Hip Hop, the Hidden Hand, Degradation of Black Masculinity

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What exactly have you watched that you haven't agreed with in his videos?

That video you posted is a good video as well. Lupe's comments went over a lot of people's heads. Word to plants.

He's trying to hard IMO, These guys are like this because they want to be, Just because someone looks at these guys or listens to them doesn't mean you have to act like them. But yes, it ruins it everyone, So most people that look at African-Americans like these they'll think all of them are like that.

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

Go to around 8:15. He says "to throw away all the books". My problem is he's probably talking to like a 5th grade teacher. It's not like he's talking about advanced subjects. He comes off like an idiot, imo

I don't agree with that either
laugh.gif
, Just agree with Bun B. There was a video of Bun B by himself but I couldn't find it so I just posted that one.

Originally Posted by JD214

He's trying to hard IMO, These guys are like this because they want to be, Just because someone looks at these guys or listens to them doesn't mean you have to act like them. But yes, it ruins it everyone, So most people that look at African-Americans like these they'll think all of them are like that.
I don't think the point of the video is to speak about how people do and repeat things they have seen/heard. He is more so focused on the degradation of black masculinity. I think you might want to watch a little more (if you want) because you kind of came to that conclusion pretty quickly.

I don't think the point of the video is to speak about how people do and repeat things they have seen/heard. He is more so focused on the degradation of black masculinity. I think you might want to watch a little more (if you want) because you kind of came to that conclusion pretty quickly.

Yeah vid was too long, couldn't watch all of it.
laugh.gif

Yeah vid was too long, couldn't watch all of it.
laugh.gif

Fool I know you didn't watch it. You said you were about to watch it and 3 mins later you said you didn't agree. LOL. Not fooling anyone.

Fool I know you didn't watch it. You said you were about to watch it and 3 mins later you said you didn't agree. LOL. Not fooling anyone.

Go to around 8:15. He says "to throw away all the books". My problem is he's probably talking to like a 5th grade teacher. It's not like he's talking about advanced subjects. He comes off like an idiot, imo

Agreed

Agreed

Parts 1-3 is just the lecturer speaking on his personal life, nothing related to the topic. So you can start on part 4. If you know how to use YouTube, you know you can just go to the right and click on for the next video. I know many won't care but I thought I should share

http://www.youtube.com/wa...KXXc&feature=related

When I finish watching this prepare for a good debate.

Parts 1-3 is just the lecturer speaking on his personal life, nothing related to the topic. So you can start on part 4. If you know how to use YouTube, you know you can just go to the right and click on for the next video. I know many won't care but I thought I should share

http://www.youtube.com/wa...KXXc&feature=related

When I finish watching this prepare for a good debate.

Yea it is a lot man. I am still watching. The portion on Masons is where I am. So the Pope is a Mason?

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
8:00-the end. Yall man Pac.

Yea it is a lot man. I am still watching. The portion on Masons is where I am. So the Pope is a Mason?

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
8:00-the end. Yall man Pac.

the sugar hill gang. were like high school kids.Is this dude serious. He is grasping straws and using half truths.

the sugar hill gang. were like high school kids.Is this dude serious. He is grasping straws and using half truths.

Pretty interesting stuff, he definitely puts a different perspective on the imaging of hip hop cd's and other pictures and just that lifestyle

Pretty interesting stuff, he definitely puts a different perspective on the imaging of hip hop cd's and other pictures and just that lifestyle

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

What did he say about Sugar Hill again? Degrading their masculinity? I can't remember. Which part?

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

What did he say about Sugar Hill again? Degrading their masculinity? I can't remember. Which part?

Back
Top Bottom