Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
mn is number one with corona right now by a long shot.

We shutdown indoor dining a while ago and have a face mask mandate.

I feel like they should have just left it at 50% capacity with 6ft table spacing like before.

f it, it’s worse now than it was before. They shouldn’t be able to shut you down if they aren’t going to pay you. This government is so trash. It’s already a bloodbath and once the dust settlers the rich will buy up all the out of business shops and build condos and co ops.

there in lies the problem the government actually has 450 billion just sitting there. Not doing anything.

then republicans want the next bill to only be 500 billion with no stimulus and agin loans that will get abused blah blah. Basically they are negotiating with money that is already there. Except the trump administration is trying to transfer that money out to so it’s harder to access. Basically the current government is like FU.

Direct payment do and will work. Giving money to corporate folks hoping they will idk trickle it down during a pandemic just allows them to close doors and keep it moving. Like protecting a business and not the people. Both combinations of loans and direct payment is needed then a lockdown can be done right at least 30 days.

LA wilding with the lockdown

what’s crazy is that there is no government plan for assistance.

here in Atlanta covid never happen. Everything open clubs bars everything.

little to no restrictions.

yet guess what business still failing because some people idk don’t wanna catch covid.

Atlanta needs a lockdown hospitals already slammed and we don’t have a damn mask mandate. Saying public responsibility. Idk if y’all know this most people are stupid. If that’s the case why do we have an government if we can be responsible for ourselves in times of need but in times of normal circumstances y’all wanna be in charge and collect taxes and impose your will. Just asking for a friend.

They're relying heavily on the vaccines 'cuz this damn US government don't wanna pay their citizens a "true living emergency fund" to stay at home and lower the curve to a bloody stomp...........'cuz US don't wanna pay poor people to lockdown at home AND stop spreading the virus :smh:

170k vaccines to NY by December 15. Gimme 🙏
None of those are going to anyone not on the front lines.
After seeing that long list who would be designated to get it first I wouldn’t expect your average joe to be rolling up his sleeve until like a year from now.
One question I have is: How will a vaccine program roll out state by state vs. nationwide?
Are we going to treat it like we have the shutdowns where each state does what they want? This would result in some densely populated Cities/states like NY getting large allocations and going through the priority list quickly and getting it out to the normal civilian faster than other places.
So in turn one city/state may have your average joe walking around with the vaccine while another state is still only vaccinating first responders. What happens when that average joe starts traveling all over because thy are now feel “immune”
It’s not the most contagious or the most deadly, but it’s highly contagious and very lethal. A recent study indicated that on average and infected person will infect ~50+% of household members. There’s no simple answer for why some people are more easily infected than others, but there are many immunological explanations that could make certain individuals more or less likely to become infected, or develop symptomatic disease.
My girlfriend and I were exposed to her dad who had it the end of October, my girlfriend eventually tested positive. We live together, I tested negative on the swab and antibody test. Thankfully their symptoms weren’t very severe, thought I’d get it for sure.
I started thinking that maybe down the line a few months ago the virus got weaker or something resulting in these cases we are all hearing about now where people are getting minor symptoms and recovering fast and others who are being directly exposed are not getting it at all.
Another possibility I thought of is maybe the people who are not getting have had minor exposure before many times over and have built some sort of defense to it over time.

I have a friend who works construction here in NYC and has worked through out the pandemic as an essential worker, rides the subway everyday, works with a bunch of scumbags, No distancing, barely anyone following safety protocols and they’ve all been fine. No cases.

Speaking of indoor vs outdoor.
this virus is smart.
So around my way, the governor enacted a 75 customer capacity limit on all businesses including big box. Costco and samsclub and Walmart are seeing 2-3 hour waits to enter.
So what does sams club and Costco do? They’re placing people in the shopping cart area and corralling them in there so we stay slightly warm. One Costco even added tents with heaters. ENCLOSED tents.
I saw one restaurant ordered some igloo looking dome for their tables. But isn’t it also about shared airspace and airflow?
Not trying to stir up any arguements but where are you located? You seem to always post about some really extreme measures in your area that I have not read about or seen anywhere else.

At this point I’m willing to get the vaccine ASAP. Yesterday was the first day at my hospital where **** started hitting the fan again, and it’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

What’s even more concerning is that this time covid is REALLY in our own backyard on Long Island. First wave of hospitalizations out here were largely people being bussed out from NYC because their hospitals couldn’t facilitate the patient load. The cases we’re seeing now are all local.

