HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

I dunno corporate is often the store owner and they’re looking to sell em to people they know or whether they’re gonna profit off em. I remember there were a bunch of koston sb Jordan lows where the store gave out 10 pairs. I came a bit late to the store to grab some junk ASICS and a reseller that runs a consignment shop walks out with the rest of the stock. It’s normalized now; there’s no hiding behind it. We know exactly where the pairs are going

Youre comparing a small mom and pop shop to a huge corporation like Footlocker where no single person owns any of their stores...

Dee said it earlier... A store rep tile him. Guess its true...

Here's my prediction. Nike is trying to combat resellers and backdooring. It seems that during this release no one could walk in and cop. All purchases were done online prior to pick up or some sort of raffle system. They essentially took that decision from store employees. A great way to prevent bots is to require engagement on the apps. You would have to create on hell of a bot to imitate engagement through out the year. If NIKE got to wave release where you can only hit at each store once, Im sure that would do significant damage to StockX and the like.

SNKRS pass pair - picked up cool greys in my cool greys 1️⃣7️⃣ (eff Marcus Jordan 😆)
89AD8177-619E-499F-95B2-66060EC6E80B.jpeg
The 17s are nicer, by far. :smokin:tongue:

Seems like that quick $100 turns everybody into a reseller...except for me lol. It's rare for me to even go for doubles, even if I hit 2 raffles I either don't pick it up or return them if it's online.

Facts until you factor in your time and the gas/energy it takes to stay on top of these joints. I see resellers hitting few stores and be like better them than me. Can't knock the hustle tho.

It’s always annoyed me (I do it too so I’m not exempt) we as a community always thinks stores aren’t selling Pairs because they’re holding them for a Resellers or friends and family (which if you worked in a store and you had access to them wouldn’t you hold a pair or two every now and then if you could) when in actuality a lot of the times it’s corporate and higher up that says, hey you can’t sell this for whatever reason yet but we automatically assume that the employee is lying and just holding Pairs. I do understand that every now and then that is the case but I’m willing to bet more times than not it’s just and it’s just because corporate told them not to.
Back between 2009/ 2010 I would take the drive to HOH (only the 3rd one in the US) every weekend. I would always buy something whether it was sneakers or a shirt or even socks. I became really cool with one of the managers but he never "hooked" it up. In 2012 he became the head store manager at my local footlocker and we kicked it off again. This time he would hold Pairs for me. This was the time when in store raffles started. He would always "pull" my ticket and extras. He also let me grab the left over pairs. Always had the store employees mad that I would take their pairs lol. So yes store employees more so managers hold pairs for their people.

Back
Top Bottom