HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Balenciaga x YEEZY DMX Tribute Tee
1619445273618.png

Travis Scott Wears CdG PLAY x Converse Chuck 70s, Igniting Interest in Divisive Sneaker
Can La Flame shake the stigma tied to the “Heart Shoes.”
1619446789137.png

divisive? from what i understand, them CDG plays are still very popular and if there's even a discount on them they sell out almost instantly

i couldnt even get a pair of the recent jack purcell release and now people gon' try and hype em up and give credit to travis scott?

i just dont get it, thisdude is having the kanye effect where everything he touches turns to gold, its crazy

CDG plays are definitely popular in that a lot of people have them but the wide opinion of whether or not they're still "cool" has definitely been waning (probably because they're so easy to acquire)

re: travis scott, if anything, i'd guess that he's exposing them to a wider audience than they were initially popular with

Travis Scott Wears CdG PLAY x Converse Chuck 70s, Igniting Interest in Divisive Sneaker
1619446789137.png

divisive? from what i understand, them CDG plays are still very popular and if there's even a discount on them they sell out almost instantly
Divisive??? yea im lost..
I missed the memo...Somebody said something prejudiced or some???
cdgs are easy grabs, though I'm intrigued about this Travis effect...

1619446789137.png

i couldnt even get a pair of the recent jack purcell release and now people gon' try and hype em up and give credit to travis scott?

i just dont get it, thisdude is having the kanye effect where everything he touches turns to gold, its crazy

Are the Travis Scott worshippers going to switch back to slim/skinny jeans now after seeing that pic? Or are they going to continue calling people who wear them "hood", "scammers", "don't know anything about fashion"?

And you're right; I've been seeing people wearing CDG x Converse for YEARS now, much before Travis Scott even became this famous. People love to give him credit for everything these days; I had a debate with a bunch of sub-25 year olds in General Forum who think that he made Nike SBs popular, as if Pharrell and the entire early-late 2000s SB scene never happened.Same dudes also claimed that Kanye made Jordans popular...

Last edited:
CDG plays are definitely popular in that a lot of people have them but the wide opinion of whether or not they're still "cool" has definitely been waning (probably because they're so easy to acquire)

re: travis scott, if anything, i'd guess that he's exposing them to a wider audience than they were initially popular with
well truth is, I'm a bit conflicted about Travis hyping em up as I enjoyed how accessible the shoe is...
I'm with it I guess. For the culture...

1619446789137.png

They use to be difficult to acquire, but nowadays you can get them with ease. Not sure if that will still be the case with Travis modeling them now. I remember selling a well worn pair for more than retail.

Its divisive because it's a meme shoe CDG play is basically just the heart logo plastered on everything. It was known to be uncool since it was associated to guys just getting into "fashion" HS and college kids with the preme etc

Its divisive because it's a meme shoe CDG play is basically just the heart logo plastered on everything. It was known to be uncool since it was associated to guys just getting into "fashion" HS and college kids with the preme etc
I like em cause they are neutral and sometimes when you got a lot going on with other parts of your outfit, they are clean enough to just be tossed on. A few years back at a previous place of work, I was rocking a pair and one of the VP's brought their kid in who was in HS and they definitely were fawning over them :lol:

Last edited:
I like em cause they are neutral and sometimes when you got a lot going on with other parts of your outfit, they are clean enough to just be tossed on. A few years back at a precious place of work, I was rocking a pair and one of the VP's brought their kid in who was in HS and they definitely were fawning over them :lol:
Idk man i think the normal 70’s chucks just look cleaner and a classic but to each his own some just dont want em plain

white doesn't have an 8 which i assume would be my size (usually a 9 in designer sneakers)

only ones availables fo rmy sizes the all black with lego color hints and the wht/blue, which is more tempting

white doesn't have an 8 which i assume would be my size (usually a 9 in designer sneakers)

only ones availables fo rmy sizes the all black with lego color hints and the wht/blue, which is more tempting

:lol: My wife mentioned Legos when she saw those too.

Yeah, the white/blues are the move. Definitely a dope pair.

Back
Top Bottom