HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Y’all gotta take it easy on Wizards era MJ...In that last season the man averaged 37 minutes, played all 82 games (Started 67 of those)...I mean he was putting up 21 a night on average over that whole two year run...AND he turned 40 midway through his second season...

Never-mind he had five games where he scored 40+, including one where he scored 51...

He wasn’t Bulls era MJ for sure, but damn if couldn’t still hold it down...

SUPER FACTS!!!

If you are a lovely lady snooping 🧐 on this board trying to figure what to get your man for Christmas 🎄 you will hit the jackpot 🎰 with these and some caviar. If you already own these what would be one thing you would change? Happy Anniversary to these rousing silhouettes.
3 Years
1607486965857.jpeg

1 Year
1607487027726.jpeg

Tomorrow’s (Dec 10th) anniversary is the 2016 Space Jam (Retro) XIs, 2019 Green Toe (Mid) 1s and Noble Red (low) 1s.

Last edited:
It’s funny how tastes evolve. As a youngster, I hated the color grey on clothing. I equated it with old people. At the time, Space Jams were my 2nd favorite 11, Cool Greys an afterthought.

Now grey is one of my favorite colors on clothing, and Cool Greys are my 2nd favorite 11. I passed on the recent Space Jams. I wanted them for nostalgic reasons, but couldn’t see myself wearing them.

The one thing that didn’t change, and probably will never change, is that Bred 11s are King.

I dont known if I have a preference between the mesh or suede upper. As long as the patent leather is high cut I would probably be good with either. This is coming from someone who owned both cool grey mids and the recent lows.

Last edited:
Not a good chance that they will make them right but at least the shape and PL cut will be there based on XI's since the Concords dropped. The shade of grey was darker than the uppers and had an almost purpleish hue to them. Breaking up the upper from the PL makes this shoe.

3rd Fav XI of all time only behind Concords and Playoffs.

Not a good chance that they will make them right but at least the shape and PL cut will be there based on XI's since the Concords dropped. The shade of grey was darker than the uppers and had an almost purpleish hue to them. Breaking up the upper from the PL makes this shoe.

3rd Fav XI of all time only behind Concords and Playoffs.
Yeah, I hope they stick to the nubuck. I'll still get a pair with cordura if they go that way, and usually I only want 11 mids with the cordura. But this colorway with the OG nubuck build just looks a bit better, and it's a nice difference from all the other pairs I already have.

I think with the SJ, Concord, and Blk/Red drops, we should have confidence these will be done right as well. The only complaint on the others was the 45 on the first two :sick:

There is nothing wrong with this sneaker. It's essentially flawless and probably will be extra comfortable.

Would you consider it an OG colorway? Logically I would say yes, as Jordan wore it on court.

There is nothing wrong with this sneaker. It's essentially flawless and probably will be extra comfortable.

Would you consider it an OG colorway? Logically I would say yes, as Jordan wore it on court.
No, it’s not an OG colorway. It came out as a retro-plus colorway several years after the OGs were long gone.
OG XI mid colorways are Concords, black/reds and Columbias. If you want to try and make a case for a later pair being OG, it would be the 2018 Jams/45 PE retro. That’s the colorway (not the original Space Jam release colorway with blue hits on it) MJ wore in the ‘95 playoffs, but it was never released to the public. But it was at least part of the 95-96 colorways HE wore. Anything that wasn’t is not going to be considered OG.
You’re not going to get any traction calling something OG just because Jordan wore it on court. He wore retros and retro-pluses in Washington. Those still don’t count.

That's interesting. So it would have to be created at the time (95-96) to be considered OG.
https___hypebeast.com_image_2018_05_air-jordan-11-concord-2018-retro-45-heel-2.jpg
$_3.jpeg
OG colorways of any shoe, not just Jordans, are colorways released during said shoe’s original lifespan, from its original release day until it disappeared from production and store shelves. Brand new colorways made for acknowedged RETRO re-releases years later aren’t OG.

No idea what the point is of that picture of 45 Concords and Ed Nealy LOL

OG colorways of any shoe, not just Jordans, are colorways released during said shoe’s original lifespan, from its original release day until it disappeared from production and store shelves. Brand new colorways made for acknowedged RETRO re-releases years later aren’t OG.

No idea what the point is of that picture of 45 Concords and Ed Nealy LOL
Jordan choose the number #45 to honor his hero, the iconic Ed Neely...

5e9a16f915ea4b72bc1b2488.png

That information was kept out of 'The Last Dance' as to not affect Jordan lore 😉

Back
Top Bottom