Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mine is not a hypothetical situation, it is real life.
You have a real-life example of anti-vaxxers quitting a job because the Labor Department forced a company to have their unvaccinated tested weekly. And resulting in the business owner losing their livelihood because they were unable to find replacements...

Weeks before the Labor Department even put the rule in place?

For some reason, I find this hard to believe. Given how time works

Last edited:
I’m not even talking corporate America. But these retail outlets barely paying above minimum wage. Lots of part time work is just doomed for so many. They are paycheck to paycheck and one missed day could hurt them for the next 2-3 weeks. I guess in your instance where your coworker had sick days and misused them, rat those people out. But for millions of Americans, and some of the hardest hit during the pandemic, they have no choice but to show up for work. Many others had it made working from home and telling everyone else to follow the rules and mandates. Others buckled up and went to work at their crappy jobs. Some workplaces have covid pay. But not nearly enough.

I do wonder when testing will stop being free? Some use it as a convenience to be get the shot.

it sucks how people are programmed to work while sick. Partly due to them thinking that’s normal. Also due to them living paycheck to paycheck.

When I was a manager at one of my old jobs. I had some of my employees throw tantrums because I would send them home if they were sick. If you’re legitimately sick to where it’s clearly obvious you’re sick. I don’t want your contagious *** around me, my coworkers, or the customers.

I would let them use their sick hours or any pto they had accumulated so they would still get paid if they wanted to use it, I also gave them option to pick up an extra day on their off days if they didn’t want to use their pto or sick hours. But some would flip out talking about I was dictating and controlling how they used their sick time and pto.

You have a real-life example of anti-vaxxers quitting a job because the Labor Department forced a company to have their unvaccinated tested weekly. And resulting in the business owner losing their livelihood because they were unable to find replacements...

Weeks before the Labor Department even put the rule in place

For some reason, I find this hard to believe. Given how time works
I'm a business owner who would be directly impacted if this rule is put in place. That's about all I feel comfortable saying on here.

I'm a business owner who would be directly impacted if this rule is put in place. That's about all I feel comfortable saying on here.
You own a business with over 100 employees?

Secondly, if you want to put your own personal financial situation ahead of fighting the pandemic, cool. I got no issue with you making that choice and doing so.

No shade, but I don't have to though. And IMO neither should Biden

My company finally announced mandated vaccines to go to the office or client sites. November 1st as the officially date. Not shocked as Deloitte announced about 2 weeks back. Just following what the biggest company in our sector is doing.

You own a business with over 100 employees?

Secondly, if you want to put your own personal pockets ahead of fighting the pandemic. Cool, I got no issue with you making that choice and doing so.

I don't have to though, and IMO neither should Biden

It's not about putting my own pockets ahead of fighting the pandemic. It would be considering the livelihoods of over 300 employees we employ. These are primarily individuals who work outdoors for whom we have supplied quality masks and have N95's available upon request. We are already short handed and in this labor market you don't want to give people a reason to look elsewhere. To be clear, I'm not against mandating vaccination, but I don't think we're at that point yet where it makes sense for every situation. It's typical government overreach to place the burden on business owners instead of perhaps saying that they won't send these golden ticket child tax credit advances unless people show proof of vaccination.

I agree. They need to stop putting the burden on businesses. Give a tax break or other sweeteners to encourage people to get the vaccine vs making already hurt businesses go even further.
It's not about putting my own pockets ahead of fighting the pandemic. It would be considering the livelihoods of over 300 employees we employ. These are primarily individuals who work outdoors for whom we have supplied quality masks and have N95's available upon request. We are already short handed and in this labor market you don't want to give people a reason to look elsewhere. To be clear, I'm not against mandating vaccination, but I don't think we're at that point yet where it makes sense for every situation. It's typical government overreach to place the burden on business owners instead of perhaps saying that they won't send these golden ticket child tax credit advances unless people show proof of vaccination.

Sorry but this is completely unconvincing for me.

This is about putting your own pockets ahead of the pandemic. Your said employers won't be able to replace anti-vax employees, so they will fold. So it seems to me that your concern is with caring about your financial situation being negatively hurt.

Furthermore, you work in a business that has a high demand for your product. So you are telling me that your staff is out here supplying mask, yet depends on a few antivaxers leaving will cause it to fold. Ummm, that is hard to believe but ok I guess,. Or was mentioning the mask suppose to make me feel it is important you stay in business. Seems kinda irrelevant.

I mean even if I bought this, I would feel bad for your vaccinated employees that would lose a job if your company folded but like you pointed out, the labor market is good for job seekers right now. So really, it comes off to me that I should not support this because I should care about your multi-million dollar company going under.

Again, it is your company so put it first, I got no issue with that. My heart is not cold to people that will be unconvinced. But this just seems like some rent-seeking steez to me. That you are cool to fight the pandemic as long as it doesn't hurt you. On a macro level, not a very appealing argument. If I operate out of self-interest like you are, it makes me support this mandate more actually. I'm over my life being held up by selfish personal freedom types.

Plus you want a mandate, but for other people to be squeezed. :lol: Sorry but this type of stuff just echoes the NIMBY stuff I here at townhalls. Sure you support something, but make sure I am not affected in any way. As an economist doing cost-benefit take on this, and private citizen that wants to get past this, simply can't rock with this position.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is completely unconvincing for me.

This is about putting your own pockets ahead of the pandemic. Your said employers won't be able to replace anti-vax employees, so they will fold. So it seems to me that your concern is with caring about your financial situation being negatively hurt.

Furthermore, you work in a business that has a high demand for your product. So you are telling me that your staff is out here supplying mask, yet depends on a few antivaxers leaving will cause it to fold. Ummm, ok. Or was mentioning the mask suppose to make me feel it is important you stay in business. Seems kinda irrelevant.

I mean even if I bought this, I would feel bad for your vaccinated employees that would lose a job if your company folded but like you pointed out, the labor market is good for job seekers right now. So really, it comes off to me that I should not support this because I should care about your multi-million dollar company going under

Again, it is your company so put it first, I got no issue with that. But this just seems like some rent-seeking steez to me. That you are cool to fight the pandemic as long as it doesn't hurt you. On a macro level, not a very appealing argument. If I operate out of self-interest like you are, it makes me support this mandate more actually. I'm over my life being held up by selfish personal freedom types.

Plus you want a mandate, but for other people to be squeezed. :lol: Sorry but this type of stuff just echoes the NIMBY stuff I here at townhalls. As an economist and private citizen that wants to get past this, simply can't rock with it.

-Famb I hope you have disclosed with info before, and have not linked to any of your company's pages. Because if you have been linking to your company's products in here, without disclosing your interest, that is kinda messed up and probably violated NT's rules

I did not say we make masks. We have supplied our employees with quality masks. I'm not arguing with you. Respectfully, you have no idea what you're talking about.

That's easy to say when you aren't a business owner who will also lose their livelihood if you don't have enough employees.

I understand to an extent, and I don’t have the answers sway, but I’m sick and tired of these selfish people who have zero regard for others. Maybe I’m a little more heated about it today following the situation with my work.

I did not say we make masks. We have supplied our employees with quality masks. I'm not arguing with you. Respectfully, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Sorry, that part about the mask confused me.

Respectfully. Yes I don't know the specifics about your business other than what you claim. But this is not about your company to me. It is to you, but not me.

But also respectfully, I think I know enough to not put the interest of a one multi-million dollar company ahead of fighting this pandemic.

I mean I definitely don't wish your compnay's future is put in danger. I wish you all the best, but I think this move is necessary at this point.

Sorry, that part about the mask confused me.

Respectfully. Yes I don't know the specifics about your business other than what you claim. But this is not about your company to me. It is to you, but not me.

But also respectfully, I think I know enough to not put the interest of a one multi-million dollar company ahead of fighting this pandemic.

I mean I definitely don't wish your compnay's future is put in danger. I wish you all the best, but I think this move is necessary at this point.

Agree to disagree. I will make no assumptions about your life, but you sure make alot of assumptions about mine without really knowing anything. It's ok to be on the same team and not be the same. Respect.

