Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

davechapelle-cool.gif

Religious exemption? Not if you’re catholic!

Im in Poland right now for a family issue and the amount of rogue catholic priests that are saying to their congregations not to take the vaccine is sickening here. I’m not shocked Francis said that because he is a Jesuit and they are the most progressive and pro science of all the catholic priest denominations. I still don’t know if this moves the needle on some Catholics because a portion of the followers hate the progressiveness of Jesuits and how Francis has been public about it.

Text from an old co-worker.
She left our school (Public) and went to a new Charter School (Montessori)

We had a session today about the DC health guidance, and my takeaway is that it’s unlikely a whole school would go virtual, and even a classroom (unless there are significant changes—this is from august 6th). But basically, even if someone was positive, if them and people around them were wearing their mask properly, only the positive student would need to quarantine. And vaccinated people won’t need to quarantine. I found it very interesting

Text from an old co-worker.
She left our school (Public) and went to a new Charter School (Montessori)

We had a session today about the DC health guidance, and my takeaway is that it’s unlikely a whole school would go virtual, and even a classroom (unless there are significant changes—this is from august 6th). But basically, even if someone was positive, if them and people around them were wearing their mask properly, only the positive student would need to quarantine. And vaccinated people won’t need to quarantine. I found it very interesting

That seems reasonable, right? I bet their numbers are going down…
EB4EBB19-3548-419F-8D8F-8A837ECEBA62.jpeg

They currently have more active cases than they did in the first wave?!?!?

Last edited:
It's comical how old people believe anything they see on fb and young people believe anything on tik tok. I watched this story about how girls were stabbing their faces and then putting ink in the wounds because tiktok showed them it was cool to give themselves freckles. So dumb.

Good lord, I really lost faith in humanity. Yeesh

Also, **** Greg Abbot!

Man wtf was China trying to do by starting all this covid mess?! Were they trying to kill the world or something? Life is annoying AF right now.

Abbot getting Covid while being vaccinated, yet doing every thing to lift various restrictions, including barring places from having liquor licenses if they require patrons to be vaccinated is some true shameful scum *** ****. The tree that fell on him years ago should’ve finished the job.

I wish covid would send hot wheels on a one way ticket to hell. But sadly he has access to the top medical treatment possible. My only wish is that tree could’ve landed a little higher that fateful day his dumbass decided to go for a jog right after a severe thunderstorm.

Inside Edition was showing a bunch of white parents looking like they're about to riot at a tennessee school board meeting because of mask mandates. As school officials tried to leave, parents followed them to the parking lot and yelling they'll find where they live and go after them. If I had a concealed carry, all those parents would have bulletholes through their genitals.

It’s important for us to put into context what vaccines are intended to do, which has not changed. These vaccines contain instructions for our own cells to create spike proteins in order to train the immune system to recognize when it sees that spike in the future. They simply cannot create a shield around our mucous membranes to keep viral particles out. We are still vulnerable to virus entering our bodies and infecting our cells, at which time the immune system should recognize the spike, mount a response and neutralize the virus. During this time, we will have viral RNA in our nasopharynx that can be detected by tests and can therefore test positive. The spike protein has changed slightly from the original strain to Delta, so it may take a little bit longer for the immune system to recognize it (think of an acquaintance you haven’t seen in a while who has now grown a beard), so during this time you might feel some symptoms. However, it should clear the virus before it causes severe illness, and real world statistics show this is happening in most cases. However, not all immune systems are equal and some people may end up in the hospital and a small amount of people will inevitably die. The vaccine is like a slice of Swiss cheese with some small holes. It is only one layer of imperfect protection, and the more layers of Swiss cheese (mask, distancing, hand hygiene, etc) the more overlapping protection you get. Another good example I’ve heard is thinking of the vaccine as an umbrella. In a Delta rainstorm your shoes might still get wet, or you could add rain boots (mask), maybe a waterproof jacket (distancing), etc. but the more protection the better and you certainly wouldn’t just throw out the umbrella (anti-vax) because your shoes were going to get wet anyway.

It’s important for us to put into context what vaccines are intended to do, which has not changed. These vaccines contain instructions for our own cells to create spike proteins in order to train the immune system to recognize when it sees that spike in the future. They simply cannot create a shield around our mucous membranes to keep viral particles out. We are still vulnerable to virus entering our bodies and infecting our cells, at which time the immune system should recognize the spike, mount a response and neutralize the virus. During this time, we will have viral RNA in our nasopharynx that can be detected by tests and can therefore test positive. The spike protein has changed slightly from the original strain to Delta, so it may take a little bit longer for the immune system to recognize it (think of an acquaintance you haven’t seen in a while who has now grown a beard), so during this time you might feel some symptoms. However, it should clear the virus before it causes severe illness, and real world statistics show this is happening in most cases. However, not all immune systems are equal and some people may end up in the hospital and a small amount of people will inevitably die. The vaccine is like a slice of Swiss cheese with some small holes. It is only one layer of imperfect protection, and the more layers of Swiss cheese (mask, distancing, hand hygiene, etc) the more overlapping protection you get. Another good example I’ve heard is thinking of the vaccine as an umbrella. In a Delta rainstorm your shoes might still get wet, or you could add rain boots (mask), maybe a waterproof jacket (distancing), etc. but the more protection the better and you certainly wouldn’t just throw out the umbrella (anti-vax) because your shoes were going to get wet anyway.

Everything you say is true, but it may not translate well to the general public. Realistically, this will embolden anti-vaxxers who will seize upon the “declining effectiveness” in the news article titles. I can even imagine ghouls like DeSantis using this as a justification to push harder for Regeneron. The best case scenario is that this scares more people to get vaccinated. What an absolute mess of a situation.

Last edited:
How soon before Epsilon strain comes out?

Hate to be the one to break it…but it’s already a thing.
C0A1A012-DE79-410E-A4A1-D2985A50A9D4.jpeg

Here’s a variant tracker:

There’s actually a lot of variations, it’s in essence evolving when it multiplies. Most mutations make it less effective, every once and a while, the mutation confers an advantage. Really no different to how humans have evolved to have two eyes and ten fingers. Other mutations/variations of that didn’t confer an evolutionary advantage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom