Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you guys know if it’s normal for antigen (rapid) tests to be included in county figures? My county recently started only counting PCR tests, which is making it appear as though new infection numbers are lower, but I feel it’s all for show to try and get into a less restrictive tier. Of course nobody will admit this, but they switched just as numbers were starting to increase again and we would potentially face a step backward for reopenings.

food.jpg

Hope this isn't a fake story, looking to go viral. If it is sincere, that's messed up.

Do you guys know if it’s normal for antigen (rapid) tests to be included in county figures? My county recently started only counting PCR tests, which is making it appear as though new infection numbers are lower, but I feel it’s all for show to try and get into a less restrictive tier. Of course nobody will admit this, but they switched just as numbers were starting to increase again and we would potentially face a step backward for reopenings.

My guess would be because PCR is a lot more accurate than the rapid test

Rapid tests are fairly accurate too. Hospitals use them on the day of a procedure.

I hope we get to the point where we can have "affordable consumer rapid tests" for people to buy at pharmacy retail stores/grocery stores to take at home AND find out ACCURATE RESULTS within like hours at most..........it'll help relieve stress for those "extroverted folk" that are getting tired of the quarantine/lockdowns and just want to hang out with close friends and stuff without fear of being asymptomatic and passing the virus onto their friends/family without even knowing it.

We legit have friends and family on our IG feeds/FB feeds right now just saying "**** it to the RONA" and risking it all 'cuz their "extroverted selves" can't handle being "non-social" for another few months or so

We legit have friends and family on our IG feeds/FB feeds right now just saying "**** it to the RONA" and risking it all 'cuz their "extroverted selves" can't handle being "non-social" for another few months or so

It’s not your post that’s funny but I did get a chuckle since this was the response I read after what picasso swerve picasso swerve just said above about risking it for London:lol:

How can college fball be having 30% full stadiums and cases are surging around campus?

Some places are ready to shut down after never really opening, and some are acting normal

It’s not your post that’s funny but I did get a chuckle since this was the response I read after what picasso swerve picasso swerve just said above about risking it for London:lol:

No doubt......but even the boi picasso swerve picasso swerve could use that additional re-assurance with a "legit at-home rapid COVID testing kit" to help him make more "informed decisions" with that calculated risk. Instead of depending on "do I have a fever or not?" OR "**** it, I'll only be outside for a few hours at a time when I'm out in London."

Hell, he could even bring the rapid testing kit with him to the trip if he must just for that "double re-assurance" while he's out-of-his-home.................having a "legit consumer-ready rapid COVID testing kit" are some of the essential BABY STEPS to truly adapt to the "new normal" of this virus being apart of our lives for the "extended short-term" or "long-term if no successful vaccine occurs"

How can college fball be having 30% full stadiums and cases are surging around campus?

Some places are ready to shut down after never really opening, and some are acting normal

Because mUh FoOsBaLL. Of course this is Florida too

Wait what?

He’s like a 2 year old doing things to make him look strong - and the deplorables lap it up.

4 more weeks, 4 more weeks, 4 more weeks!

Because mUh FoOsBaLL. Of course this is Florida too

I don't understand for the life of me how we can be filling stadiums to maximum capacity when we are leading the world in cases and deaths related to covid

I hope we get to the point where we can have "affordable consumer rapid tests" for people to buy at pharmacy retail stores/grocery stores to take at home AND find out ACCURATE RESULTS within like hours at most..........it'll help relieve stress for those "extroverted folk" that are getting tired of the quarantine/lockdowns and just want to hang out with close friends and stuff without fear of being asymptomatic and passing the virus onto their friends/family without even knowing it.

I could be wrong, but I feel like majority of people if not all the people in here lean more introverted given the amount of time we spend talking on an Internet forum compared to most. Because of that I think it’s probably overlooked just how important social interaction is to other people’s mental health. Quarantine may have been a slight adjustment to some people’s lives if you were used to large quantities of time in solitude and you thrived on it. For others, it completely disrupted their lives.

Regardless of where you fall on the introverted/extroverted spectrum, human beings are by nature social creatures.Social interaction is a NEED for us, even if not a biological one like food or water or oxygen. Why do you think solitary confinement ruins people’s mental health in prison? It’s not healthy.

That’s why I don’t blame people like that for feeling the way they do. I’m not saying it’s license to be reckless, but I certainly expect people to interact more with others as soon as they’re allowed and I don’t think it’s reasonable for be government to tell them they can’t.

Soild Piece I watched tonight about where we are on Vaccines and Treatments: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-therapeutic-drugs-treatments-60-minutes-2020-10-11/

Everybody has been saying 3rd-4th quarter 2021 for a vaccine since April but man, it's really grave thinking life won't return to some sense of "normal" until November/December 2021 with masks still needing to be worn.

I honestly don't think that the population can go on like this until then. I think we already know they won't. Right now is about as much mask/distance compliance as we can expect so that means, somewhere between 30,000-70,00 daily infections at best, rolling shutdowns around the country as numbers spike up, go down then spike back up every couple of months or so. Deaths will plateau as we get better medicine but the most susceptible are still going to sadly perish at an abnormally high rate every week. Tough times ahead.

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer

1. I wouldn’t put any sanctions past Trump. Can't see Biden doing anything. One of the saddest aspects of this specific outbreak that I read is that there were security levers put in place to prevent bureaucracy from censoring Chinese doctors from sounding the alarm and getting information out in the case of another virus outbreak but it was... obstructed. That’s how totalitarian societies work. The doctor who rang the alarm paid for it with his life.

I personally am against, "tough guy" politics as a first option. In the case of global, exponential, deadly diseases I always think it’s better to pull in your adversaries and their health officials, if you can. The worst thing that could happen is that the China Govt (or another non-military ally) shuts down all scientific communication in the future because they feel persecuted. It then becomes, we're going to look out for our own people and when you guys get sick, you're on your own because our borders and books are closed.

At the same time, you can't rely on the Chinese Government for anything. The USA needs to act as if the next pandemic is germ warfare and be self-reliant as much as possible when this happens again. There was plenty we could do to prepare for this but a pattern I noted for most of the past pandemics was that ALL Governments are generally terrified of causing anything out of normality. “It can’t be that bad. No, no it won’t be that bad. We’ll be okay.” And then the bomb hits and everybody has to scramble. France, Italy, Spain are guilty of this as well.

2. There was no mention of a "patient zero" as far as I can remember. You have to remember the details of the earliest cases were hidden. All we can safely state is that it was a single jump from one animal to a human or a few same animals with the same infection to a few humans based on its lack of genetic variation by the time it was identified in Wuhan. Without more variation, we can say that there was no hidden epidemic happening anywhere else in the world and the only cases were in Wuhan.

3. Not much to say about vaccines except something alarmist that might keep you up at night. :lol: All I'll say is read up on "leaky vaccines" at your own risk. She predicts that there will be a vaccine at some point based on the work that's been ongoing.

That article mentions a single entity and I'm sure that other independent labs have been working but what I mean is that as far back as 2013, virologists in the US confirmed that a lab in China found a virus similar to Covid-19 in bats. (SARS, MERS, Ebola, Marburg, Nipah, Hendra, and Lassa virus come from bats so we weren't shocked). Both scientists from the US and China warned that it could cause a pandemic but no one in either country really rallied behind it with adequate time and money. I'm talking about a coordinated federal response for the public good.

Again, I understand, it's difficult to garner excitement from politicians about spending millions for preventative measures, when it's much sexier to spend money on political spectacle and the military-industrial complex.

“I hope it’s much more apparent now to people at large that it’s worth investing in vaccines,” she says. “It’s been difficult to get the investment to make new vaccines against outbreak pathogens because there’s always something else to spend the money on. But now we’ve seen the devastating effect that a virus can have, I’m hoping that we’ll be able to address the balance.
-Sarah Gilbert”

And the Obama Administration did in fact use some of the PPE and ventilators...on the last pandemic ( H1-N1). It's not surprising that the Trump Administration didn't do anything for 3+ years, it wasn't a priority. How can you expect an administration who doesn't believe in science to use federal money to fund science programs?

I'm really hoping that we learned something because I can't do this again.

Back
Top Bottom