HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

It's actually a light grey. Bayside, made in USA, 6.1 oz, $6.
I prefer the thicker more structured tees. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect tee.
Anyone have experience with Japanese loopwheel tees?

I’m the same way. I like a nice thick collar. With that said, check out Kirkland white tee 6pack at Costco. They’ve been my goto for years after searching for the perfect tee myself.

Authentic Brands Officially Purchases Barneys for $271 Million USD

Despite a heated last-minute bidding war, Barneys has officially been sold to Authentic Brands Group for $271.4 million USD. The New York Post has reported that the rival $260 million USD bid placed by KITH investor Sam Ben-Avraham was rejected by Barneys, thus allowing the licensing group to retain priority in acquiring the iconic NYC-based retailer.

Authentic Brands plans to begin liquidation sales at all of Barneys’ remaining stores aside from its Boston location. There hasn’t been additional mention of Authentic Brand’s proposed deal to license Barneys’ assets to proposed deal to license Barneys’ assets to Saks Fifth Avenue owner Hudson’s Bay Co..

Most recently, Hudson Bay Company revealed plans to go private, presumably in advance of the Barneys purchase.

5291A103-E4C9-4575-8F75-7CA648467706.jpeg

Technically they have the winning bid though Sam has til the 31st to come up with a higher bid as well.

Tiny chance he can pull this through.

Also extended discount has been extended til the 31st so lmk folks.

Hey guys.. is the denim thread dead? i have a denim question i'd like to toss out to people know are more well versed than myself!

Thanks fellas.

So a couple of years ago i picked up these Nudie Jeans.. really nice.. they were nice and deep dark indigo when i got them and figured they'd wear well over time..

They are the Grim Tim Dry Open - Grim Tim = fit . Dry Open = type of denim i assume...

Anyway, thing is, by this time I would have fully expected them to be looking a little better.....

My wife calls them my "Kohls Jeans" :rofl:

Now mind you, I dont wear them much (maybe thats the problem) but after almost 3 years i would expect to see some more better fades..... I have bathed in them to get the fit right.

Do most jeans go through a "kohls" phase on the way to "sick fades" or did I buy the wrong jeans?

I’ll chime in

Are you sure the denim is selvedge? I could see a pair of nudes being raw but not selvedge which would impact the distressing.

I’ll chime in

Are you sure the denim is selvedge? I could see a pair of nudes being raw but not selvedge which would impact the distressing.

You know what, i dont think they are actually selvedge.. *facepalm* thats gotta be where i went wrong.. lol..

Yeah, if after 3 years that's the most distressing you got, you definitely not wearing them enough.

I had some dry Nudie Jeans that I was wearing damn near everyday back in the day (I was putting in hella miles walking the college campus). I think after a year I was showing more progress than that lol.

Wish I had pics, but that was over decade ago.

Yeah I believe they’re a difference the in the raw and selvedge denim when it comes to Nudies. I have both pair.

But I have to agree, you’re not wearing them enough. If you have a rotation, then you need to take the time to wear them.

your wife is funny - “Kohl’s Jeans”.

I know Nudies / APC were the "starter" raw denim a decade ago for a lot of people but I never really found them to age well. There's always exceptions but from the pics online, most were meh imo even with more noticeable wear.

What's some nice raw denim that actually ages well? Speaking of denim where can someone purchase some painter denim like the old helmut ones?

Yeah I believe they’re a difference the in the raw and selvedge denim when it comes to Nudies. I have both pair.

But I have to agree, you’re not wearing them enough. If you have a rotation, then you need to take the time to wear them.

your wife is funny - “Kohl’s Jeans”.

thx man.. and yea i gotta get rid of this kohls look.... shes gonna have me rolling around in the sand and ocean here pretty soon! lol

Back
Top Bottom