HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

I'm not surprised at all in the least bit. There is no way it's enough shoes going around for all these RoundTwo carbon copies to be lucrative without some of them cutting product with fakes. I see the owners of these resell shops post pandemic FLEXING. Rolexs, expensive whips, hottest collabs. I'm not hating and by all means get your money but at some point logic has to start playing in to some of these numbers.

I wouldn't be shocked if some PPP money went over to china to buy fakes.….

Take what I’m saying at face value and not a humble brag. I watched all that stuff from a far and saved up for when I could be like that.

they are lying, unless it’s a front (like doing very illegal stuff in the back)

but I know for a fact these self made millionaire entrepreneur types are either getting money from their parents or girlfriends parents or some family member or massively over leveraged. i had failed business dealings with plenty of them this past summer. None of them could come up with even like 5k cash.

they just take out loans on EVERYTHING and end up getting liquidated or doing some sad **** like sharing cars. A lot of them are renting them out on Turo on the low and losing money still on them having peoples nuts on their steering wheel. It’s crazy out here and even the Patagonia sweater vest country club dads are getting loans on loans. Just figured I’d share that with you, I was tight when I found out I was misled.

Last edited:
FAE84A80-6692-47EC-9F5C-891DCE791755.jpeg

UN-DS today. Hope y’all have a safe and happy holiday season.

I applaud the courage people have to un ds as soon as they get ‘em. I wait years and years until I even think of wearing them.

on a side note I’ve had 2 different waitresses spill drinks on me. Those moments I was glad I only wear beaters. My new rule is 1. Never wear sneakers to restaurants 2. Never wear to the movies. Mfers be stepping on toes to go to bathroom and under the table. **** all that.

I applaud the courage people have to un ds as soon as they get ‘em. I wait years and years until I even think of wearing them.

on a side note I’ve had 2 different waitresses spill drinks on me. Those moments I was glad I only wear beaters. My new rule is 1. Never wear sneakers to restaurants 2. Never wear to the movies. Mfers be stepping on toes to go to bathroom and under the table. **** all that.
Unfazed gotta hoop in em. The best is when kids come up to you and ask ‘dude why you hoopin in em aren’t they expensive’? And that’s when you shrug and say stay in school kids

Hear what your sayin,
think upping production is a valid fix however addresses the symptom more so than the core issues themselves. I want Nike to make money, when revenue is up they can direct it towards production quality. Take for instance the 4, there is no reason in 2021 we receive OG 4 cws with fake leather and **** midsoles that crumble in no time, theres just no excuse for that.
By upping production they are increasing cost of business which then could roll into product sitting which is definitely bad for business. Scarcity sparks desire and desire translates into profit when executed correctly. I want 90s quality product for us, the same undeniable quality that gave way to their rise to prominence and i dont believe that can be achieved by an increase in production.
Age of the Bot may have kicked off in ticket sneaker resell however it has now become a major issue in gaming computer hardware small business and hell even basic essentials such as dare i mention the great toilet paper flipping that was going on.
Joining in on the push to criminalize the creation and use of retail bots helps present Nike in a better light. This would also help to drop production levels thus cutting back on waste, they could then defer that extra capital into worker compensation which combats UAs ontop of quality enhancements.
Iam but mere commoner however so what would i know about million or billion dollar choices? This is all conversational suggestions with fellow sneakerheads.
2021 IV midsoles crumble in no time? Say what? LOL

Still pretty bummed I missed out on these. It shouldn’t be this hard to get a pair of shoes I want. I’m not paying resell so I guess it wasn’t meant to be :frown:
I bought some Jordan tees on discount as a consolation lol. if you feel the urge to spend money

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on these on eBay...passing on the Tune Squads for now. If they pan out like the SB8s, they'll still be able to be had at retail or close to down the line.
How much was yours?
Also how well is the Authenticators that eBay uses? Do they do good jobs at spotting bull****? Or is it just random people who signed up for it? Like anyone can do it and pretend the checked it?

How much was yours?
Also how well is the Authenticators that eBay uses? Do they do good jobs at spotting bull****? Or is it just random people who signed up for it? Like anyone can do it and pretend the checked it?
$360 shipped.

I'm not expert at legit checking shoes, but I just tend to trust them to do their jobs. Used to buy a ton of used pairs of eBay before the "Authenticity Guarantee" came around and my bet is that I haven't bought a fake yet.

However, I am curious on how they do legit check because there's no way they have fakes of every shoe sitting around to compare it to. At least on YouTube videos...they have tell tell signs depending on the model on whether it's a rep or authentic.

Forgot eBay turns off messaging once a deal is agreed upon.

At least he has other listings up.

My FTL locker order was supposed to be delivered by yesterday but got pushed back to today cause of “shipper error”, now it says Monday due to “mechanical issues”:frown: hopefully its not the good ol’ FTL “bait n switch” cause I’ve been victimized by them a couple of times already with some hype releases werethey send you a different shoe (usually a garbage shoe that’s not even my size):smh: and really its super annoying cause they just send you a refund and not even try to replace the shoe:angry:

I like that they fit nice in terms of comfort. Might also be the soft PL which was lame. But the foot bed is nice too.

Both a straw man and a false choice fallacy.

Remember, there is also the choice not to buy them if it’s economically unfeasible.

If people are buying at resale prices and thinking “well they’re overpriced anyway, so why not just pay 100% over msrp,” I’d believe that their financial situation - if not now then later - is likely either brittle and precarious or supported by interest heavy credit consumption.

Of course there are exceptions. Unfortunately the young, and people of color, make up few of the exception category and are the demographic that financial irresponsibility impacts the most over time.

In credit scenarios, they’ve both “over paid” for the shoes relative to the retail cost and they’re paying 23% interest over interest monthly.

Either way, both the man and financial institutions are knee-slap, doubled over cry laughing as people post pictures with #drip for shoes that they’ll pay a mortgage payment (and counting) for.

If that’s the case (and that’s a conditional “if”), that behavior shouldn’t be celebrated because it sets people back. Unfortunately they only realize it 10-15 years late.

It’s ok if you tune this out. It will make sense in time.

Hopefully everyone who gets them has budgeted for the purchase and is able to score at retail. Good luck and stay safe and blessed.

Definitely not a strawman, and the discussion is the difference between buying retail and resale.
Unless your a pro player, all sneaker purchases are luxury purchases. Nobody NEEDS sneakers that cost more than $50.
I can't speak to other's financial situations so I wont.
I personally only buy for retail cause that's just how I enjoy the playing the game, not because resale prices would force me into financial hardship. Never bought kicks on credit, and never will.
Jordans are Veblen goods now. The more people pay, the more the demand. Nike, shoe stores, and resellers have no interest in stopping this.

All that and only take away was that?
To answer never the less no, peoples 2021s in year 2021 midsole and uppers are perfectly fine..for now.
LOL OK fair point.
My CGs landed today. Pretty flawless pair. As promised to you the other day, here’s the difference between the factory laces and the Rope Supply ones. More significant of a difference than I remembered. I much prefer it closer to OG like this. 🔥
spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour this is how you gotta roll:
AC5DC054-E686-412C-97E8-390A307D2145.jpeg

Last edited:
1st rule of the sneaker hobby… listen to no person that is not in the sneaker hobby.

luckily my pairs from DSG and Nike didn't have identifiers. Nike took years to maybe have finally fixed this.
Take what I’m saying at face value and not a humble brag. I watched all that stuff from a far and saved up for when I could be like that.

they are lying, unless it’s a front (like doing very illegal stuff in the back)

but I know for a fact these self made millionaire entrepreneur types are either getting money from their parents or girlfriends parents or some family member or massively over leveraged. i had failed business dealings with plenty of them this past summer. None of them could come up with even like 5k cash.

they just take out loans on EVERYTHING and end up getting liquidated or doing some sad **** like sharing cars. A lot of them are renting them out on Turo on the low and losing money still on them having peoples nuts on their steering wheel. It’s crazy out here and even the Patagonia sweater vest country club dads are getting loans on loans. Just figured I’d share that with you, I was tight when I found out I was misled.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Dudes be extremely over leveraged and overextended on credit cards and who knows what other shady activity.

Back
Top Bottom