Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
ksteezy ksteezy

The PA bill hasn't officially been passed yet no. Its coming though. hopefully every other state legislature follows through with something similar.

Italy is all over the place, i'm sure they have models of their own too.
I was looking at their numbers... Sure, they flattened the curve, but they're getting the same number of deaths and hospitalizations as they did 3 weeks ago.

This virus doesn't magically disappear as quickly as it appears. It has a long decay but a fast rise. On the unmitigated rising phase, it doubles every 3-5 days. With a lockdown, the R0 is still probably close to 1 (nurse comes home to a family, supermarket is unknowingly contaminated, etc.), which means the curve could flatline for weeks or even months. So it's asymmetric.

That's why it is so awful to let the numbers get so high before locking down. That's the point from which the slow decay occurs. If you start with 100 cases, it'll decay to close to nothing in a couple weeks. Start with 100,000, and it's going to take a ****ing long time.

It's still mind-blowing that the NBA season stopped March 11, when we only had 1300 cases in the country. Now we're adding 30,000 per day, and we're optimistic? Sure, we're flattening the curve, but we're flattening it at a point where it's the cumulative total of the first 3 weeks of COVID-19 every single day.

Last edited:
our hospital has shut everything down but emergencies till May 17th.
That’s a very hopeful date but that shows all of us that we expect this to go on for another month at the very least

the general feeling of everyone is that this will last way longer than that

.... Mount Sinai is running an ad asking for DONATIONS! Monetary donations from civilians to help hospital emplyees, etc.

That is APPALLING. To ask people, who already have no money and possibly no health insurance, for money. This country is ridiculous
My sister works for mt sinai

Lol no one who has no money has to donate man

That stuff is voluntary

Not sure if this has been posted

People who haven't updated their banking account info for the IRS for taxes for the stimulus checks

I was looking at their numbers... Sure, they flattened the curve, but they're getting the same number of deaths and hospitalizations as they did 3 weeks ago.

This virus doesn't magically disappear as quickly as it appears. It has a long decay but a fast rise. On the unmitigated rising phase, it doubles every 3-5 days. With a lockdown, the R0 is still probably close to 1 (nurse comes home to a family, supermarket is unknowingly contaminated, etc.), which means the curve could flatline for weeks or even months. So it's asymmetric.

That's why it is so awful to let the numbers get so high before locking down. That's the point from which the slow decay occurs. If you start with 100 cases, it'll decay to close to nothing in a couple weeks. Start with 100,000, and it's going to take a ****ing long time.

That’s why it’s gonan take a while for us to open up again . Italy def has more people cooperating with the lockdown rules and look cases are slightly lower but bodies still dropping . Just look at New York we have so many cases . Testing is def backed up and who knows the real number of cases . This is gonna take At least 3 months to clear up. Who knows when we going to see less than 100 deaths in a day just today 100 people got switched to ventilators in New York and most likely more than half are gonna die in the next couple of weeks extending the April death toll

Bro.......

Screenshot_20200410-113130_Instagram.jpg
What is the correlation between the two?

What do they mean NYC vs NYC Suburb?
Is it Manhattan vs the other 4 Boros?
The Boros vs Nassau, Sudfilk, Westchester, Yonkers?

I don't think I've ever hear the term NYC Suburbs before.
Not flaming, I am genuinely interested in what the data represents.

What do they mean NYC vs NYC Suburb?
Is it Manhattan vs the other 4 Boros?
The Boros vs Nassau, Sudfilk, Westchester, Yonkers?

I don't think I've ever hear the term NYC Suburbs before.
Not flaming, I am genuinely interested in what the data represents.

NYC includes the 5 boroughs
Suburbs is long island

I'm not sure Westchester is considered suburb or upstate....someone could clear that up

Back
Top Bottom