My mom isn’t particularly well as is (has cancer and pretty bad asthma) and she relies on me too much for me to not do everything in my power to keep her safe. Will gladly be the guinea pig if it will mitigate the chances of her contracting covid.

At this point I’m willing to get the vaccine ASAP. Yesterday was the first day at my hospital where **** started hitting the fan again, and it’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

What’s even more concerning is that this time covid is REALLY in our own backyard on Long Island. First wave of hospitalizations out here were largely people being bussed out from NYC because their hospitals couldn’t facilitate the patient load. The cases we’re seeing now are all local.

My mom isn’t particularly well as is (has cancer and pretty bad asthma) and she relies on me too much for me to not do everything in my power to keep her safe. Will gladly be the guinea pig if it will mitigate the chances of her contracting covid.

damn man stay safe just seen that police shutdown a 400 person house party out there

its kind of crazy that this is a thing
Have you noticed how many people just in this thread (where you would assume people are following along and care about what’s happening) are saying they don’t want the vaccine because they aren’t sure it’s safe? All health EXPERTS I’ve seen and heard say that if the vaccines are approved under EUA they will take it, but the public still isn’t sure. There is obviously a major disconnect and the hope is that if the public sees that someone they trust is willing to get vaccinated then they might too. This pandemic won’t be over for anyone until it’s over for everyone, so if not enough people take the vaccines then we can’t get past it any time soon.

Have you noticed how many people just in this thread (where you would assume people are following along and care about what’s happening) are saying they don’t want the vaccine because they aren’t sure it’s safe? All health EXPERTS I’ve seen and heard say that if the vaccines are approved under EUA they will take it, but the public still isn’t sure. There is obviously a major disconnect and the hope is that if the public sees that someone they trust is willing to get vaccinated then they might too. This pandemic won’t be over for anyone until it’s over for everyone, so if not enough people take the vaccines then we can’t get past it any time soon.
im so disappointed. my boy just tried to hit me with some anti-vaxxer nonsense and used some BS website to prove his point.

Then it wont be over anytime soon unfortunately. People like myself are wary need more real world evidence it's safe while there are a lot of people who flat out will never take it. If they wont wear a mask do you think they'll take a vaccine?

Then it wont be over anytime soon unfortunately. People like myself are wary need more real world evidence it's safe while there are a lot of people who flat out will never take it. If they wont wear a mask do you think they'll take a vaccine?

look, there’s one in a million chance of serious adverse effects from nearly every vaccine and I expect it will be the same for these. Your chance of serious adverse effects from contracting COVID-19 are MUCH more likely.

People trust Clinton, Bush, and Obama though?

I feel like more people than ever before are skeptical of politicians and not as many people trust them as you may think.
Heck I’m sure the Trump crowd doesn’t even trust Bush.

look, there’s one in a million chance of serious adverse effects from nearly every vaccine and I expect it will be the same for these. Your chance of serious adverse effects from contracting COVID-19 are MUCH more likely.
Not if my exposure is less. I have no problems isolating and social distancing to limit exposure. It's not as if I'm not gonna take it until I'm comfortable with it but still be out and about as if ish is normal. No other vaccine has been studied as short as this has so this could be different. I saw a poll on CNN of medical professionals last month where many were wary of the vac as well. I appreciate your perspective and thoughts though, most other people start with the flat earthers and anti vaxxer comments as soon as an opinion of concern is expressed.

People trust Clinton, Bush, and Obama though?

I feel like more people than ever before are skeptical of politicians and not as many people trust them as you may think.
Heck I’m sure the Trump crowd doesn’t even trust Bush.
I see what you’re saying, but it’s important to consider there are many people who associate the current administration with these vaccines and if they see someone who they trust (ie: "Obama is MY president") and admire is willing to take the vaccine they might too. We can all admit that much of our country’s failure during the pandemic response has been a result of partisanship, so it’s important for the public to recognize that taking the vaccine is not a political statement. This is just the start of what will undoubtedly become a major "influencer campaign" and you'll see images of many athletes and entertainers publicly getting their shots to convince the general public to do the same.

where do celebrities and ahtletes fall in order to get the vaccine? bet you they'll start to get vaccinated first and we'll hear stories of how first responders, doctors, and nurses are still waiting to get theirs.

Back
Top Bottom