Hip-Hop Dethrones Rock as the Most Consumed Music Genre in the U.S.

Man if there were 5 solid projects in one year back in the day that was a spectacular year. These days there's just too much music and so if we don't get 30 mind blowing projects people call it a bad year. This year has actually been pretty damn solid for hip-hop projects.

It's been a very good year both mixtape and album wise

2017 has definitely been solid.

Kendrick, Joey, 2Chainz, Gucci, Future, Big Boi, Migos, Sean all had solid projects.

2017 been a resurgance in hip hop from damn near every lane. There's been dope projects dropped for whatever you're into. Lots of diversity. I've said this like 1000x on NT this year :lol:. But there really are a number of good projects from January til now.

I'm super duper stoked for Hip-Hop. I love that we are no.1.

Let's discuss what the heck happened to rock, though!? I don't see any cable TV promo for any new bands. Maybe VH1 Rock and that's it? You have to live on YouTube to find out who are the new rock acts and follow their campaigns.

Let's discuss what the heck happened to rock, though!? I don't see any cable TV promo for any new bands. Maybe VH1 Rock and that's it? You have to live on YouTube to find out who are the new rock acts and follow their campaigns.

It's an older genre so it becomes harder and harder to innovate. In the more extreme subgenres like hardcore and all that, people are stuck in the past, and it's more of an authenticity thing that f**** them up. One of the few genres in which success will hurt your career unless you completely change your style, which can also **** up your career.

Hov, Dot, Super x2, Sean, Drake, Tiller, Gucci, 21, Chainz, Joey, PnB Rock, Kodak, Thug, Meek, Khalid,French Montana, Migos, Uzi maybe, Yatchy,

2017 been crazy. There's something for everyone.

And Hip-Hop is popular music and has been for awhile this is probably outdated as hell.

im a fan of both. i had my fall out boys, disturbed, slipknot, nirvana, etc phase. still enjoy listening to them every now and then.
same with hip-hop.

but these days i been listening to so many other types of music... really anything that just sounds good to me. it could range from alternative, electronic, kpop, etc.

Rock hasn't had a superstar since Cobain, that's what happened.

Contain was a megastar. Mastodon is kind of the face of rock at the moment

Back
Top Bottom