Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just found out an older colleague who transferred to another location caught covid. He was telling me how he was going to a new years party couple months ago and was against the vaccination when offered at work. Some people don’t learn until it hits them :smh:

:lol: Hell nah.

Anyone that worked with that person is being told to stay home to quarantine.

DC Public schools have had 8 cases in 4.5 days.
That's as bad as DC government.

My mother works for them and at her building literally every week an email is sent out saying someone tested positive. She has bad asthma (worse than mine) so she hasn't even been in the building since all the lockdowns started last year..

Welp.

We just got an Email saying someone on the Staff tested Positive. :smh:
Stay safe out here mane...This push to get kids back in person is dumb to me and not worth it...The school year been under way virtually for a long time already and alotta folks still working from home so not like they need the “day care” aspect of it

Not that hard to just ride out the last couple months and see what happens in the fall

You can use sick days but those are limited to however much you have saved. With a minimum week or so out of work, all it takes is a couple quarantine periods and your SOL

from our CEO

"This vaccine has given us real hope for a brighter future beyond COVID-19, and in the spirit of family fun and celebration I’m thrilled to announce a new effort to get us all excited about the better days ahead of us. Starting Wednesday, February 10, and continuing through Friday, March 26, we will hold a Get the Vaccine to End COVID-19 Drawing every weekday for a $1,000 prize. "

there’s normal people there too, a lot of their neighbors are cool but they are all from like Boston, ny and mn. I see what you mean though. It’s def MAGA world no way around it.

idk I can just not talk politics and be fine but once you reach a certain level of stupidity i don’t want to be around.

I don’t mind Florida really. Just expect a lot of idiots.

I was in Orlando during a lot of the pandemic and if the maga folks were the only ones to worry about, we may have been fine. I knew plenty of liberals going out to bars when they opened back up, eating indoors with big groups, going to maskless weddings, or going to crowded gyms. I can’t even make this up. The first day gyms opened back up my gym posted on their IG story a pic of a sign saying “stay safe please stay 6ft apart” and another sign with safety guidelines, and a few pictures later posted a row of 8 treadmills side by side completely full with people giving thumbs up to the camera and all were maskless. That gym has never followed a single covid protocol, even when the city had a mask mandate. You can’t escape the stupid in Florida.

Stay safe out here mane...This push to get kids back in person is dumb to me and not worth it...The school year been under way virtually for a long time already and alotta folks still working from home so not like they need the “day care” aspect of it

Not that hard to just ride out the last couple months and see what happens in the fall
A LOT of people can't work from home though.

Being able to work from home is a Privilege that many lower-income folks simply don't have the option to do.

So not having anyone to watch their kids (school) is preventing many from going back to work.

Being able to work from home is a Privilege that many lower-income folks simply don't have the option to do.

So not having anyone to watch their kids (school) is preventing many from going back to work.
Yea I know everybody situation is different...I just don’t like how it seems some districts are trying to push the in person as if it’s a need for everybody...Shoulda keep it as an option and proceed accordingly, don’t have to have ALL teachers back if all the students don’t even want/have to come back...And the timing of all this is ridiculous

Yea the politics of the the area is pure MAGA from what my other boss said who is more along my political line.

Like as I get older I see less and less of a future in NYC because the prices don’t make sense to me. But almost anywhere I go, I need to live amongst somewhat normal people. If I live amongst a bunch of QAnon believers I might legit go postal on their asses after a while. And that’s what that area has turned into sadly.
Yeah I really want a lot of land but think i think i'll essentially try and stick to the liberal bubbles. Lived in the both types of places and the peace of mind for a black man is a little different (so is the pay despite the red propaganda).

Yea I know everybody situation is different...I just don’t like how it seems some districts are trying to push the in person as if it’s a need for everybody...Shoulda keep it as an option and proceed accordingly, don’t have to have ALL teachers back if all the students don’t even want/have to come back...And the timing of all this is ridiculous

It is an economic decision more than anything. SImply put, the more people working, the more people spending. That is what the bottom line is all about.

I don't think they TRULY care about "Learning Loss" (as they like to put it) nor do I think they care about folks getting sick.

MOST people won't die from it and will recovery nicely, so they can deal with a few people getting sick if it means the economy can be rebuilt. (Locally and Nationally)

It’s true, kids not being in school effects a lot of things, to this i answer....... that’s your damn kids. I feel for them but I will ALWAYS choose MY health and MY family over and student

blastercombo blastercombo Yea but how many times throughout the history of this country have people (especially those well off) had to watch their OWN kids for an extended period of time. It is wild when you think about it. (Not arguing, just saying)
I agree. Think about how many misdiagnosis of behavioral disorders and medications are been prescribed? I’d love to see those numbers

from our CEO

"This vaccine has given us real hope for a brighter future beyond COVID-19, and in the spirit of family fun and celebration I’m thrilled to announce a new effort to get us all excited about the better days ahead of us. Starting Wednesday, February 10, and continuing through Friday, March 26, we will hold a Get the Vaccine to End COVID-19 Drawing every weekday for a $1,000 prize. "

the amount of workers taking the vaccine so low that your hospital needs to bribe them?

Just found out an older colleague who transferred to another location caught covid. He was telling me how he was going to a new years party couple months ago and was against the vaccination when offered at work. Some people don’t learn until it hits them :smh:
Yea, he made his own bed with that one. (No disrespect)

it is interesting to consider that some folks are finding out they don't really want kids if they actually have to deal with them all day.
It is a harsh realty that I don't think many people consider. I also wonder how it makes them feel internally to realize they don't REALLY want to deal with their own kids for those 8 hours that they have traditionally had the option of dropping them off to the schools.

it is interesting to consider that some folks are finding out they don't really want kids if they actually have to deal with them all day.
It’s a legit thing right now, alotta folks realizing they hate or not built for that true full time parent life...A lot different than the “super mom/dad” they present themselves on social media :lol:

But in America it’s always been paycheck before health/family/overall happiness :smh:

the amount of workers taking the vaccine so low that your hospital needs to bribe them?
it's a weekly drawing for everyone who has gotten the vaccine thus far. i think our numbers are like 82% out of all 3 campuses of our hospital which is actually a lot higher than the rest of the hospitals. unfortunately, it seems the lower income workers have the highest percentage of not getting the vaccine. the ultimate goal of course is 100% so this is just another way of getting to that point. a lot of the hospitals are all using incentives to get everyone vaccinated.
you would think the medical workers would all get them but unfortunately there's a lot of idiots here too. i know a bunch of high risk folks, who are educated, and are still not getting the vaccine with no logical reasoning. these people work with covid positive patients all day long too. it makes no sense.

Wade damn.gif

Bloomberg's New Vaccine Tracker Estimates When Life Will Go Back to Normal
"Bloomberg has painstakingly put together all available data on COVID-19 vaccinations into one interactive tracker that estimates how long it will take for life to return to normal. "

Bloomberg has estimated that the world needs almost 7 years to reach herd immunity at the current rate of vaccination — 4,607,324 doses per day, globally. According to Bloomberg, Israel will be the first country to reach herd immunity, and the U.S. will reach herd immunity “just in time to ring in the 2022 New Year.”

Yeah I really want a lot of land but think i think i'll essentially try and stick to the liberal bubbles. Lived in the both types of places and the peace of mind for a black man is a little different (so is the pay despite the red propaganda).

I mean yea, I’m white so it’s definitely different. Though I am an immigrant so that sort of complicates things for certain people.

Generally speaking though, by us left leaning people moving to certain states where there are cities where we could help sway the vote (say an Atlanta/Savannah, Charlotte, maybe some of the Texas cities) we will move the needle more towards the direction we want vs. staying in our California or northeast bubbles. Being able to flip some of those states should be our goal.

Back
Top Bottom