Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just got laid off from work after my shift tonight. I work as a sous-chef. Shout out to all the restaurant people here.

I work on the accounting side and the term they used was furlough. Employees still have their benefits covered til the next month but who knows if there will be a job.

Know many restaurant owners that had to make that tough call to lay off their staff

National guard being deployed to help with hospitals is what I’ve heard. But that also means when **** really pops off they’ll be there already in place. But it’s more than just grocery stores and liquor stores. Lots of essential businesses still allowed to be open like repairs (car and home), off site medical, vets, things like that. But Cali is getting real. Statewide law issued that $1,000 fines can be issued to individuals not social distancing and public gathering.

Yeah right now they are saying to help out healthcare workers and helping get food to folks while also bringing in USS mercy ship but like you said they’ll be here for other things when they pop off! I’m sure they will pop off soon. A lot of people aggy right now. LA bout to look like the hood during the LA riots. National guard on horses patrolling and enforcing curfews.

Exactly. A lot of them have traveled recently prob somewhere foreign (Europe and Asia are usually high on their list) in the last month or so then come back to work bedside with patients so yeah the probability of them outchea spreading it unknowingly is high!
That's certainly a possibility, can't rule that out

But the original convo was about possibly contracting the disease at work, and instead of being excused, having to continue to work (unless symptomatic) because of staffing demands at the hospital

I never really thought much of rns traveling for leisure. I'm a nurse myself and I've only traveled overseas once in the 8 years I've been working 🤣

Exactly. A lot of them have traveled recently prob somewhere foreign (Europe and Asia are usually high on their list) in the last month or so then come back to work bedside with patients so yeah the probability of them outchea spreading it unknowingly is high!

If you got any symptoms and are coming to work you have to go through occupational health first. They test you for Covid-19 (paid leave while waiting for your test results) before you can work at my hospital. Tested awhile back anyone who traveled abroad coming back.

If you feel remotely sick, you take 2 weeks off w/ paid leave. Why would you go to work and infect people when you can sit at home and get paid?

Last edited:
Man I go back to work today. Nervous as hell. I work as a therapist in a SNF and ALF/ ILF. Mainly work with 50 and up. Pissed off with the lack of PPE. Wife is a PICU nurse in a major hosiptal here in Atlanta. Her unit has two COvid patients. She’s been on edge. I’m just venting. God bless yall

Some people complain about still having to go to work; meanwhile other people getting laid off and won’t be able to pay rent. If you’re still working be thankful (or just quit), either way stop complaining

For those of you without jobs, keep your head up things will work out

naw im still complaining im still going into work when my job could easily let me work from home so there is a difference with complaining.

I could see your point if you said people working from home are complaining.

and im at work right now i do IT. So be thankful IT people are managing the internet to allow you to continue to post on this message board.

Last edited:
Why this Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: ‘We’re going to be fine’

Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted.

Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world.

While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don’t support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place.

“What we need is to control the panic,” he said. In the grand scheme, “we’re going to be fine.”

Lol. Yeahhh I won't hold my breath. I'm rolling with the experts over the smart guy that thinks he knows everything. Why even mention his Novel Prize? It was in chemistry. And unless he's specifically in virus biophysics, he doesn't even deal with germs and viruses directly.

Until further notice, he's just running his mouth.

Probs gonna say global warming is overrated too. Super easy to fix. :rolleyes

It's no excuse but I don't recall anything like a Shelter in Place occurring in our (generally speaking anyone who's 40 and younger) lifetime. I am not surprised in the slightest by what's transpired, including the toilet paper phenomena. For some reason even I naturally thought- toilet paper and water when things started to hit 😂

Must have been engrained in us as children

Anyway, society has only known this way of life. For them to turn the switch off cold turkey is not gonna happen. Throw in the economic angle and it's just not gonna happen like it should
9/11, there was a curfew and many places stayed closed for weeks/months. Hurricanes and storms and such, there were shelter in places with curfews. NY should’ve been the first place to close it all down.

I work on the accounting side and the term they used was furlough. Employees still have their benefits covered til the next month but who knows if there will be a job.

Know many restaurant owners that had to make that tough call to lay off their staff
I was told they were still trying to figure out the benefit part of things, but I presume it cuts off after next month. The company I work for has a corporate structure but it really isn’t that large. Was called yesterday to work at a store that was About an hour away since my store closed down yesterday. I guess they pulled the plug on all them tonight.

I just moved in to a new spot with my girl at the beginning of the month. It’s crazy how fast this has moved. I’m just thinking back a few weeks ago work was stable this wasn’t even a thought. Now I’m out here applying to every grocery store and Walmart throughout south Florida.

I have rent for the next two months but have no clue how I’m going to pay my car or any of my other bills. Going to start making calls tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes you guys. Hopefully this resolves quickly and everyone in hospitality can get back to there normal lives.🙏

Last edited:
Yea I know it's not even the same family of viruses, but I was reading earlier about how the spanish flu pandemic of 1918 had actually come in three waves. One in the spring, skipped the summer, and the second and third wave in the fall and winter. The fall wave was actually the strongest wave.

It'll be interesting to see if there are multiple waves of this. Hoping not.
Talk more about this bro.

Germany has banned gatherings of more than 2 people and will assess the actions that will take place depending on pending results in 2 weeks
What about a smash session? Gotta have the virtual stroke game with the demolition man goggles.

Anyone know if a basic oxygen machine would help? I realize a ventilator breathes for you. But something is better than nothing right?

I think I have a family member with a sleep apnea machine lying around somewhere. Just trying to think of all options if it comes to shortages

I’ve seen a mention that ibuprofen is BAD. isn’t tylenol acetaminophen? Isn’t that pretty harsh on ones liver? I think that’s why many are taking naproxen and ibuprofen.
Any other medicines not recommended if one gets it? I tend to take a mix of everything OTC when I get sick. expectorant/nasal decongestant/ allergy relief/ etc acetaminophen haa always been last choice because of the liver warning.

52732924-A952-4C38-ADF6-A9CC57372505.jpeg
I wish I never read this man ....

😰

Back
Top Bottom