Hip Hops promotion of pill abuse and other hard drug abuse

Nah my mans, hip hop not taken the blame for this one...your folks had a underlining problem don't put the blame on some 808s. Cousin lacked structure and discipline in life.

Last edited:
How many Percocets does one need to take to od and die??
Condolences to you and your family first of all, may he rest in peace.

As for your question, really not that much. It's not really the oxycodone in the Percocet that is the most dangerous. There is 10mg of oxycodone in 1 Percocet pill at most. Consider that Oxycontin (branded oxycodone) can come in 80mg tablets, you'd need quite a lot of Percocets. But that's not the biggest danger.

The biggest danger with drugs like Percocet is the acetaminophen. Acetaminophen's overdose threshold is much lower and is very toxic to your liver at that point. Technically, 4000mg is where it becomes harmful to your liver and can cause permanent liver damage.

When you look at the strongest dosage of Percocet, which is 10mg oxycodone and 325mg acetaminophen per pill, and compare that to the strongest dosage of Oxycontin 80mg (80mg of oxycodone), do the math. To equal 80mg of oxycodone in Percocet pills, you'd have already consumed 2600mg of acetaminophen. That's more than half of acetaminophen's overdose threshold.

Opiate painkillers build up tolerance of course, and addicts will not just stop at 80mg of oxycodone, which is where it becomes dangerous.

Percocet and other drugs like it that contain a mix of opiates and acetaminophen are particularly dangerous, in part because many people don't know how harmful acetaminophen can be. You can inflict devastating and likely permanent harm on your liver without ODing from the amount of opiates in them. Hence why it's so harmful. With a high opiate tolerance you could potentially be destroying your liver from the amount of acetaminophen you'd be ingesting from high to very high Percocet recreational dosages. To OD from the oxycodone in Percocet with a high tolerance, the acetaminophen would already be wreaking havoc on your liver before you get near the opiate OD threshold.

I'm prescribed opiate painkillers (Tramadol, slightly stronger than codeine) for my disease and I would not recommend using any sort of opiate painkiller for any other reason other than a last resort option from a licensed physician. Because of our prescription pill problem here, doctors and hospitals have taken steps to reduce that in the past years and are very hesitant to prescribe opiates now. For the vast majority of surgeries, you'll get proper pain medication like morphine etc. while you recover in the hospital but you will be sent home with no painkillers after a few days. When I got half of my right lung removed for example, I had more opiates than I could count in my body the first few days after the surgery. After 4 or 5 days I was sent home with nothing.

Same goes for wisdom teeth removal. In the US you usually get a bunch of opiates for wisdom teeth removal right?

Of course not everyone is happy with having zero painkillers after painful surgeries etc. but the most an average physician will prescribe you after being released from the hospital is Tramadol. Unless you go to a "pill doctor", your odds of legally acquiring anything stronger are close to 0%.

Overprescription is a major contributor to opiate problems, because it's not something that should be handled lightly. Technically you can get physical addiction to an opiate within a month of regular dosages. And speaking from experience, opiate withdrawal is not something you want to experience. It is hell in every sense of the word. I have asked my mom to keep my pain medication hidden from me and locked with a key because I know that I would probably be unable to stop myself if they were readily available to me, particularly on days where my chronic pain is worse than usual.

I have to take my pain medication at very exact times each day or the withdrawals start kicking in within the hour. It starts with cold sweats/hot chills, then one of my arms starts to feel like there's an electric current running through it and your brain feels like it's being attacked by an overload of stimuli. And finally, the "brain zaps", as I call them. Kind of like your brain getting jolted with an electric shock every so often.

In short, stay very far away from any opiate painkiller unless your physician feels like it is absolutely necessary and you have tried all other forms of pain relief. In my case the chronic pain was far too unbearable to function with non-opiate painkillers so my Tramadol prescription is a necessary evil. If you're really in god awful pain and nothing else works, then obviously you should take that step towards opiates. But be very careful with them and stop using them as soon as you no longer really need them to function properly.

Last edited:
Future and Uzi are the just the government advertising Xanax and Heroin. I say heroin because when you spend your check on a couple pints and you run out and can't afford more, the neighborhood dope boy has that H on deck for you to get your fix and boom you're hooked.

Interesting article. I knew Country Music was the leader of drug references. I once heard that Country concerts have the most arrests out of any genre of music too. All that said, its bigger than the music.

Interesting article. I knew Country Music was the leader of drug references. I once heard that Country concerts have the most arrests out of any genre of music too. All that said, its bigger than the music.

I was in the whip once with no aux cord or cds and decided to put the radio on a random station. Some countrysong was on so as im listening this dudes singing about how he got some blow and it wasnt good so he went to the guy who sold it to him and whooped his ***. Im in the whip like wtf hows this on the radio??

Big booty o'z is my drug

Then why you always forget to take it?

Jk.

I popped a **** load of x back when mac dre was big. So I know what it was to be young and influential plus friends that "want you to have a good time/share experience". Between those factors you'll try anything.
Regretfully I put a kid on to x. Few months later I hear he's off the oxy & robbing gas stations. Dude ends up catching a 6 year stretch. Just got out a few years back and i reached out a few times but he never responds. I'll carry that with me for life. He don't even know [emoji]128532[/emoji] We were boys since 7th grade & skated together

Last edited:
Drug Dealer Breon Hollings Gets His Trap House Raided While Flashing Cash On Facebook Live

A Jacksonville drug dealer was stunting on Facebook Live when cops shut him down by busting open his front door and raiding his trap house.

Breon Hollings, 22, was flashing cash and bragging about how "it don't stop" on Thursday, June 1, when police arrived. At that point things did stop quite suddenly.

Hollings was arrested after officers found a handgun, crack cocaine, ammunition, oxycodone pills and drug paraphernalia at the home, according to Action News Jax.

View media item 2454201
He will face a judge in three weeks.

----

All I gotta say is, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Drug Dealer Breon Hollings Gets His Trap House Raided While Flashing Cash On Facebook Live

A Jacksonville drug dealer was stunting on Facebook Live when cops shut him down by busting open his front door and raiding his trap house.

Breon Hollings, 22, was flashing cash and bragging about how "it don't stop" on Thursday, June 1, when police arrived. At that point things did stop quite suddenly.

Hollings was arrested after officers found a handgun, crack cocaine, ammunition, oxycodone pills and drug paraphernalia at the home, according to Action News Jax.

View media item 2454201
He will face a judge in three weeks.

----

All I gotta say is, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

View media item 2454203

dont feel like quoting but I absolutely find the logic behind "white people do it toooooo" ridiculous. So if white people have music that referenced doing heroin that makes it ok for other genres of music to talk about shooting up and nodding out as well?

The main topic is hip hop. why are we bringing up other genres. Sure as a reference but what does that solve? What does that prove? Even if other genres of music are referencing hardcore drugs a lot of hip hop culture/ music is influencing and damaging The youth and that's a problem.
All this.

It's like...after we come to the realization that ALL music has to power to do this and that it's not just OUR kids being effected...when do you take off your "it's not just Hip-Hop" glasses? Mothe****** WE KNOW THAT. It's almost as if people believe because we're talking about Hip-Hop...that we're completely oblivious to other cultures that also promote certain themes. 

It's like the BLM/ALM conundrum. 

*****...because I'm saying BLM...doesn't ******* mean I don't think ALM. 

Last edited:
I believe people addicts will be addicts always and forever, and will eventually find their vice, if you're telling me Future rapping about percs drove you to your addiction, how much hope did you truly have?

That new rapper NAV is trash and a junkie.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of these rappers were backed by pharmaceutical companies.
I honestly don't even believe son partakes in half of what he raps about.

But according to many...it's entertainment...so I guess there's nothing wrong with rapping about heavy drug use when in reality...you rarely pop Tylenol, eat clean, and drink 8 Fiji waters on a daily basis. 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
I honestly don't even believe son partakes in half of what he raps about.

But according to many...it's entertainment...so I guess there's nothing wrong with rapping about heavy drug use when in reality...you rarely pop Tylenol, eat clean, and drink 8 Fiji waters on a daily basis. :\  
Yea I think a lot of these impressionable kids don't realize is that a lot of these rappers don't actually take the drugs they rap about although many do.

How much do Percocet pills cost in the streets? I'm trying to figure out how dude afforded them without having a job. I've been told that he was also drinking when he took the pills.

How much do Percocet pills cost in the streets? I'm trying to figure out how dude afforded them without having a job. I've been told that he was also drinking when he took the pills.
I would imagine they're quite expensive due to the oxycodone in them. Also, both alcohol and opiates are CNS depressants and they interact with eachother. They make eachother's effects stronger, hence why drinking alcohol with pills like opiates and benzodiazepines (Xanax, ...) can be very dangerous. Oxycodone is a very strong opiate so combining it with a sizeable amount of alcohol can easily supress the central nervous system to the point of respiratory failure. 

Last edited:

$1/mg

5s most common dose, so $5/pill average unless you cop in bulk

Last edited:
$1/mg

5s most common dose, so $5/pill average unless you cop in bulk
Damn so they're affordable.

They're cheap cuz they have acetaminophen (tylenol) in them. For reference 4 perc 10s have 1300ish mg tylenol in them.

One Opana or Roxy 40 is equal to the dope in 4 perc 10s without the cut for the same price. Way more dangerous also. Percs just wayyyyy more common.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom