HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

I was, too, but my reaction upon arriving at Footlocker to buy the "black" 11s in Spring '96 was the opposite of yours. I saw the red and said, wait, what the hell is this? That's not what I want LOL.
I bought them anyway but I was not happy. I just left them in my closet at home when I went back to college at the end of the weekend. I didn't even want to wear them. Whenever I saw someone on campus wearing them in the following weeks, all I could think was, damn those are ugly, why did I even buy them, and why couldn't they have just released the colorway we saw last year in the playoffs :lol:

Everyone that's a little older that I talk to from that time has this same story :lol: This dude at the college I work with is a big sneaker guy like the old school ones with no media at all. Dude was soooo pissed on the RD and he was at a FTL too. Showed up early and everything :lol: :lol: This is comedy to me because I didnt even know about SJ's until the movie so I ALWAYS looked forward to the Black/Reds.

Everyone that's a little older that I talk to from that time has this same story :lol: This dude at the college I work with is a big sneaker guy like the old school ones with no media at all. Dude was soooo pissed on the RD and he was at a FTL too. Showed up early and everything :lol: :lol: This is comedy to me because I didnt even know about SJ's until the movie so I ALWAYS looked forward to the Black/Reds.
All I knew about the OG release was from asking Footlocker, "When do the black XIs release?" So I only knew the date. Just assumed they'd be the black/clear-sole version. Never saw any photos or info about the shoe other than knowing a black version was dropping on April whatever it was. So it was a shock when I rocked up to FTL on release morning and saw it had a little poster up front promoting the shoe, and the picture on it showed a black and red version. Ruined my whole day :rofl:

All I knew about the OG release was from asking Footlocker, "When do the black XIs release?" So I only knew the date. Just assumed they'd be the black/clear-sole version. Never saw any photos or info about the shoe other than knowing a black version was dropping on April whatever it was. So it was a shock when I rocked up to FTL on release morning and saw it had a little poster up front promoting the shoe, and the picture on it showed a black and red version. Ruined my whole day :rofl:

:lol: Yeah I think he said he asked them a few times too and just said the Black ones because that was normal.. the finesse is hilarious. Things that could only have happened back then lol. Till this day the guy kind of feels a way and covets the SJ's because of it.

Loved the black reds from day 1. Even when I got the Concord in fall of 95' I was already trying to imagine and wondering if a black red pair would drop. It's always been my sig colorway for J's. Had the Infareds, charcoal 7, playoff 8, charcoal 9, bred 11 (I.skipped shadow 10's), and Bred 13's.

:lol: Yeah I think he said he asked them a few times too and just said the Black ones because that was normal.. the finesse is hilarious. Things that could only have happened back then lol. Till this day the guy kind of feels a way and covets the SJ's because of it.
Exact same here. The "Space Jams" were a unicorn to me for 20 years as a result. I wasn't really paying close attention to sneakers (I guess I was just on a down-cycle of personal interest at the time for some reason) when the first SJ drop happened, so I missed it. The 2009s sucked for obvious reasons so I didn't even try to get them. Finally getting two pairs with the 2016 release was the end of a very long journey LOL

Last edited:
I know the consensus is Zadeh legit af. But I just can’t preorder thru him. My friends do it, and they have even done for the CG 11s as well, and the fact that they got them for like $50-75 under retail doesn’t sit well with me. Just seems off. But hey, everyone says he legit and my friends have sold his shoes on stockx without any issues (grinches). I just can’t loan my money to a guy for 9 months, I’d rather just cop on release day and deal with the hassle then lol.

I’d be careful about dealing with Zadeh in the future as it’s been a mix bag, and definitely don’t put in money you’re not willing to lose. I actually had an interesting interaction with him this past weekend as I was “lucky” enough to score a pair of orange Grateful Dead on preorder, but it’s been almost a year since the release so I followed up with him in January, and no replies. I followed up again in March, and he got back to me over a week later stating there was no update, and I can get store credit if I like. Obviously the store credit paled in comparison to the shoes secondary value, and I don’t know what kind of update he was looking for since a year ago when this shoe released. I simply replied “the shoe released last year… I’ll wait for the order to be fulfilled”. I guess this harmless reply got his panties in a bunch bc he stated “The shoe was only released in a handful at one store, not part of ours and that is clear from policies. For your insinuation we are refunding all your open orders and banning you now. You are not welcome to purchase here”. He never gave the heads up that he wasn’t honoring this preorder bc it released in one store, which would be more understandable since he could have given a refund like a year before if he knew he was going to pull this scam. I’m actually kind of relieved that he’s done with me, since he did refund like $14k of preorders, and his **** was getting turned around later and later lately. Honestly, I feel that this is a ponzi scheme at this point as I see this guy flossing on his IG with AMG G Wagons, Porsche GT3, and luxury watches, and glad I wasn’t left holding the bag. Not saying it’s all bad since he did score me a Jordan 4 OW Sail for $400, even though he tried pawning off a less valuable 13 or 14 instead of the 13.5 I ordered, which I eventually got.

Last edited:
OD

If you wanna cop personals on GR type stuff, you’re good to go

If you want to roll the dice on ultra limited stuff or shoes that are just rumors and prob won’t release, then prepared to either be refunded or let your money sit. But you know that going into it...

and if you wanna buy in bulk to resell then I guess that’s a whole other ball game, which 14K in preorders sounds like that lol.

I’d be careful about dealing with Zadeh in the future as it’s been a mix bag, and definitely don’t put in money you’re not willing to lose. I actually had an interesting interaction with him this past weekend as I was “lucky” enough to score a pair of orange Grateful Dead on preorder, but it’s been almost a year since the release so I followed up with him in January, and no replies. I followed up again in March, and he got back to me over a week later stating there was no update, and I can get store credit if I like. Obviously the store credit paled in comparison to the shoes secondary value, and I don’t know what kind of update he was looking for since a year ago when this shoe released. I simply replied “the shoe released last year… I’ll wait for the order to be fulfilled”. I guess this harmless reply got his panties in a bunch bc he stated “The shoe was only released in a handful at one store, not part of ours and that is clear from policies. For your insinuation we are refunding all your open orders and banning you now. You are not welcome to purchase here”. He never gave the heads up that he wasn’t honoring this preorder bc it released in one store, which would be more understandable since he could have given a refund like a year before if he knew he was going to pull this scam. I’m actually kind of relieved that he’s done with me, since he did refund like $14k of preorders, and his **** was getting turned around later and later lately. Honestly, I feel that this is a ponzi scheme at this point as I see this guy flossing on his IG with AMG G Wagons, Porsche GT3, and luxury watches, and glad I wasn’t left holding the bag. Not saying it’s all bad since he did score me a Jordan 4 OW Sail for $400, even though he tried pawning off a less valuable 13 or 14 instead of the 13.5 I ordered, which I eventually got.
Glad to hear you got a refund and weren’t stuck with store credit.

So much to unpack here:

1. 14K in PREORDERS?! Ya rich on this site :lol:
2. Zadeh sounds like a ****. Didn't trust him already, but that story was wild sus as well. I'm good on dealing with him.

I was, too, but my reaction upon arriving at Footlocker to buy the "black" 11s in Spring '96 was the opposite of yours. I saw the red and said, wait, what the hell is this? That's not what I want LOL.
I bought them anyway but I was not happy. I just left them in my closet at home when I went back to college at the end of the weekend. I didn't even want to wear them. Whenever I saw someone on campus wearing them in the following weeks, all I could think was, damn those are ugly, why did I even buy them, and why couldn't they have just released the colorway we saw last year in the playoffs :lol:

In 1995 I remember seeing so many magazines and pictures with Jordan wearing the PEs that we now know as the space jams and everyone expecting those to release. It was common for people to dye their concords black to look like the space jams. This was pre-internet still and we had no clue as to what the shoe would look like, just the release date. At the time Jordans came out on weekdays so kids would skip the first part of school to go get them. I remember coming out of my first period class my 8th grade year and my buddy (who had the Columbia pair on) pointing towards a mutual friend that had the black and red XIs on. I thought they were hideous at first sight. Everyone in my age group insisted that they were so “tight” which was the word for dope in Houston Texas in the 90s. I wanted the player exclusive that he wore in the 95 playoffs. The 1996 playoffs were still a few weeks away when the black and reds XI dropped so naturally when I saw Mj wearing them, they grew on me and I loved them. Ah the 90s

In 1995 I remember seeing so many magazines and pictures with Jordan wearing the PEs that we now know as the space jams and everyone expecting those to release. It was common for people to dye their concords black to look like the space jams. This was pre-internet still and we had no clue as to what the shoe would look like, just the release date. At the time Jordans came out on weekdays so kids would skip the first part of school to go get them. I remember coming out of my first period class my 8th grade year and my buddy (who had the Columbia pair on) pointing towards a mutual friend that had the black and red XIs on. I thought they were hideous at first sight. Everyone in my age group insisted that they were so “tight” which was the word for dope in Houston Texas in the 90s. I wanted the player exclusive that he wore in the 95 playoffs. The 1996 playoffs were still a few weeks away when the black and reds XI dropped so naturally when I saw Mj wearing them, they grew on me and I loved them. Ah the 90s
“Tight” must’ve been everywhere lol I grew up in Seattle and we said tight, hella tight , a lot lmao I thought it was a west coast/cali thing

Back
Top Bottom