Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
covid-19 turning NYC into SF.

nyc was slowly going into the crapper in the past few years coronavirus only accelerated it

i cant believe this guy and he's a doctor in the bronx one of the hardest hit areas in nyc

nyc was slowly going into the crapper in the past few years coronavirus only accelerated it

i cant believe this guy and he's a doctor in the bronx

I read the whole article. I was confused about his last paragraph where he said non-essential workers going back to work will help essential workers in the hospital.

He wrote this:

Standing up to this virus can’t be the job of essential workers only. We’ve been strong, but we’re tired, and we need the rest of you to help us. By getting back to work.

I legit, don't understand this.

I also don't understand how he thinks we're developing herd immunity already.

I read the whole article. I was confused about his last paragraph where he said non-essential workers going back to work will help essential workers in the hospital.

He wrote this:

I legit, don't understand this.

I also don't understand how he thinks we're developing herd immunity already.

this doctor sounds like the type of guy who likes to hear himself talk

makes no damn sense

there are 35,398 cases in the bronx as of today

I think going back to work in phases with the least vulnerable going in first makes sense to me, continue social distancing, masks, general good hygiene. Start bringing people back in waves from least vulnerable to most.
Go in 2 week increments, giving each wave a chance to infect each other and get symptoms. Keep a close eye on cases/hospitalizations, if the curve is trending high, don't let the next wave go back to work until stable.
If any symptoms, quarantine at home until tested. Paid.
Pre-existing conditions and elderly are back last with the idea that herd immunity has been established.

I think going back to work in phases with the least vulnerable going in first makes sense to me, continue social distancing, masks, general good hygiene. Start bringing people back in waves from least vulnerable to most.
Go in 2 week increments, giving each wave a chance to infect each other and get symptoms. Keep a close eye on cases/hospitalizations, if the curve is trending high, don't let the next wave go back to work until stable.
Pre-existing conditions and elderly are back last with the idea that herd immunity has been established.

Quick question? Do you fall in the most vulnerable or least? I only ask as I would want your opinion on having to return to work if you were in the most vulnerable category. I'm 43, in pretty decent health, 6" 182, but dealing with severe Crohn's disease at the present. BUT, the kicker, I'm a transplant patient. Had a liver transplant 10/7/03. I will tell you that there is ZERO chance of getting me to go back to work until a vaccine or some time of medication to fight this become available.

For work, I deal with the public daily. I'm in auto sales. Now yes, they are tanking in historical numbers, but some people will still come out and buy one. Currently my state has us only available via online. But lucky for me (and this was dumb luck) I took a 3 month short term disability leave (paid) due to the Crohn's (was using the restroom between 20-40 times daily). It's up after May 1st. I have to decide on trying to extend it longer or sign up for the unemployment plus the $600 my state gives weekly (couldn't sign up when they furloughed my co-workers in late March as you can't double dip.

I know eventually they will open up the showrooms again to customers and again there is NO CHANGE of me being there with the possibility of catching this. You can't show a car being 6 feet from a customer. While healthy people have died, if I catch it, I'm pretty much dead as I have no immune system. Not going to put my wife through the stress of me working and her wondering if someone comes in who is a carrier.

My thing, and it's a pipedream bacause the administration is a bleeping joke, would be to keep the $600 per week Coronavirus extra pay going for ANYONE who is high risk as long as they get a letter from their doctor., until a vaccine or cure is created and available. And I know, some consider themselves high risk not due to medical issues (overweight, or smoking, etc). Sadly, not everyone would qualify. But if you can provide a medical letter signed by the doctor, they should continue to pay until a vaccine is available. If that takes till next year, so be it. The government was keen on bailing out all these companies like airlines and cruise companies, and giving them millions. Same with letting publicly traded companies get the government loans when they should have not been eligible (L.A.Lakers took it then gave back after word got out. Seriously, they are worth $4B!). The small companies needed it, not freaking Ruth's Chris steakhouse! That's my take.

Last edited:
Interesting article as this group may have a vaccine out in the U.K. and Europe as early as September and possibly November in the States if the greed of pharmaceutical companies gets put aside for once.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/27/world/europe/coronavirus-vaccine-update-oxford.html

In the worldwide race for a vaccine to stop the coronavirus, the laboratory sprinting fastest is at Oxford University.
Most other teams have had to start with small clinical trials of a few hundred participants to demonstrate safety. But scientists at the university’s Jenner Institute had a head start on a vaccine, having proved in previous trials that similar inoculations — including one last year against an earlier coronavirus — were harmless to humans.

A lot of people don’t know they’re high risk until it’s too late, especially considering everyone doesn’t have insurance to go to the doctor regularly.

In addition for those of us who can truly do 100% of our job from home (which is more than I thought. apparently) it makes no sense for any of us to go back in until there’s a solid plan. I’ll be damned if I’m heading back into the office with mask and gloves when I could be sitting in the safety of my home being just as productive.

Quick question? Do you fall in the most vulnerable or least? I only ask as I would want your opinion on having to return to work if you were in the most vulnerable category. I'm 43, in pretty decent health, 6" 182, but dealing with severe Crohn's disease at the present. BUT, the kicker, I'm a transplant patient. Had a liver transplant 10/7/03. I will tell you that there is ZERO chance of getting me to go back to work until a vaccine or some time of medication to fight this become available.

For work, I deal with the public daily. I'm in auto sales. Now yes, they are tanking in historical numbers, but some people will still come out and buy one. Currently my state has us only available via online. But lucky for me (and this was dumb luck) I took a 3 month short term disability leave (paid) due to the Crohn's (was using the restroom between 20-40 times daily). It's up after May 1st. I have to decide on trying to extend it longer or sign up for the unemployment plus the $600 my state gives weekly (couldn't sign up when they furloughed my co-workers in late March as you can't double dip.

I know eventually they will open up the showrooms again to customers and again there is NO CHANGE of me being there with the possibility of catching this. You can't show a car being 6 feet from a customer. While healthy people have died, if I catch it, I'm pretty much dead as I have no immune system. Not going to put my wife through the stress of me working and her wondering if someone comes in who is a carrier.

My thing, and it's a pipedream bacause the administration is a bleeping joke, would be to keep the $600 per week Coronavirus extra pay going for ANYONE who is high risk as long as they get a letter from their doctor., until a vaccine or cure is created and available. And I know, some consider themselves high risk not due to medical issues (overweight, or smoking, etc). Sadly, not everyone would qualify. But if you can provide a medical letter signed by the doctor, they should continue to pay until a vaccine is available. If that takes till next year, so be it. The government was keen on bailing out all these companies like airlines and cruise companies, and giving them millions. Same with letting publicly traded companies get the government loans when they should have not been eligible (L.A.Lakers took it then gave back after word got out. Seriously, they are worth $4B!). The small companies needed it, not freaking Ruth's Chris steakhouse! That's my take.
I'm in the least vulnerable group. I think you should consider pursuing jobs where you can do at home or online as best you can. Tough situation, but you have some time to look at least.
A lot of people don’t know they’re high risk until it’s too late, especially considering everyone doesn’t have insurance to go to the doctor regularly.

In addition for those of us who can truly do 100% of our job from home (which is more than I thought. apparently) it makes no sense for any of us to go back in until there’s a solid plan. I’ll be damned if I’m heading back into the office with mask and gloves when I could be sitting in the safety of my home being just as productive.
good points. There should be a push to do more work from home and online.

There's a decent portion of population <35 years old who is relatively healthy that could get us close to herd immunity.

New Zealand pretty much eradicated covid19. Just to show discipline works.

Extremely strict policies though
- police monitoring everywhere
- only allowed to be out around your property for a short time per day for exercise
- limited time to be out to gather essentials per day

Today I took report from a nurse who recovered from covid and gave report to another nurse who recovered from covid.

Both seem fine, like they were never sick

One told me he was only sick for a few days and was fine after that. The other one needed the full two weeks to get better.

9730BFA1-04A3-4F8A-9820-08849DB2D8F9.jpeg

I know some people had been asking and god damn. That’s rough.

What in the Hell?!?!

Pretty disturbing and messed up isn't it? Why they even applied is just wrong on so many levels.

I'm in the least vulnerable group. I think you should consider pursuing jobs where you can do at home or online as best you can. Tough situation, but you have some time to look at least.

Thanks for the reply buddy. Believe me, I've been doing this job for over 23 years now (started when j was 20). I got into it because I'm a car guy. And the cars are what has helped me stick through it for all these years. But it's just not the same anymore. When the price is already fixed (below invoice on basically every new vehicle) we get a $150 flat on every car. And that is before tax. You gotta sell a lot of cars to even make a decent living monthly.

The time and stress isn't worth it. I was going to look for something new while I was out but with the pandemic, so many people lost their jobs and most places aren't hiring right now. Wish I can say I love my job. I did at one point but the luster has work off, sadly. 😞

Back
Top Bottom