Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

idk if this guy or his videos have been posted, but he thinks we're treating this incorrectly and that's why survival rates after being on a respirator are so low. He thinks treating ARDS is not going to help.

edit: his comments were initially idiots talking about 5G, but now they actually seem helpful and inquisitive.

For those of you in the medical field, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the doctors theory about the lungs in that first video. Thanks.

Friend of mine passed this morning. On the next street from here in Louisiana.

May Allah have mercy on your soul.

y’all be safe out here - He was 42 years old.

1586381216548.jpeg

R.I.P. I'm sorry for your loss.

For those of you in the medical field, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the doctors theory about the lungs in that first video. Thanks.

The link below tells the story of why we should likely be avoiding mechanical ventilation for as long as possible with this disease. This respiratory syndrome with Covid is not acting like a typical viral pneumonia. There is likely some sort of cytokine storm or exaggerated immune system response leading to the cascade of respiratory depression leading to death and multi-system organ failure.

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

That does not apply to me, but I'll add anyway. Seems to be a lack of iron in severe patients which are out of breath like a case of anemia. They hypothesize the virus is mutating hemoglobins that carry the iron. I've seen references to sickle cell even.

"I'm not getting calls for ventilators anymore", president Trump claims about his coronavirus response.

Grocery store supermarket workers should def get hazard pay I paid 7 dollars for one pomegranate they def made bank on their workers

Thanks for posting. I'm starting to believe this may be the case. I read this on Medscape 3 days ago. We might be approaching mechanical ventilation totally wrong with Covid patients. Instead of forceful ventilation with high PEEP, we might instead be better off with gentle ventilation with low PEEP. Curious if any NTers who are respiratory therapists or physicians in the hospitals are experiencing the same thing.

COVID-19 Daily: Ventilator Protocols Questioned, Physician Rights

Alicia Gallegos

April 05, 2020

Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.
Here are the coronavirus stories Medscape's editors around the globe think you need to know about today:
Does COVID-19 Require Different Ventilator Protocols?
As New York health officials race to secure ventilators, some physicians are starting to ask whether it's time to change the way this equipment is used in patients with COVID-19.

Cameron Kyle-Sidell, MD, a critical care physician working in New York City, has been sounding the alarm on Twitter, urging healthcare professionals to consider that COVID-19 acts less like typical acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and more like high-altitude pulmonary edema (HAPE). The bottom line, Kyle-Sidell said, is that the current use of ventilators may be causing lung injury in COVID-19 patients and that it may be time to consider lung-protective strategies that utilize lower pressure settings.
Kyle-Sidell is not the only one raising questions about the use of the ARDS paradigm in COVID-19 patients. In a letter to the editor published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine on March 30, Luciano Gattinoni, MD, of the Medical University of Göttingen in Germany, and colleagues noted that COVID-19 patients in intensive care units in northern Italy had an atypical ARDS presentation, namely well-preserved lung gas volume and severe hypoxemia. Gattinoni and colleagues suggest in the letter that instead of high positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP), physicians should consider the lowest possible PEEP and gentle ventilation.

have you seen a difference in CXR findings pre- and post- ventilators? After reading your post I looked up scans on radiopedia and they all show ground-glass opacities (like in pneumonia, no?) but the captions don't say at what stage the scans were taken.

Theres noise regarding how be ventilators might be actually harming patients.
From what I understand, the doc in the video said they can use the ventilators but he thinks they're too aggressive with the pressure and they should treat it more like someone running out of oxygen and less like someone with pneumonia. Paraphrasing, not sure if this is correct, but that's what it sounded like to me.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about how the human body works except for pee pee and poo pop.

The link below tells the story of why we should likely be avoiding mechanical ventilation for as long as possible with this disease. This respiratory syndrome with Covid is not acting like a typical viral pneumonia. There is likely some sort of cytokine storm or exaggerated immune system response leading to the cascade of respiratory depression leading to death and multi-system organ failure.

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf
this article speaks on it too. can't remember where i saw it posted (don't think it was this thread).

Cytokine storm is also believed to be the cause of the cases of acute hemorrhagic necrotizing encephalopathy associated with Covid 19.

have you seen a difference in CXR findings pre- and post- ventilators? After reading your post I looked up scans on radiopedia and they all show ground-glass opacities (like in pneumonia, no?) but the captions don't say at what stage the scans were taken.
Typical covid 19 finding are peripheral basilar and round ground glass opacities these findings are somewhat distinctive of Covid
Diffuse Ground glass opacities are indeterminate but can be seen with covid or other viral pneumonias etc or hypersensitivities.
Bacterial pneumonia is more considative or multinodular.

Last edited:
Grocery store supermarket workers should def get hazard pay I paid 7 dollars for one pomegranate they def made bank on their workers
i think places like albertsons, safeway, etc is adding 2/hr and asking employees to work extra shifts. should be way more, but some companies like whole foods aren't even offering it.

been trying to avoid crowds and shopping at my local mom and pop grocer. they've definitely taken the proper precautions. plexiglass, providing workers with gloves, masks, and safety suits and allowing only a few people at a time

White House officials worry the coronavirus is hitting African Americans worse than others

Are they really worried about us tho? Like, for real?
You know what would cure coronavirus for the black man?
Reparations.

From what I understand, the doc in the video said they can use the ventilators but he thinks they're too aggressive with the pressure and they should treat it more like someone running out of oxygen and less like someone with pneumonia. Paraphrasing, not sure if this is correct, but that's what it sounded like to me.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about how the human body works except for pee pee and poo pop.
A ventilator helps get air into the person's lungs, where there oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange takes place. This is great for when the lungs aren't working properly. What the doctor is saying is that he thinks covid patients lungs are working just fine, enough air is getting into the lungs already. However for some reason the body isn't getting the most out of the air they're getting into the lungs.

He drew a parallel with a healthy person breathing at high altitudes, like up in the mountains. Your lungs are pumping just fine at high altitudes,but the air you're breathing in is low in oxygen, so your body feels like it's getting less air.

That's what I understand him to be saying...I'm a nurse but I've been working in psychiatry for the last decade, never seen a ventilator since school.

I’ve had this conversation with my coworkers and we’re currently getting paid $2 extra but I feel like it should be more. Yes it’s nice and definitely appreciated but at the back of my mind it still gets to me that we’re risking our lives everyday we come into work. Now idk the full situation with nurses and doctors but they for sure should be making their regular pay plus hazard because they are definitely front line, overworked, and under paid especially during this situation.

Back
Top Bottom