HOH/Footlocker/Footaction - NO Returns on release date product

I dont think some people are realizing this but they are basically saying you cant return anything!

If I buy a shoe for my girl, dad, kids or cousin and they dont like it or it doesnt fit....Im stuck with it forever?!? Think about that?

You can return unworn clothes, video games and other electronics but I cant return a pair of Lebrons, if me or my girl dont want them anymore?

If they are worrying about resellers, why dont they dont have a 3 pair limit on any release date shoe? This wont end well especially around the Holidays

This policy is stupid, whoever decided upon this really needs to be fired
laugh.gif
you expect me,as well as thousands of other people,pay $160,175,220+tax for shoes and not have the option of returning? If white/red 14s are any indication of what to expect the rest of 2012 regarding quality,FTL corp is gonna have a serious headache with customers who are not awae of this new policy...I want to see FTL publicize this policy. To the public....this policy is more of a reason for me to continue spending money wit local mom/pops and people I know who have Their own business.....FTL wants to talk about stores selling ealy, markup retail,etc,but this policy isn't as shady or even worse? Smh

This policy has been in affect at the store I shopped at and now work. If I remember right there used to be a certain list of shoes that you could not bring back. To my understanding you can exchange size wise but not return. I'll try and get more clarification and report back to the thread. It's not the end of the world though, most shoes are still safe for return they are targeting your foam, qs/popular Jordan's, mainly shoes that are selling out within hours of opening...

HOH has had thispolicy on "hoh exclusive" releases since I can remember...but to do it corporate wide on nearly all Nike releases?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I dont think some people are realizing this but they are basically saying you cant return anything!

If I buy a shoe for my girl, dad, kids or cousin and they dont like it or it doesnt fit....Im stuck with it forever?!? Think about that?

You can return unworn clothes, video games and other electronics but I cant return a pair of Lebrons, if me or my girl dont want them anymore?

If they are worrying about resellers, why dont they dont have a 3 pair limit on any release date shoe? This wont end well especially around the Holidays

Exactly.  It's going to cause more headaches than solve problems.  That's great that they're cracking down on resellers, but this method has too many flaws in it.

.....Can always return defected pairs to nike as long as it's within x amount of years i believe. I have no problem with the policy.

Really hope any shoe thats purchasd actually fits. I know lebrons are cut crazy small and a lot of people buy their true size and try on when they get home. No returns is stupid. Worst case is they should give store credit

Return. The defectedshoes to nike then what?a nike voucher which forces you to. Make a nike purchase...what if someone. Wants their actual $ back,and not a voucher?....this whole policy is ******ed
Resellers are not taking a L btw...."real" resellers don't buy their stock in FTLs/FAs/etc....they already have connects to buy in bulk....customers are taking a L,no one else

Anybody that cosgins this is stupid, so u better know your size, make sure it fits right and you better check the quality and be satisfied cuz theres no turnin back when u get that receipt

Originally Posted by cubanref

I called to ask about an order I placed and decided to ask about the return policy. They told me that if you want to return a pair of shoes that you have to call footlocker and then go back to the store, where they will ship them out to the Footlocker warehouse for you. Then it would take up 14 days for you to get a refund check from Footlocker....these people must be crazy if they think I'm going through all of this to return a pair
laugh.gif

and there you have it....still can do returns for money back. Just more of a hassle to some.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

I called to ask about an order I placed and decided to ask about the return policy. They told me that if you want to return a pair of shoes that you have to call footlocker and then go back to the store, where they will ship them out to the Footlocker warehouse for you. Then it would take up 14 days for you to get a refund check from Footlocker....these people must be crazy if they think I'm going through all of this to return a pair
laugh.gif

and there you have it....still can do returns for money back. Just more of a hassle to some.

His case was an online order.

Was told it applies for in store purchases also. It's per manager if they decide to accept return or not in store still. If manager doesn't accept....still can get a smart label and return to warehouse with receipt. Most returns will only be given in gift card amount or exchanges. Under certain circumstances like defects should be able to get a check. Basically just like eastbay does now.

Originally Posted by jshortt

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I never return anything so this doesn't affect me..nor did it ever affect me when I was workin for the company..

If you buy it in the first place make sure you actually want it..returns are a hassle for both sides IMO..

DING-DING-DING-DING!!!  And just like lynchpin said, this is to keep the a-hole resellers from buying up size runs, then returning them at full price months after release because they couldn't flip them.  Or hypebeasts buying a pair because the internet told them to, then returning them a month later because "they weren't hot anyway," and they won't admit they got caught up.  Too many people taking advantage of this kind of stuff, and Foot Locker had to do something because they were tired of losing money on this exact scenario.

I have no problems with it because I know what size shoe I wear, and I only buy what I truly want.

Peace,
   J

After having worked retail for several years I can attest to what Jshortt is saying. Far too many people buying product solely on hype and then returning it within a few weeks. The worst case would be them wearing the shoes to impress their (male) friends and then trying to return them as 'unworn'. The problem with Nike/JB product today is that it so hyped and the releases are not spaced far apart. You're getting cases where hypebeasts buy hyped release A on the first of the month then return it back on the fifteenth of the month to buy hyped release B. Meanwhile release B has killed all demand for release A and the store potentially has to mark it down or transition it.

On the subject of reselling, an experienced reseller will typically buy out FSRs from outlets and that act in itself is highly debatable. Nevertheless, this 'new' policy that HoH is adopting is to weed out the amateur resellers who are buying out FSRs of 'Launch' product like 'Swingman' or 'Mango' Lebron IXs based soley on internet forum hype then returning them due to not being able to move 'em as quickly as expected. 

The pitfall of not being able to try on or inspect product is that a) Nike/JB quality is extremely suspect these days and b) their shoe sizing is terribly off. About 5 years ago I'd consistently be a size 10, now I'm taking 9.5-11 depending on the model. The Lebron line, starting with the Lebron VIII has been one of the worst offenders - Lebron VIII V1/V2 are half size too small while PS is true to size. Lebron IX takes the cake though - the regular model (none of the VI/V2 crap) fits inconsistenly. The first few IX releases fit a half size small, but the most recent IX releases fit a full size too small. There's absolutely no justification for the same shoe to fit differently.

I TRIED TO RETURN A PAIR OF FOAMS ONCE SINCE MY FOOT HAD GREW 1/2 A SZ AND A FOOTACTION MGR GAVE ME HELL FOR IT. I ENDED UP HAVING TO CALL THE 800# AND SENDING IT TO THEM AND THEY CUT ME A CHECK FOR THE AMOUNT ON THE RECEIPT.

I GUESS NO MORE BUYING KICKS FOR GIFTS AS A SURPRISE CUZ IF THEY DONT LIKE IT YOU ARE SCREWED!

Originally Posted by novaflight

About time!

While I don't agree with the return policy, I'm glad Nike started to crackdown on their shady dealings.
this is Footlocker policy, not Nike's.  You can still return release date stuff at Nike stores as far as I know

Originally Posted by bigj505

laugh.gif

this isn't any different than what happens when you buy something from NDC and have to return it.  What's all the fuss about?

Originally Posted by nimhet

this isn't any different than what happens when you buy something from NDC and have to return it.  What's all the fuss about?

<You obviously don't know the Nike return policy.

If you buy something from ndc you can just return it to any nikestore

This new policy sucks because of all the inconsistent sizing. I wear from a 12-14 in nike.

I also really doubt that its has anything to do with reseller. If they where stuck with a pair of Nike or Jordan's they could just take it to a niketown and then use they gc to buy the next sneaker they are trying to flip

so you think I"m just making up this statement?  I've returned several items purchased from NDC to a Nikestore and that's the way it has worked.  Not sure what you are talking about

so you think I"m just making up this statement?  I've returned several items purchased from NDC to a Nikestore and that's the way it has worked.  Not sure what you are talking about
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom