Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

Is the guy playing the black storm trooper the same actor who played Radio Raheem in Do The Right Thing?

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Is the guy playing the black storm trooper the same actor who played Radio Raheem in Do The Right Thing?

12960-23762.gif

As much as I **** with Bale it just seems weird to wstch hi m play that role now im not going to sit here and play that therr out to get us black people role but saying yhey cant get a marketable black guy to play that role is bhai ull**** you mean to tell me they couldnt get Mr. Washington or even a younger blavk actor to play that role and as far as money gpes i think it would have been banking in money if they were to introduce a new black actor that they believe can play that role hell when is the last time an african american male played an african kong on film

Oh and when i saw the black storm trooper i thought i was watching a parody no lie but its a Fictional character so its nothing to get upset over

As much as I **** with Bale it just seems weird to wstch hi m play that role now im not going to sit here and play that therr out to get us black people role but saying yhey cant get a marketable black guy to play that role is bhai ull**** you mean to tell me they couldnt get Mr. Washington or even a younger blavk actor to play that role and as far as money gpes i think it would have been banking in money if they were to introduce a new black actor that they believe can play that role hell when is the last time an african american male played an african kong on film

Bruh.....

Lmao, homie hit the bottle a little too hard.
Worst part is he reread it and it made sense.
:rofl:

Trolling huh? Just calling it like it is... And I've never reported one person, for the record, but nice try.

Post got deleted by meth and I don't even think it was you I was addressing

As they say a hit dog hollers

Please, just one page.

I read this **** like 4 times thinking something was wrong with me...

axEQRWX.gif

Yikes. I mean we always knew Rupert Murdoch was a devil but this dude is the CEO of one of the most influential and prominent corporations in the world and he's openly commenting on social media as said CEO, talking about, "Ancient Egyptians treated blacks as slaves" :wow: :smh:

I know his generation is about to die but you know he's got a bunch of baby devils waiting in the wings for their inheritance.

Last edited:
He tripping but a lot of them think that way. Trust that logic is being carried by younger whites too...you can see it on here every day

:rofl:

A+, my friend

Yikes. I mean we always knew Rupert Murdoch was a devil but this dude is the CEO of one of the most influential and prominent corporations in the world and he's openly commenting on social media as said CEO, talking about, "Ancient Egyptians treated blacks as slaves" :wow: :smh:

I know his generation is about to die but you know he's got a bunch of baby devils waiting in the wings for their inheritance.

This guy controls the media, too.

:smh: :smh:

Obviously, ancient Egyptians were a not as pale the cast of Exodus: Gods and Kings. However, my criticism of Ridley Scott is based on something else. Since the year 2000, he seems to give us a sword and sandal epic every five years and in 2000, 2005 and 2010, they all fit our current state of affairs. In 2000, we had Gladiator, which focused on a body politic distracted by spectacle and violence. In 2005, we saw Islam clash with the West in Kingdom of Heaven. In 2010, we witnessed a divided and financially depleted realm in Robin Hood.

I really do not see how Exodus really speaks to our present condition. It seems lazy and derivative and it may bomb, from business prospective, In 1957, The Ten Commandments was a major hit because most Americans were kinda religious. Today, a number of Americans are Atheist or they are radically Evangelical. An action movie that is Biblical in nature based but neither deferential nor scripture will be unappealing to anti-theist and fundamentalist alike.

If I had the resources and credibility of Ridley Scott, I would keep the quinquennial epic in the Middle Ages. I would place it in Italy and I would dwell on the question of who is to participate in a constitutional government. Since 2010, we have grappled with police brutality, elections with varying levels of turnout, Mitt Romney's odious 47% comments and out right denunciations of poor voting blocs. History, especially popular history, may not solve our problems, but it can show us that we are not the first and only people to grapple with these important issues. I believe that an epic set in 13th or 14th Century Italy would be able to bring to light similar debates about the size and scope of republican states from the days of yore.

Last edited:
If I had the resources and credibility of Ridley Scott, I would keep the quinquennial epic in the Middle Ages. I would place it in Italy and I would dwell on the question of who is to participate in a constitutional government.
That would be nice. But what I would REALLY like to see Ridley do is make a movie about the 1066 battle of Hastings/Norman invasion of England. I can't believe there isn't a single movie about this and it's one of THE most history altering events in western history.

Well, maybe not Ridley because he has made so many historical/medieval movies already. I would like to see another great director tackle the subject. Like Paul Thomas Anderson, he hasn't done a movie in this genre.

BTW, Kingdom of Heaven is an amazing movie. Some who have seen it may have only seen the crappy theatrical cut. You should check out the almost 1 hour longer director's cut, the difference is like night and day.

Reading the comments on this video and I find it hilarious that white people's go to move now is to call everyone else racist :smh: :lol:

If a movie about Rome was made with mostly Black cast and the only white roles being minor characters, white people would flip the F_ out!

"It's just a movie." "They're actors, its like playing dress up." "There were so many different races in Egypt." :rolleyes

"If you think a white man cant play an Egyptian then maybe we should hate shakespear for letting men play women" :stoneface:

Reading the comments on this video and I find it hilarious that white people's go to move now is to call everyone else racist :smh: :lol:

If a movie about Rome was made with mostly Black cast and the only white roles being minor characters, white people would flip the F_ out!

"It's just a movie." "They're actors, its like playing dress up." "There were so many different races in Egypt." :rolleyes

"If you think a white man cant play an Egyptian then maybe we should hate shakespear for letting men play women" :stoneface:

The irony in his interview is hilarious

how can you brush off the complaints about the cast and in the next breath talk about treating people equally

Back
Top Bottom