Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

nk1rfu2rso3a1.jpg

A quick update. Hoping for the unit rehab to be completed by this weekend. So as expected, definitely went over budget. Was hoping to keep it under $12k, but looks like I'll be in it for $13.5k. We had to rip out the subflooring because it was a mess. I would've preferred the wall paint to be lighter, but my contractor picked it out without me being there. Oh well. Already have a tenant screened and ready to move in at $1k/mo. Oh and the efficiency is roughly 240 sq ft.

20221109_131548.jpg

20221206_144320.jpg

20221109_131425.jpg

20221206_144249.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Even if the materials arent some sturdy/custom made stuff, I think you got a good deal for 13.5k
All materials were purchased from Home Depot and durable enough for a rental. Labor was $7,200 of the cost and materials about $6,300. I went over budget because we couldn't find a shower stall kit that would fit the space, so now I'm having to build a shower. Back in the day, I would've done the labor myself, but I'd lose more money doing that now.

Might be the first time I've ever seen an AC installed over the kitchen sink. I'm guessing the one on the wall didn't work :lol:
I'm in FL. We need as many AC as we can get :lol: I took it down, though. The one on the wall works just fine. By law, we're just required to provide heat. AC is a luxury.

All materials were purchased from Home Depot and durable enough for a rental. Labor was $7,200 of the cost and materials about $6,300. I went over budget because we couldn't find a shower stall kit that would fit the space, so now I'm having to build a shower. Back in the day, I would've done the labor myself, but I'd lose more money doing that now.

I'm in FL. We need as many AC as we can get :lol: I took it down, though. The one on the wall works just fine. By law, we're just required to provide heat. AC is a luxury.
2 ACs and a ceiling fan. I bet it was breezy than a mfer in that piece :rofl: World of a difference the Reno made.

A quick update. Hoping for the unit rehab to be completed by this weekend. So as expected, definitely went over budget. Was hoping to keep it under $12k, but looks like I'll be in it for $13.5k. We had to rip out the subflooring because it was a mess. I would've preferred the wall paint to be lighter, but my contractor picked it out without me being there. Oh well. Already have a tenant screened and ready to move in at $1k/mo. Oh and the efficiency is roughly 240 sq ft.

IMG_1346.jpg

What is going on here, with the last pic?

2 ACs and a ceiling fan. I bet it was breezy than a mfer in that piece :rofl: World of a difference the Reno made.
Man the previous tenant had it good! The previous landlord was collecting only $500/mo in rent from the tenant and paying all their electric, water, sewage, and trash, totaling about $240/mo. I'm so glad they left. Had me depressed when I walked in and saw the condition of the unit.

you don't need to do any concrete pillars or anything for the subfloor? Loose (?) cinderblocks and wood blocks? Absolutely not criticizing, just curious what I'm looking at.

Patio extension finished. A little before, during, and after. My knees are already thanking those steps :lol:
5417738E-D5B6-43D5-8F39-E89B5E93E8B0.jpeg
484C7A1B-14D5-4709-B1E0-06A2CBD94D05.jpeg
B6937120-F78C-4373-B732-3EE71833ACF1.jpeg

We didn’t realize how much of a slope there was in the back yard. Think we’re leaning towards putting up a couple large box planters to serve as a pseudo wall for the ledge.

Back
Top Bottom