hobbies/sports/activities you are really good at but have no passion for...

Basketball. I was always just really good and probably could have made the NBA pretty easily but who wants to put up with filing for the draft and stuff you know? Way too much hassle there. So yeah I just gave it up even though I had such an abundance of natural talent that surely would have translated to 7-figure contracts had I continued, but I just didn't care enough about the game and I didn't love it.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by osubass1

i had a .600+ lifetime batting average through high school.

i was the stolen base leader and had a ridiculous slugging percentage.

one day, out of nowhere, i gave it up.

then i'm sure you made all-city or all-state, so pics?
nerd.gif

yes, i did make all-state.

but  i'm 33 years old, man. digital cameras were barely even a thought while i was playing ball.

sorry, no pics.

Piano and programming. I never really liked piano but I was good and my mom always hoped I would eventually. Nah. Programming is just natural. If I learn the language code its a matter of someone telling me what they want the program to do. Just didn't like sitting infront of a cpu

track and basketball, usually ended up droppin off teams because it just didnt do it for me anymore.

Street basketball, ya know, doing those fancy tricks and making people ankles snap... for some reason - I lost the passion for it.

I still play from time to time though.

It's funny, because people don't expect me to be good at basketball/crossovers/tricks - but when I step on the court... people be like
eek.gif

basketball

used to love it, now i hate it, dont even bother watchin it anymore

to me, ever since jordan retired the nba has gone down the toilet

nerd.gif

but  i'm 33 years old, man. digital cameras were barely even a thought while i was playing ball.

sorry, no pics.

huh? i meant take a pic of the article or scan it...

From 4th grade I was a beast in baseball, little league mvps and all that but I always wanted to play basketball...skipped practices and games just to be on the court with my friends
laugh.gif
...baseball is some boring %@%%

nerd.gif

sorry, no pics.
f

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

nerd.gif

sorry, no pics.
f

that's fine. doesn't really make any difference if you believe me or not.

unlike most of the people here, i don't live with my parents. they are the ones who have all of my baseball stuff. also, all the articles and pictures are 17+ years old. i wouldn't even know where to begin to look for them.

guess i'll never be able to prove it.

you have no idea how much it pains me that a bunch of little 16-17 year old kids don't believe me. i don't even know how i'll make it through the day...

if you have a serious question, i'll be more than happy to answer. just send me a PM.

Drawing, painting, etc... I haven't done any artwork in a while. Used to go to school for fine arts, but just couldn't keep it going. I realized I only became an art major because at the time it was the only thing I knew I was good at. I hadn't discovered any other talents/abilities at that point, and I would have gone down a different path had I taken a little more time. Only time I do any artwork now is if someone commissions me to do a portrait or something for them, but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom