Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
ovum0b6v5wa51.jpg

I don't get the joke. Moderna's vaccine news is good, all things considered. The stock stuff is whatever to me, kinda comes with the territory.

Whenever the real news is bad, a company working on a vaccine always shows promising results. Just a play so the market doesn’t tumble too far. And I think moderna has ties to trump’s people.

*just noticed that post said execs sell stock. Selling stock when you’re close to making a vaccine the whole world needs?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whenever the real news is bad, a company working on a vaccine always shows promising results. Just a play so the market doesn’t tumble too far. And I think moderna has ties to trump’s people.

*just noticed that post said execs sell stock. Selling stock when you’re close to making a vaccine the whole world needs?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Selling stock at this time makes sense . The Stock market is forward looking, but doesn't really always reflect what conditions the economic market will face in the future.

There are probably going to be numerous vaccines approved around the world in the following years. It is likely no one company will have the market to themselves. With iterations and further tracking of people after it is out in the wild. One or two may become the preferred vaccination. It is no guarantee it will be Moderna's

While a Covid vaccine will be profitable, especially early on, one will not have the market to itself. So by the time the market adjust for all that, your company might not see a considerable bump. So yeah, it makes sense to dump stock whenever good news gives you a bump. The phase three trial might go poorly, someone might beat you to market, someone might make a better vaccine, there could be manufacturing setbacks, all those things might kill the stock price in the future.

Not defending the practice but doesn't seem like the red flag some are making it out to be. At the end of the day the vaccine will still need to show effectiveness to be approved.

Like I said, seems like good news all things considered for what it is. But nothing to celebrate or criticize too much right now. Still a long way to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom