HIIT Before Bed?

Ok so I've looked around and can't find a concrete answer. The only time I'm able to workout is after I get off of work. This is my schedule - 
Work - 10PM - 6:30AM

Gym - 7AM - 9AM

Sleep - 10AM - 6PM

Babysit Nephews - 6:30PM - Until I go to work

Ok so my question is, is it beneficial to do HIIT in my case right before bed? I know one of the benefits of HIIT is that it raises your metabolism, but for how long? Is it pointless since I'm going right to bed? 

no its not pointless.. ppl get caught up in times to workout.. if youre busy..just make sure you get the workout in. but yea might be awake for awhile

Well actually I've done two sessions of it, and I'm able to go right to sleep..And yes I do push myself really hard..I just want to make sure I'm getting the benefits of interval training..

As long as you eat something when youre done, physically speaking youre not hindering your progress.

Who knows the accuracy of the statement, but I've read that first thing in the morning can be optimal for fat loss.  For me personally, I wouldn't do it at night, and I don't think it would be as beneficial.  But, in the end I tend to say go with what works for you.  People get results with so many different workout routines/times/etc.

I go to the gym around 8pm every night and do my running there... I really never have a problem falling asleep...

I wouldn't exercise at night regardless if you sleep well, but if it's the only time you can exercise then so be it. I say wake up earlier. Your body runs on a 24 hour clock and certain processes come into play at certain times. After the sun sets is when our bodies go into physical regeneration mode. Cortisol levels drop, digestion slows down, melatonin levels rise, etc. We're supposed to be active during the day and rest when nightfalls. After 10 pm, your body is in repair mode and it's crucial you leave that time for rest otherwise your immune system could become compromised.

i work the same schedule. i work from 10 - 6 am, gym at 8 am, sleep by 10 am.

only problem i have is i dont et consistant long sleep. i sleep 3 hours here and there. i try to get an hour or two at work but i always feel like im awake .

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I wouldn't exercise at night regardless if you sleep well, but if it's the only time you can exercise then so be it. I say wake up earlier. Your body runs on a 24 hour clock and certain processes come into play at certain times. After the sun sets is when our bodies go into physical regeneration mode. Cortisol levels drop, digestion slows down, melatonin levels rise, etc. We're supposed to be active during the day and rest when nightfalls. After 10 pm, your body is in repair mode and it's crucial you leave that time for rest otherwise your immune system could become compromised.

Did you even read OP's post?

He works out in the morning and sleeps during the afternoon.

To answer the OP, HIIT is fine before going to sleep. If you sleep fine after weight training then I dont think HIIT will have a negative impact on your sleep. Anyways, try it out and see what happens.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

To answer the OP, HIIT is fine before going to sleep. If you sleep fine after weight training then I dont think HIIT will have a negative impact on your sleep. Anyways, try it out and see what happens.
Yeah I doubt he read what I posted..Thanks for the advicd guys..

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Sorry to steal your thunder But do these toning belts, something like this, http://www.amazon.com/Sle...id=1267159688&sr=8-2 actually work?

Not at all.

O ok thanks

I had a chance to get one for cheap and I was just gonna wear it around the house when I'm doin nothin, but since they don't give you some results I'll save my 20 bucks

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dude said wake up earlier and work out.  When dude says "after 10pm", he is referring to the morning for your case.  You can't the the most optimal work towards the end of your day.  The best time to work out is after a good meal in the morning.  However, 4 hours after you awake, your body goes in lax mode (not a good time to work out).  After that period, your energy levels heighten again and slowly start to decline through the day.  Hence, him stating wake up earlier and work out.  If you can't ...working out towards the end of your day is fine, you just not be getting the most out of the workout and you'll be more likely to get sick.

Back
Top Bottom