HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Im confused by this whole thing lol. But do we buy expensive clothes just to wear clothes or to stand out for the name .. because some of the quality isn’t so much better than others.. and most def not worth the price tag

Agreed. Btw, my closest is not filled with anything worthy of being considered expensive

Im confused by this whole thing lol. But do we buy expensive clothes just to wear clothes or to stand out for the name .. because some of the quality isn’t so much better than others.. and most def not worth the price tag

He said its wise to invest in good luggage.

Then he said people buy $2k sneakers that perform the same as $75 ones.

By that notion, why buy good luggage if its gonna peform more or less like the cheap ones.

Idk its just a weird thing IMO to say after the first statement or im taking it wrong lol.

He said its wise to invest in good luggage.

Then he said people buy $2k sneakers that perform the same as $75 ones.

By that notion, why buy good luggage if its gonna peform more or less like the cheap ones.

Idk its just a weird thing IMO to say after the first statement or im taking it wrong lol.
I get what your saying now.. I was just confused lol.. my bad

The guy above me (SolenGloals99) said "You bougie for sure if you’re buying a $1200 carry-on. Jesus"

So i'm saying its not bougie. You're investing in something thats actually functionally better than a cheap luggage. You may not think so but i've used multiple luggages in the past and Rimowa aluminium ones outperforms them by far.
You do not want to land somewhere just to find that a wheel from your cheap luggage has cracked or popped off while in storage.

I mention the second part, because how can you (SolenGloals99) judge someone who spent $1200 on a quality product that actually functions better, when people on here spend $xxxxxx on a product that functions the same as a cheaper product.

Travis Scott Cactus Jack x Dior collaboration July 13th
1656810284115.png

1656810318618.png

1656809811320.png

1656809731474.png

1656809766685.png

1656811028573.png

1656811342041.png

I mention the second part, because how can you (SolenGloals99) judge someone who spent $1200 on a quality product that actually functions better, when people on here spend $xxxxxx on a product that functions the same as a cheaper product.

I wouldn’t consider myself a frequent flier but i travel at least once a month and I’ve had the same carry-on luggage for around 7 years that cost probably $300 for a small/medium/large set without any issues. I used to work at the airport and see people travel with all types of luggage and I couldn’t imagine paying more than $300ish for a piece of luggage. That includes the high end stuff, Tumi, etc…many years ago I bought a luggage set from walmart for around $150 and it was okay at best. Definitely not something i could have used monthly but sparingly it was okay.

But like we always say: to each their own & if it works for you then congratulations!

The guy above me (SolenGloals99) said "You bougie for sure if you’re buying a $1200 carry-on. Jesus"

So i'm saying its not bougie. You're investing in something thats actually functionally better than a cheap luggage. You may not think so but i've used multiple luggages in the past and Rimowa aluminium ones outperforms them by far.
You do not want to land somewhere just to find that a wheel from your cheap luggage has cracked or popped off while in storage.

Gotcha. You coudda worded it better. :lol:

I had the plastic or whatever it was Rimowa, not the aluminum. Though I will say we had A LOT of returns on Rimowas when I was Barneys. Various issues, cracked wheels, handles, broken locks, huge dents. The typical. Probably happens alot more to cheaper luggage though you right.

YMMV on most things. It's going to depend on what airline u flying, who's working the loading and unloading.
But ive been with Rimowas for many years and I never had any issues with the wheels/locks/ dents or damage of any kind. I also like the knowledge that I can go to any Rimowa store in the world and have it serviced if need be.

Once again, if u wanna question why I would pay $1200 for luggage, i can extend that same form of logic to a lot of stuff posted on this very thread.

YMMV on most things. It's going to depend on what airline u flying, who's working the loading and unloading.
But ive been with Rimowas for many years and I never had any issues with the wheels/locks/ dents or damage of any kind. I also like the knowledge that I can go to any Rimowa store in the world and have it serviced if need be.

Once again, if u wanna question why I would pay $1200 for luggage, i can extend that same form of logic to a lot of stuff posted on this very thread.

No ones questioning why you buying $1200 luggage big shot. :lol:

i feel like Rimowas have a higher rate of being stolen. The 5 ish people i know who got their luggage “lost” were rimowas

Doesn’t matter the airlines - them bags getting tossed by the wheel and thrown and stacked. And if the wheel or handle comes off or zipper breaks - they keep it going.

No ones questioning why you buying $1200 luggage big shot. :lol:
The post im responding to literally said i was bougie for buying $1200 carry on so i dont know what your talking about. I didnt claim to be big shot either.

But i mustve hit a nerve with you. Carry on.

i feel like Rimowas have a higher rate of being stolen. The 5 ish people i know who got their luggage “lost” were rimowas
Actually stolen or people get confused and think it’s their luggage? Haven’t done air travel since pre Covid but rimowas were pretty common to see from what I remember. I think a lot of ppl used to buy as a “stealth wealth” type flex until they get to airport and there’s a good % of ppl with the same luggage.

Back
Top Bottom