HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

damnit, i am not about that lining up for hours to get a pair of jeans schtick :smh:

Hedi Slimane Will Be Releasing Weekly CÉLINE Drops

One of the most anticipated collections of the year, CÉLINE’s return to the runway in September will accompany some bold business change-ups.

The LA-based designer reportedly plans to follow the release style made popular by brands like Supreme, where weekly drops accompany a core collection of essential pieces. Pop-up stores and small capsules will accompany a selection of Slimane’s signature season-less staples, like jeans and tailored outerwear. Furthermore, CÉLINE will revamp its stores in line with the new collections, which will expand to include scents, menswear and couture. The improved outposts will supposedly include a new space in New York’s Upper East Side — 650 Madison Avenue. Saint Laurent paid roughly $2 million USD to $8 million USD to revamp each of its stores under Slimane’s tenure — with 140 CÉLINE retail spaces worldwide, this move may cost LVMH a pretty penny, though with the upsized stores comes a diversified product line.

Sources report that although Slimane is “very respectful” of Phoebe Philo‘s CÉLINE, but the designer will transform the label into his own distinct vision.

I wore some sl10 and I got joked on badly. Is it really over for slp?

Doubt it. Its a classic silhouette. I mean what’s there to clown on (maybe the gold foil version)? People always have opinions man. Now I could ask who was clowning, what they were wearing, what they do for a living etc,... but none of that really matters. What matters is how you feel. Did the clowning make you feel a certain way?

I mean, me and my boys are always clowning. It’s what we do. At the end they’re gonna do them and I’m gonna do me.

Sounds like they may have hit a nerve.

What cw- were you wearing of the SL’s?

Doubt it. Its a classic silhouette. I mean what’s there to clown on (maybe the gold foil version)? People always have opinions man. Now I could ask who was clowning, what they were wearing, what they do for a living etc,... but none of that really matters. What matters is how you feel. Did the clowning make you feel a certain way?

I mean, me and my boys are always clowning. It’s what we do. At the end they’re gonna do them and I’m gonna do me.

Sounds like they may have hit a nerve.

What cw- were you wearing of the SL’s?

This all day.

Who clowns on all black sl10s? Either all your friends are riding the chunky shoe trend or they don’t know what they’re talking about.

Who clowns people's shoes as grown men period lmao. I own the gold foil SL10H and they aren't any more "loud" than the bred or royal version so anyway. I bought them because I like them and they were a good deal. If people clown me when I'm walking down the street in them...they're the laughable ones.

Sheesh, I missed out. Y'all ate with the quickness at that Barney's 60% off sale.
Arenas going for $250?? Wth?? Dang I missed out.
As consolation, i grabbed em Filing Pieces "FOG" boots.
Now do those run big or tts?

About to order Visvim FBTs from Antonioli for the first time. They list in UK sizes correct?

when you buy something from outside the country that is declared to be $800 or more, it's possible it will be hit with customs fee which i do not recall how much exactly but i believe it was 20%-30% of the declared value

anything below $800 do not usually get hit

i'd wait for others response to be sure on the details

I went into this thread to ask the question about customs and you already answered it. Lol.

Looking to order a pair of Visvim Lhamo Sashiko-Folk for $830 but if there's a customs fee of 20-30% I'm gonna have to pass. Any shops in the U.S. carry these?
IMG_2533.PNG

when you buy something from outside the country that is declared to be $800 or more, it's possible it will be hit with customs fee which i do not recall how much exactly but i believe it was 20%-30% of the declared value

anything below $800 do not usually get hit

i'd wait for others response to be sure on the details

20-30% seems pretty high for customs fee. also based on some basic research it looks like anything below $2000 is allowed as informal entry.
https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases

good news for Zap specifically is that it looks like they marked the value as $100 (actual value was $1k) so it got to me with no customs issues. they had lightning shipping too, ordered on Sunday and received on Tuesday :nthat:
so for anyone on the fence with Zap, i say go for it! props to dude linking to their website here.

Back
Top Bottom