HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Surprisingly easy for me with this release in Australia, managed to get a few pairs
IMG_0435.jpg

She gonna find out when she ask how much is on my card when we pay it off next. I let her handle the numbers when I’m at work. She works too. It’s just hard being a sneaker head and married. At a certain point they stop understanding.

Sneakers and vinyl records for me that I spend money on and the girl will get annoyed 😭

She entered all the Beluga raffles for me though and always enters a raffle when I ask. Now that we have a little one though, both of those purchases have slowed down significantly. Now I really gotta be more responsible. Still hurts I missed the CG’s 😂

I mean, we're all paying $200+ for sneakers that probably only cost $15-$20 to manufacture. We're all overpaying to someone greedy, only choice is how much we overpay and to who.

Both a straw man and a false choice fallacy.

Remember, there is also the choice not to buy them if it’s economically unfeasible.

If people are buying at resale prices and thinking “well they’re overpriced anyway, so why not just pay 100% over msrp,” I’d believe that their financial situation - if not now then later - is likely either brittle and precarious or supported by interest heavy credit consumption.

Of course there are exceptions. Unfortunately the young, and people of color, make up few of the exception category and are the demographic that financial irresponsibility impacts the most over time.

In credit scenarios, they’ve both “over paid” for the shoes relative to the retail cost and they’re paying 23% interest over interest monthly.

Either way, both the man and financial institutions are knee-slap, doubled over cry laughing as people post pictures with #drip for shoes that they’ll pay a mortgage payment (and counting) for.

If that’s the case (and that’s a conditional “if”), that behavior shouldn’t be celebrated because it sets people back. Unfortunately they only realize it 10-15 years late.

It’s ok if you tune this out. It will make sense in time.

Hopefully everyone who gets them has budgeted for the purchase and is able to score at retail. Good luck and stay safe and blessed.

Last edited:
Good points all across!

I always try to save money, especially based on my financial predicament.

Damn right, I sure as hell ain't paying those leeches, vultures, parasites, etc.! I refuse to support their greed.

I know a lot are willing to overpay something just to have them and justify eliminating the inconvenience and effort to get them at retail. It won't change or improve my life if I don't get them, so I sure as hell won't overpay for something I want if I can't get it at retail. I refuse to subscribe to that "fear of missing out" mentality, which is weak-minded to me.

I agree with a previous post of your expounding on the fact it makes no sense to overpay for something perishable such as shoes that are extremely cheap to manufacture. I look at shoes like a car, albeit on a smaller numerical level obviously. It's just something you shouldn't put a lot of money in, especially if they'll deteriorate whether you wear them or not.

As much as I wanted these, I won't be upset if I don't get them at retail because I was only trying to get them to wear with two jerseys I have. I wouldn't have even considered these if I didn't have those jerseys. And I have salvation because I already had specific shoes in my possession that matched with those two jerseys.

I don't think you missed out on the Jubilee XI because they looked like a knockoff Space Jam XI to me, like some bootleg shoes. I still have mine from 2016, so those Jubilee were useless to me.

It looks like they got the inspiration for the Jubilee XI from those crappy bootleg swap meet designs.

Thoughtful post. Sounds like you’ve thought through collecting very budget-consciously and are staying away from impulsive decisions. Take care of yourself and stay blessed.

Its common for collectors to overpay for a collection item they value

Problem with the high profile resell websites is that they are promoted as an extension of the retail market
"If you missed them at footlocker come buy them from....."

Emails encouraging low to moderate income people to overspend for something that they dont need, and wont even want to wear anymore after 3 or 4 months

Its common for collectors to overpay for a collection item they value

Problem with the high profile resell websites is that they are promoted as an extension of the retail market
"If you missed them at footlocker come buy them from....."

Emails encouraging low to moderate income people to overspend for something that they dont need, and wont even want to wear anymore after 3 or 4 months
Biggest scam of the century I tell ya. Imagine payin 30% more for a North face jacket you can grab off the website. And North faces are nice. Nike a recycling bin

Stay woke, **** like this is whats slowly pushed me out of the “shoe game”, it should never have gotten to the point where we practically need to dissect and blacklight shoes to prove authenticity. SNKRS or bust IMO.

edit: thankfully the only upcoming release on my radar is the eventual Columbia XI’s we’ll get, other than that, I’m cool for a long while

edit: the funny thing about these LC videos and people pointing out flaws, is the replica factories watch them as well to improve the fakes as well, I remember a dead giveaway for me was seeing DS shoes laced up incorrectly, and pointed it out a few times, now the rep factories got that right too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stay woke, **** like this is whats slowly pushed me out of the “shoe game”, it should never have gotten to the point where we practically need to dissect and blacklight shoes to prove authenticity. SNKRS or bust IMO.

edit: thankfully the only upcoming release on my radar is the eventual Columbia XI’s we’ll get, other than that, I’m cool for a long while

Fake 11's been good for a while now...but honestly shoes like these I think will catch more people slipping than stuff like a Travis Scott or Off white. If you're spending a 1k+ for shoes most people are going to look over them extra hard multiple LC that type of thing.

But for these where you have people who buy 1-2 pairs of shoes a year, that don't really spend the hours looking at sneakers like we do. One of these pop up everywhere resell shops could buy 50+ pairs of these throw them up for sale and hit unexpected consumers over the head and no one would know.

Fake 11's been good for a while now...but honestly shoes like these I think will catch more people slipping than stuff like a Travis Scott or Off white. If you're spending a 1k+ for shoes most people are going to look over them extra hard multiple LC that type of thing.

But for these where you have people who buy 1-2 pairs of shoes a year, that don't really spend the hours looking at sneakers like we do. One of these pop up everywhere resell shops could buy 50+ pairs of these throw them up for sale and hit unexpected consumers over the head and no one would know.

Man what! I remember this local spot (Kickk Spott, **** em I’m calling them out), was pushing fakes for a while, this was like 2011/2012 before the rep market really became “mainstream” so they were getting over on people, even me for being naive.

Specifically one buyer got got for some Ray Allen 13s and he blasted KS all over social media, and not much came of it

They got me one time, with some ‘promo sample’ bred 4s, by the time I realized, some time had gone by (I copped and put them away for some time). My boy who wasn’t into sneakers but LOVED the bred 4, I explained to him how they were fakes etc, but he didnt care he just wanted to beat them up anyway so I just gave them to him

Years later (like 2-3 years back) KS actually ended up on the local news, for their scammish ways, they packed up shop here in DC and now I think they operate out of ATL, unless they shut down

edit: the funny thing about these LC videos and people pointing out flaws, is the replica factories watch them as well to improve the fakes as well, I remember a dead giveaway for me was seeing DS shoes laced up incorrectly, and pointed it out a few times, now the rep factories got that right too.

Use to be but now not mad at it in the least bit for a number of reasons.
If Nike chose to do right and provided premium materials and craftsmanship perhaps this wouldnt happen.
If Nike chose to do right in compensating workers appropriately they could stand a chance at combating UA products.
They wont and they havent thus we have UAs which on the higher end best the quality put out by authorized factories.
As botting resellers would say..
"times have changed"
and change is difficult for some to adapt to however that is an issue for Nike to sort out whenever if ever it hurts them enough to deal with. Until then people have options and i cant help but to respect and appreciate that.

Man what! I remember this local spot (Kickk Spott, **** em I’m calling them out), was pushing fakes for a while, this was like 2011/2012 before the rep market really became “mainstream” so they were getting over on people, even me for being naive.

Specifically one buyer got got for some Ray Allen 13s and he blasted KS all over social media, and not much came of it

They got me one time, with some ‘promo sample’ bred 4s, by the time I realized, some time had gone by (I copped and put them away for some time). My boy who wasn’t into sneakers but LOVED the bred 4, I explained to him how they were fakes etc, but he didnt care he just wanted to beat them up anyway so I just gave them to him

Years later (like 2-3 years back) KS actually ended up on the local news, for their scammish ways, they packed up shop here in DC and now I think they operate out of ATL, unless they shut down

I'm not surprised at all in the least bit. There is no way it's enough shoes going around for all these RoundTwo carbon copies to be lucrative without some of them cutting product with fakes. I see the owners of these resell shops post pandemic FLEXING. Rolexs, expensive whips, hottest collabs. I'm not hating and by all means get your money but at some point logic has to start playing in to some of these numbers.

I wouldn't be shocked if some PPP money went over to china to buy fakes.

You keep the hype stuff legit and when these mass GR's like Holiday 11's release you mix in real pairs with fakes. We're in the minority of people who are aware of how good some fakes have gotten. Got people still looking for squished 23's and plastic carbon fiber not to mention Nike's shoddy QC.

Most of the customers trust you and aren't going to be bringing in a backlight to check them. Buy the fakes for $100-$150, sell them for 350-380 and mix them with the real pairs other people bring in to sell.

Don’t stress missing the SNS restock, I was on there instantly and the add to cart button was just a conversation piece.

champ pair came. glad I left work to pick them up instead of leaving them out.
Everyone is on some “but how are they going to tell what pair is inside….you’re being extra.”
Champs:

Attachments

• 6C11AC63-1E52-4291-B5D3-2B72637A19B6.jpeg
    6C11AC63-1E52-4291-B5D3-2B72637A19B6.jpeg
    552.4 KB · Views: 239
Use to be but now not mad at it in the least bit for a number of reasons.
If Nike chose to do right and provided premium materials and craftsmanship perhaps this wouldnt happen.
If Nike chose to do right in compensating workers appropriately they could stand a chance at combating UA products.
They wont and they havent thus we have UAs which on the higher end best the quality put out by authorized factories.
As botting resellers would say..
"times have changed"
and change is difficult for some to adapt to however that is an issue for Nike to sort out whenever if ever it hurts them enough to deal with. Until then people have options and i cant help but to respect and appreciate that.
Honestly. It’s not like Nike is putting out quality product either. Nike could end this simply by upping their production, so normal working folk don’t have to shell out x amount of money to buy kicks. It’s not an issue from the consumer side but a corporate decision.

Don’t stress missing the SNS restock, I was on there instantly and the add to cart button was just a conversation piece.

champ pair came. glad I left work to pick them up instead of leaving them out.
Everyone is on some “but how are they going to tell what pair is inside….you’re being extra.”
Champs:
Damnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

It's so crazy how my stance on these changed with time 20 years later.

I just didn't care to get them when they originally came out in 2001. I was just neutral on them, I just didn't care for them. But I surely never disliked them.

I'm so glad I passed on the crappy 2010 version because those were some damn bootleg looking swap meet quality rehashes. I'll always despise any XI mid that was released between 2008 to 2015.

Then I end up wanting these re-releases this year just to wear them with two jerseys I have as I previously acknowledged. But it isn't a loss for me if I don't get these at retail because I already had shoes to go with those jerseys.

Both a straw man and a false choice fallacy.

Remember, there is also the choice not to buy them if it’s economically unfeasible.

If people are buying at resale prices and thinking “well they’re overpriced anyway, so why not just pay 100% over msrp,” I’d believe that their financial situation - if not now then later - is likely either brittle and precarious or supported by interest heavy credit consumption.

Of course there are exceptions. Unfortunately the young, and people of color, make up few of the exception category and are the demographic that financial irresponsibility impacts the most over time.

In credit scenarios, they’ve both “over paid” for the shoes relative to the retail cost and they’re paying 23% interest over interest monthly.

Either way, both the man and financial institutions are knee-slap, doubled over cry laughing as people post pictures with #drip for shoes that they’ll pay a mortgage payment (and counting) for.

If that’s the case (and that’s a conditional “if”), that behavior shouldn’t be celebrated because it sets people back. Unfortunately they only realize it 10-15 years late.

It’s ok if you tune this out. It will make sense in time.

Hopefully everyone who gets them has budgeted for the purchase and is able to score at retail. Good luck and stay safe and blessed.
You are absolutely right. Sometimes sneakers is an addiction. Not even fear of missing out but , you seen everyone have them back in the day but parents couldn’t afford them and now you can finally get them. It’s like a childhood thing we need to move on and let go. I say this though my wife hates that I buy sneakers and She thinks it’s wasteful. She will then have multiple Amazon small packages of bs come. Everyone who isn’t a vanilla person that’s has hobbies or interest or passion in something is spending money. Guns, ammo, shoes, cologne, purses, clothes, hats, 5,000 dogs whatever it may be.

also some people have been waiting for this shoe for 10 plus years so 100 bucks over retail isn’t going to stop them. If you have a job where you bust *** and get paid good and work 50 to 70 hours you can buy these things.You can’t even go to Walmart without spending 100 on small number of products. We are sneaker heads on this site. Everything is expensive these days. I think it’s dumb to even pay 240 for these shoes. If we are getting down to what’s best financially in the future and what not then we should just pay 60 max on 2 pairs a year in that flaw In store selection. I feel like you are right about the shoes deterring. I also feel like I need to sell a lot of my collection. Do I regret the money I spent on shoes? Yes absolutely. I will never pay over 500 for a shoe though. You got people paying 1300 because it’s Travis Scott or off white. I’ll pay 400 for concords if I missed out if I really want them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom