HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Nike telling GOAT to hold their beer :lol:

One step away from Nike starting their own reselling business.They’re gonna guarantee that they can verify authenticity. They’re gonna sell you the shoe and get their cut of reselling with their fees.
All that sounds like to me at this point is selling b-grades or returns under a different name. Only difference I can maybe see is that perhaps Nike didn’t used to sell shoes people had worn for three days or whatever and then returned.

Just woke up, was reading this all wrong last night. I thought they were cleaning/restoring your shoes for you then giving them back to you like a dry cleaner for shoes... But they're taking your used shoes,. cleaning them up, then reselling them. Hmmm

One step away from Nike starting their own reselling business.They’re gonna guarantee that they can verify authenticity. They’re gonna sell you the shoe and get their cut of reselling with their fees.

“Kind of Got ‘em” …. “You’ve won the chance of purchasing these shoes in your size from somebody else who actually won them. They are willing to sell them to you for a 225% markup. Of course, we will take our 20% share as well. Share your offer with others to make them jealous!”

All that sounds like to me at this point is selling b-grades or returns under a different name. Only difference I can maybe see is that perhaps Nike didn’t used to sell shoes people had worn for three days or whatever and then returned.
It feels dirty. They are making money hand over fist forwards and backwards. If this takes off and expands (and I know it will), it will be their stranglehold on sneakers and I don't like it. I already have my own personal beliefs on how they are aware of and have a hand in "reps" and early pairs being made and make money off that, now they are creeping into the aftermarket. I don't like it. Personally, it's at this point where I walk away. I got what I need after 30+ years of liking and buying, and if a pair that I really like and have been waiting for years to be retroed, or want a second round of a retro I really like, it's just time to give it up. All things must end.

Screenshot_20230111-114631_Twitter.jpg

It feels dirty. They are making money hand over fist forwards and backwards. If this takes off and expands (and I know it will), it will be their stranglehold on sneakers and I don't like it. I already have my own personal beliefs on how they are aware of and have a hand in "reps" and early pairs being made and make money off that, now they are creeping into the aftermarket. I don't like it. Personally, it's at this point where I walk away. I got what I need after 30+ years of liking and buying, and if a pair that I really like and have been waiting for years to be retroed, or want a second round of a retro I really like, it's just time to give it up. All things must end.

It just sounds like BS marketing to me, and I hear a lot of BS marketing all week long at work. It's not a "refurbishing" program in the least, going by Nike's description of it. That's why you can't send in used sneakers directly to have anything done to them. It's renaming B-grades and at worst adding returned (practically new) shoes to the outlet/factory store stock. And Nike is selling these shoes at slashed prices. I don't see what the big deal is. People are just getting hung up on the use of "refurbished."

Back
Top Bottom