Agree to disagree. I will make no assumptions about your life, but you sure make alot of assumptions about mine without really knowing anything. It's ok to be on the same team and not be the same. Respect.
I don't think I have made any assumptions about your life, beyond the mistake of thinking your company sell masks.

But yeah, agree to disagree

Trying to buy some KF94's for a 12 year old... Are the ones labeled "kids" for like toddlers? Because they all show little kids on the photos.

Trying to buy some KF94's for a 12 year old... Are the ones labeled "kids" for like toddlers? Because they all show little kids on the photos.
Generally they will be labeled size Small. Which ones are you looking at? FWIW, I like BOTN, Blue, and BluNa the best. Do you have any of those BOTN medium left? It would be a good test fit.

*I DO NOT OWN A MASK MANUFACTURING COMPANY*

I think you make some good points. Do you think the option for weekly testing would cure some of the issues? If so, is that something you think you’d be interested in funding for the employees as a business owner?

Interested in your perspective.

I think you make some good points. Do you think the option for weekly testing would cure some of the issues? If so, is that something you think you’d be interested in funding for the employees as a business owner?

Interested in your perspective.
As with many countries doing much better with COVID than America, I think rapid tests should be available for FREE to anyone who wants them and should be provided to businesses for ALL employees to test at least 1x per week. I would much rather see this as part of the government's strategy than just pushing it on business owners to deal with. There are some people who assume every business that employs more than 100 people is a multi-million dollar company and that simply is not the case.

He’s been hypothetical and assumption making for many months now. Back to ignoring him. He’s never wrong. I could be living in a shack with a 200% loss of income from
Generic mandates, but they were for the better good.

Generally they will be labeled size Small. Which ones are you looking at? FWIW, I like BOTN, Blue, and BluNa the best. Do you have any of those BOTN medium left? It would be a good test fit.

*I DO NOT OWN A MASK MANUFACTURING COMPANY*
Yep I have a ton of the size medium's but I think they may be too big. The problem with all the other ones is that they are labeled small-kids but look like they're being advertised for toddlers. So I'm kind od stuck in the middle.

He’s been hypothetical and assumption making for many months now. Back to ignoring him. He’s never wrong. I could be living in a shack with a 200% loss of income from
Generic mandates, but they were for the better good.
You were whining about not be able to get into a damn supermarket at your convince

Every few days another rant about the lockdowns annoying you, and talking about how red states have fewer restrictions and look how they are doing

With seemingly tons of entitlement, you ranted and ranted about how the leaders in your state were trying to keep folk alive. Now the places you pointed to are in shambles, and now you are complaining about the unvaccinated people holding you up

And when the switch came I didn't end say anything to you. Observable reality proved your previous nonsense jumped the gun

But yeah, I'm the bad guy because I didn't let you get your crybaby nonsense off in a manner you liked

Spare me.

I simply think fighting the pandemic is more important than some hypothetical regarding dude's company

Last edited:
As with many countries doing much better with COVID than America, I think rapid tests should be available for FREE to anyone who wants them and should be provided to businesses for ALL employees to test at least 1x per week. I would much rather see this as part of the government's strategy than just pushing it on business owners to deal with. There are some people who assume every business that employs more than 100 people is a multi-million dollar company and that simply is not the case.
If this is a reference to me, I called your company a multi-million dollar company because even if you were paying minimum wage, to support 300 full-time workers your revenue would have to be over 4 million dollars just for wages. I did that because it was the best way to establish a floor without me know the salaries of your workers, full vs part-time mix, and benefits packages. Plus this is completely dismissing another operational cost.

And I said that because you said this...
It's not about putting my own pockets ahead of fighting the pandemic. It would be considering the livelihoods of over 300 employees we employ.

If you think I am wrong to say that because you believe the company's market value is below 2 million, then fine. If you want to say I don't know what kind of liabilities your company has, that's fair.

But it was not based on a pure assumption about your life. or companies with over 100 employees generally. I said that based off what you said, and commonly known information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom