a national-level weak vax program.

with all that weighing on my mind I just took my cheesesteak baos and box of wine to go and headed back to base, **** all that.

gotta get out of here after my shots...we lost.

I haven’t been perfect-I’ve been going out with my girlfriend to have some sense of “normalcy” these days. However, we book outdoor reservations at restaurants during off hours when there’s absolutely no one there or we can have multiple tables in between us and other people. NYE was cold out here in Chicago, but we got an outdoor table with heaters and pretty much had the entire block to ourselves :lol:

if a place is crowded or gets crowded, we keep/put our masks on,take our food to go, and eat at a park or near the river. There’s no lack of space in the U.S. so it surprises me that people think distancing isn’t possible. The packed fake-outdoor COVID party structures throughout the city baffle me, but whatever. Let them die; we’ll just keep doing what we’re doing

Not to sound like a wacko, but how can texas and Oklahoma and Arizona have higher levels of reopenings/ lessening of restrictions and their cases are dropping (I guess for now?). No one wants to follow science when red states prove there’s no stopping it no matter what you do. And then the northeast is surging. Is this from spring breakers? Or maybe it’s still weather related as we turn to patio seating almost exclusively.

My state is wedged between wide open vaguely masked states and we’re doing worse. I want to follow science but many refuse to acknowledge some of what’s happening. Both sides are agenda driven imho.
You really like to cherry-pick to whine about ****

Seriously dude, just move to Texas

Back
Top Bottom