HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Retail is like $240 after taxes. You wont even pay $200?

I figured you were just trolling with the other stuff you said, you've confirmed it.
How am I trolling lol. What did I say that made you think that. Damn I really thought everything I said made sense.

No matter what price you buy from a reseller store or individual, you support that industry. These aren’t business people, they are clout chasers. They are the new weed dealers. They just like getting the phone calls all day and feeling like Santa Claus. Do the math on their business and they are making a negligible amount if any. Yes there are exceptions. For the most part they barely make ****.

Dec 11: release

Dec 12-20: Initial fomo buys/resellers buying more pairs to sell/ parents& other buyers out of the loop buying these for gifts - these buyers know no bounds and have money

Dec 20-25: last minute Xmas buys - they spend a lot

Dec 25 - mid January: people who’s hopes of finding them under a tree or at a restock fades - they buy. Students seeing these in school buy. Last big wave of initial buyers

Late January: the hold outs fold and buy these to get it over with, ~9/10 people who planned on copping have their pairs at this point. These buyers know prices so they aren’t going to spend crazy Xmas money..

*early Feb:* ppl replacing worn out pairs? Ppl buying these for full body zoom calls? Are they good in the snow?

Feb - Early April: nothing exciting.. no tax refunds yet. Tax refunds will probably be low anyways but they won’t come before April no?

What is going to keep demand high through Feb-April? I’m seeing people with rooms full of these. Where are those pairs going? They are $225 paperweights at that point. The likes will run out, the credit card payment will be due..

Overall I’m just here for the fun convo and maybe catching a restock, so don’t take my price projection as anything more than b/s’ing. We can bet on them for fun tho but it needs to be a clear bet. I spent more than $80 of time signing up for raffles and pressing add to cart. Financially it would have made sense to have gone to StockX at 10:00:01 on the 11th and not even tried with anything else. But that’s enabling/encouraging the extortion situation we find ourselves in today.

I sincerely just buy these for the memories at this point. like most of you, i have hundreds of sneakers just sitting around, these won’t even get worn until Covid-29 so if I don’t buy them at retail now from one of the big retailers I bought from my whole life it’s whatever. I don’t even like end and dtlr pairs. Anyways I just don’t understand the need to have them now if buying secondary. There are an abundance of resale pairs available. If you reaaaally want to do the math on this, you are probably saving money if you buy resale down the road for $100 more vs putting out $350 today. You are compensating them for tying up their capital and paying to store them.

Again, this is just for fun. If anyone is really projecting the prices years down the line to save $40 on a one pair purchase, you shouldn’t be buying these.

Last edited:
How am I trolling lol. What did I say that made you think that. Damn I really thought everything I said made sense.

No matter what price you buy from a reseller store or individual, you support that industry. These aren’t business people, they are clout chasers. They are the new weed dealers. They just like getting the phone calls all day and feeling like Santa Claus. Do the math on their business and they are making a negligible amount if any. Yes there are exceptions. For the most part they barely make ****.

Dec 11: release

Dec 12-20: Initial fomo buys/resellers buying more pairs to sell/ parents& other buyers out of the loop buying these for gifts - these buyers know no bounds and have money

Dec 20-25: last minute Xmas buys - they spend a lot

Dec 25 - mid January: people who’s hopes of finding them under a tree or at a restock fades - they buy. Students seeing these in school buy. Last big wave of initial buyers

Late January: the hold outs fold and buy these to get it over with, ~9/10 people who planned on copping have their pairs at this point. These buyers know prices so they aren’t going to spend crazy Xmas money..

*early Feb:* ppl replacing worn out pairs? Ppl buying these for full body zoom calls? Are they good in the snow?

Feb - Early April: nothing exciting.. no tax refunds yet. Tax refunds will probably be low anyways but they won’t come before April no?

What is going to keep demand high through Feb-April? I’m seeing people with rooms full of these. Where are those pairs going? They are $225 paperweights at that point. The likes will run out, the credit card payment will be due..

Overall I’m just here for the fun convo and maybe catching a restock, so don’t take my price projection as anything more than b/s’ing. We can bet on them for fun tho but it needs to be a clear bet. I spent more than $80 of time signing up for raffles and pressing add to cart. Financially it would have made sense to have gone to StockX at 10:00:01 on the 11th and not even tried with anything else. But that’s enabling/encouraging the extortion situation we find ourselves in today.

I sincerely just buy these for the memories at this point. like most of you, i have hundreds of sneakers just sitting around, these won’t even get worn until Covid-29 so if I don’t buy them at retail now from one of the big retailers I bought from my whole life it’s whatever. I don’t even like end and dtlr pairs. Anyways I just don’t understand the need to have them now if buying secondary. There are an abundance of resale pairs available. If you reaaaally want to do the math on this, you are probably saving money if you buy resale down the road for $100 more vs putting out $350 today. You are compensating them for tying up their capital and paying to store them.

Again, this is just for fun. If anyone is really projecting the prices years down the line to save $40 on a one pair purchase, you shouldn’t be buying these.
I’ve seen the convo and tried to stay out of it, but I’m just gonna add my two cents now. You’re projecting that these things are gonna drop in price by February through April because people will need to pay off cc bills is totally off. Dudes literally have walls or shoes at times just hoarding waiting for prices to go up and off em. They’re not in a rush to sell most of the time from what I see. Retro cw’s worn by Jordan will typically always go up. Just look at the flint 13. Thing was barely above retail at release and it’s jumped up at least 50-80 over what it was for a “GR.” You can’t fault people for wanting to spend now to save money. Same reasoning goes behind wanting to buy their pair now before the rep factories make the perfect “1:1.”

I’m not gonna dilute it with other clear examples but ts, ow chi, sw 97/1 all could’ve been had for hundreds (sw) and thousands cheaper than what they’re going for now. Not saying the cg11 is gonna go that route but people can definitely save money and not risk getting good fakes down the road

I’ve seen the convo and tried to stay out of it, but I’m just gonna add my two cents now. You’re projecting that these things are gonna drop in price by February through April because people will need to pay off cc bills is totally off. Dudes literally have walls or shoes at times just hoarding waiting for prices to go up and off em. They’re not in a rush to sell most of the time from what I see. Retro cw’s worn by Jordan will typically always go up. Just look at the flint 13. Thing was barely above retail at release and it’s jumped up at least 50-80 over what it was for a “GR.” You can’t fault people for wanting to spend now to save money. Same reasoning goes behind wanting to buy their pair now before the rep factories make the perfect “1:1.”

I’m not gonna dilute it with other clear examples but ts, ow chi, sw 97/1 all could’ve been had for hundreds (sw) and thousands cheaper than what they’re going for now. Not saying the cg11 is gonna go that route but people can definitely save money and not risk getting good fakes down the road
Lol idk why you stayed out of it till now, it’s just for fun and you make good points. To the fakes point I think they already have fakes ready to go. Saw a ton on fb marketplace on release day. To the credit card part, that was honestly the smallest part of my post. My prediction was based off demand falling faster than supply ie the timeline I made.

Crazy that he's arguing about this colorway going down in price too. I would say this is the 4th most popular 11 after concords, black-reds, spacejams. And ahead of columbias.

Even the mediocre Jubilees are going for well over $300 in the popular sizes and that's before fees.

I've seen people create a narrative and then tell themselves anything to stick to that narrative.

Did MJ wear the flints? :nerd:

I honestly don’t recall him wearing them

On court definitely no, but I've never seen a picture of him wearing them at all.

They would have been perfect for the 1998 ASG.

I was thinking maybe during his Summer camps but couldn’t find a photo

Here’s the greatest to lace up the flints
1640973240432.jpeg

2022: SNKRS or bust, we not dealing with upcharge, or fake shoes
This is the way. The sooner people realize this, the better it is for “the culture” (quotation marks because I hate that term. We buying shoes here. There is no “culture” for shopping). When you take away the profits from reselling, only then will resellers go away.

Crazy that he's arguing about this colorway going down in price too. I would say this is the 4th most popular 11 after concords, black-reds, spacejams. And ahead of columbias.

Even the mediocre Jubilees are going for well over $300 in the popular sizes and that's before fees.

I've seen people create a narrative and then tell themselves anything to stick to that narrative.
Creating a narrative? We’re talking about $40 lol.

Can we bet or no? Idk if that’s against forum etiquette. No disrespect either. Just something fun to do since we already talked this much about it.

This is the way. The sooner people realize this, the better it is for “the culture” (quotation marks because I hate that term. We buying shoes here. There is no “culture” for shopping). When you take away the profits from reselling, only then will resellers go away.
People act like they can’t resist.

Did MJ wear the flints? :nerd:

I honestly don’t recall him wearing them
Hmm I guess I could be wrong. In that point fire red 4 retail 190. Right after release went for 240. Now it’s up to almost 340 size 9. What people consider OG releases, they typically go up not down is the point

Unfortunately this is not the way.

Reselling is not going anywhere. There will always be greedy opportunist in every hobby.

$50-$100 above retail isn’t bad compared to the time wasted looking and waiting for restocks

Just have to be more selective and not purchase every release. And if the resell price becomes out of reach or impractical just move on to the next shoe you like

Lol idk why you stayed out of it till now, it’s just for fun and you make good points. To the fakes point I think they already have fakes ready to go. Saw a ton on fb marketplace on release day. To the credit card part, that was honestly the smallest part of my post. My prediction was based off demand falling faster than supply ie the timeline I made.
Sometimes like to just lurk without getting too into it. I get the whole supply and demand thing, but sometimes I wonder if half the “demand” or high bids I see on sites is just fake bids. Like how many dudes bidding 700 on those blue adapts that just came out.

Price of these is not coming down.
my size 12 was at 400

now at 350.

still too high with cali tax

you cant really go by just one sale price tho. you can always best offer a seller.

if i can get um for 320 that is my buy now price.

ive gotten size 11 down to 320 but people are saying they run small so that might be suicide to my toes

smaller sizes have drastically fallen. resellers think they can get 400 for a sIze 8. it dont work like that.

Last edited:
cool greys just arrived. Underwhelmed. I think I just came to my senses but I’ll be offing a whole lot of my collection. Keep it down to 10-15 pairs. Plus I find myself wearing my nbs more and more
this is sarcasm right? 😂

my size 12 was at 400

now at 350.

still too high with cali tax

you cant really go by just one sale price tho. you can always best offer a seller.

if i can get um for 320 that is my buy now price.

ive gotten size 11 down to 320 but people are saying they run small so that might be suicide to my toes

smaller sizes have drastically fallen. resellers think they can get 400 for a sIze 8. it dont work like that.

Absolutely do NOT try to squeeze yourself into an 11. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom